How prepared are you really?

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/4/2011 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2011 11:34pm
TripleFive wrote:
I'm young, single, and have no kids. Plus I have a gun. Ain't worried about shiz. I've read a shit tun about surviving a zombie uprising...
I'm young, single, and have no kids. Plus I have a gun. Ain't worried about shiz.

I've read a shit tun about surviving a zombie uprising so I think I should be perfectly prepared..
Don't you need to have a plazma gun for zombies?or is it a rail gun?
newmann
8/5/2011 4:20am
I don't have any gold or guns but I am a good writer. When the collapse comes- I'll just write someone a nice article and I...
I don't have any gold or guns but I am a good writer. When the collapse comes- I'll just write someone a nice article and I am sure they will give me some food or something. Hey, I am a man with a plan.
I'm sure there will be plenty of manifestos that will have to be written, might as well be professionally done...Smile
8/5/2011 5:23am
Come on guys, you've all seen the movie; when the end comes, Australia's the only place that'll survive. So make sure your plan includes some way to get your arses down here before they're shot off by gun toting vigilantes or chewed off by half-crazed zombies.

Oh, and if you make it down under, check your "hardware" at the door and grab a spatula for the barbie instead. The cold beer will be waiting.

The Shop

Void Main
8/5/2011 6:18am
Antipodean wrote:
Come on guys, you've all seen the movie; when the end comes, Australia's the only place that'll survive. So make sure your plan includes [i]some[/i] way...
Come on guys, you've all seen the movie; when the end comes, Australia's the only place that'll survive. So make sure your plan includes some way to get your arses down here before they're shot off by gun toting vigilantes or chewed off by half-crazed zombies.

Oh, and if you make it down under, check your "hardware" at the door and grab a spatula for the barbie instead. The cold beer will be waiting.
CamP
8/5/2011 7:47am
I have a kitchen full of knives just in case all hell breaks loose.
Sondy132001
8/5/2011 8:44am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2011 8:44am
Regardless of all the funny posts, being prepared is not a bad idea, Cygnus put up a great link, we should all catch on, the motorcycles are smart, when all the cars run out of gas on the roads we need something to get around them ! Most people don't have motorcycles so I guess we are ahead of the curve right ? I got a couple of honda ruckus' they'll work and a 100 miles to the gallon Wink I am going to work on the list, like I said if I get to my brothers track I'm good, we have a lake, trailers, generators all the stuff. I don't have guns, my mom has one in her safe, but I'm afraid of them, guess it's time to take lessons and get one !

S
maicoman
8/5/2011 9:28am
TripleFive wrote:
I'm young, single, and have no kids. Plus I have a gun. Ain't worried about shiz. I've read a shit tun about surviving a zombie uprising...
I'm young, single, and have no kids. Plus I have a gun. Ain't worried about shiz.

I've read a shit tun about surviving a zombie uprising so I think I should be perfectly prepared..
lostboy819 wrote:
Don't you need to have a plazma gun for zombies?or is it a rail gun?
nah, flamethrowers will do Wink
Cygnus
8/5/2011 9:40am
Regardless of all the funny posts, being prepared is not a bad idea, Cygnus put up a great link, we should all catch on, the motorcycles...
Regardless of all the funny posts, being prepared is not a bad idea, Cygnus put up a great link, we should all catch on, the motorcycles are smart, when all the cars run out of gas on the roads we need something to get around them ! Most people don't have motorcycles so I guess we are ahead of the curve right ? I got a couple of honda ruckus' they'll work and a 100 miles to the gallon Wink I am going to work on the list, like I said if I get to my brothers track I'm good, we have a lake, trailers, generators all the stuff. I don't have guns, my mom has one in her safe, but I'm afraid of them, guess it's time to take lessons and get one !

S
Thanks for the props. I have 4 daughters and a granddaughter. I feel it is my responsibility to be prepared for them. Definetly go take a gun class and get a couple and a nice ammo stock pile.

I am also getting into the couponing thing. Need to have shampoo and soap might as well get some of that stuff for free of close to it
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
8/5/2011 10:16am
lostboy819 wrote:
Now your talking brother!!! hook up with me a you can write my propaganda ;) But if the system doesn't crash I guess I still have...
Now your talking brother!!! hook up with me a you can write my propaganda Wink
But if the system doesn't crash I guess I still have to go to work Monday. Doh!
Why go to work on Monday or any other day for that matter? Just show up there with you guns and take their shit!! After all, you probably made most of the money for the company anyways. Wink
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
8/5/2011 2:39pm
If shit goes south I'm prepared. I have my arms wide open ready for Obama to come in and save me.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/5/2011 3:28pm
I have a decent bear cave on my property in N.C. It has a fresh water stream with trout and crawdaddies all over inside and fresh air seems to be coming from the center of the earth. I think I am going to just move there either way, bears have it made.
BK
8/5/2011 3:49pm
"And the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure."
fcr
8/5/2011 3:54pm
BK wrote:
"And the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the...
"And the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure."
Naven
Cygnus
8/5/2011 5:30pm
I went ahead and picked up about 25 bucks worth of canned goods an pasta today when me and the girls went school cloths shopping. Some sewing stuff too. I had nothing to even give myself or the kids stitches if we needed it?
Rooster
8/5/2011 6:03pm
BK wrote:
"And the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the...
Don't forget to grab shithead on your way out the door.
8/5/2011 7:34pm
How come every survivalist waving a gun around in here is from Colorado or Texas?
(kidding, don't fire)Woohoo
90smxer
8/5/2011 8:20pm
I typically have a weeks worth of food in my house at a time. Why not more? Because I have a multitude of grocery stores within walking distance of my house. If we have a disaster in my area and I need food, I will go to the grocery store. If the grocery store is out of food, I will come to your house and take your food. If you do not want me to take your food, I will kill you and then take your food. Also, if you have a daughter, I will take her with me.
8/5/2011 9:32pm
90smxer wrote:
I typically have a weeks worth of food in my house at a time. Why not more? Because I have a multitude of grocery stores within...
I typically have a weeks worth of food in my house at a time. Why not more? Because I have a multitude of grocery stores within walking distance of my house. If we have a disaster in my area and I need food, I will go to the grocery store. If the grocery store is out of food, I will come to your house and take your food. If you do not want me to take your food, I will kill you and then take your food. Also, if you have a daughter, I will take her with me.
Could I trade you an article about something?
90smxer
8/5/2011 9:37pm
90smxer wrote:
I typically have a weeks worth of food in my house at a time. Why not more? Because I have a multitude of grocery stores within...
Could I trade you an article about something?
Sure.
Stephon
8/6/2011 10:03pm
My iPhone is fully charged; I'm ready for anything.
jtomasik
8/7/2011 7:11am
Void Main wrote:
I can make it until 6 o'clock.
Shit, I'm coming over to your place. I'm only good until about lunch. I gotta make it 'til 9 tonight...hot date.
BUTCH
8/7/2011 8:25am
I've been working on putting things together for awhile now. Must admit, I need to do more than I have already.
yzthumpa
8/8/2011 12:21pm
In La., being prepared for disaster for the most part applies to hurricanes. I don't stock up on supplies, water, and gasoline, and don't own a generator. But we always evacuate, and we do it early before it's a mass exodus. However, my dad, a former cop, always carries his revolver in a leg holster. He's by no means a gun nut or survivalist, but he occasionally just puts it out there that you should have a pistol, a rifle, and 1,000 rounds of ammo for each. I'm starting to consider it. My 12 yr. old son and I really enjoyed watching season 2 of "Top Shot" together. He enjoyed it much more than I expected. At the time, I had just bought a BB/pellet rifle with a scope (exact model I had 30+ yrs. ago when I was a kid) because of a squirrel problem in the attic. I ended up buying an archery target, and we can actually shoot safely in my game room with 2-3 pumps in the air rifle (i.e. no ricochets and the BB's stay inside the box without going out the other side and into my walls). And the kid's grouping is within a couple inches so I don't worry about him missing the 3 foot target box completely. Soon after, we bought a really cool pellet pistol with a red dot sight. I told my father that we want to start going to the range with him so me and the kid can learn to shoot a real gun.
Just a few days ago, they passed down a verdict on 5 NOPD officers in a bridge shooting incident in the aftermath of Katrina. While the cops were both black and white, it was portrayed by the media basically as target practice by the cops on a group of blacks trying to cross the bridge. It was more complicated than that since they were responding to an "officer down" call, but in the end I think the lying and cover-ups that followed sealed the guilty verdicts. But prior to the verdict, I had in the back of my mind, what happens if they find these guys innocent (I thought they were guilty) and we end up with a case of rioting ala L.A./Rodney King? It sure would be nice to have a little more protection than a couple of pellet guns in the house.
Sondy132001
8/8/2011 12:39pm
yzthumpa wrote:
In La., being prepared for disaster for the most part applies to hurricanes. I don't stock up on supplies, water, and gasoline, and don't own a...
In La., being prepared for disaster for the most part applies to hurricanes. I don't stock up on supplies, water, and gasoline, and don't own a generator. But we always evacuate, and we do it early before it's a mass exodus. However, my dad, a former cop, always carries his revolver in a leg holster. He's by no means a gun nut or survivalist, but he occasionally just puts it out there that you should have a pistol, a rifle, and 1,000 rounds of ammo for each. I'm starting to consider it. My 12 yr. old son and I really enjoyed watching season 2 of "Top Shot" together. He enjoyed it much more than I expected. At the time, I had just bought a BB/pellet rifle with a scope (exact model I had 30+ yrs. ago when I was a kid) because of a squirrel problem in the attic. I ended up buying an archery target, and we can actually shoot safely in my game room with 2-3 pumps in the air rifle (i.e. no ricochets and the BB's stay inside the box without going out the other side and into my walls). And the kid's grouping is within a couple inches so I don't worry about him missing the 3 foot target box completely. Soon after, we bought a really cool pellet pistol with a red dot sight. I told my father that we want to start going to the range with him so me and the kid can learn to shoot a real gun.
Just a few days ago, they passed down a verdict on 5 NOPD officers in a bridge shooting incident in the aftermath of Katrina. While the cops were both black and white, it was portrayed by the media basically as target practice by the cops on a group of blacks trying to cross the bridge. It was more complicated than that since they were responding to an "officer down" call, but in the end I think the lying and cover-ups that followed sealed the guilty verdicts. But prior to the verdict, I had in the back of my mind, what happens if they find these guys innocent (I thought they were guilty) and we end up with a case of rioting ala L.A./Rodney King? It sure would be nice to have a little more protection than a couple of pellet guns in the house.
I just found out there is a target range (indoor) less then a mile from my house, so my sister in law and I are going to go learn, then after I feel comfy with a gun (I'm terrified of them) I'd like to get a gun and a lock box for it, I'd like to be prepared too !

S
Frogman
8/8/2011 12:53pm
Cygnus wrote:
Don't forget that paper money could be worthless hope you All hav some gold and silver piled up too.
I am looking forward to running across random people lugging gold/silver around post apocalypse...not because I want to steal it...but just to have something to laugh about.
8/8/2011 4:32pm
I'll be fine! No stock piles of any sort, but I work for Uncle Sam. He will make sure I'm kept well fed while I'm rounding all you guys up into concentration camps and confiscating your fire arms. haha
Rooster
8/8/2011 4:44pm
Cygnus wrote:
Don't forget that paper money could be worthless hope you All hav some gold and silver piled up too.
Frogman wrote:
I am looking forward to running across random people lugging gold/silver around post apocalypse...not because I want to steal it...but just to have something to laugh...
I am looking forward to running across random people lugging gold/silver around post apocalypse...not because I want to steal it...but just to have something to laugh about.
The number one investment in troubled times is farmland.

If you have a source of food you can trade for whatever else you need. Anarchy is overrated. Barter will be the currency. Life will go on.

Post a reply to: How prepared are you really?

The Latest