How do i cope with lifes problems

9/21/2015 9:52pm
Man that's a shitty deal Travis but you really gotta straighten up for your kids. I don't know what the deal is with your wife but you need to forget about that for now. Killing yourself is not the answer for your problems. We all blow off problems we have in our lives but if you do it to much that shit eventually comes to a head and it'll tear you up. Don't pack that stuff up cause it's the worst thing you can hang on to. The best thing you can do is talk about it with someone you trust or talk about it here. Judging from Thomas's thread I'm willing to bet there are many here that will listen and not be a fucker about it, offer advise and do what they can to help. Get your frustrations out and you will feel better and things will get easier. That shit with your wife was just the straw that broke the camels back. Get yourself straight then deal with your wife. All your kids need you to no end so do what you got to do to be there for them.

Keep us posted. We're here for you bro
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
9/22/2015 7:08am
TG,
When I think about all the things I've gone through to be here. Shit, the chemo shots in my spinal fluid that go right up to the brain and your head feels like it's going to explode. And you're thinking of giving up?
There's a whole lot more life left to live brother and this is NOT the answer. Your ex is not worth it. One thing I can promise you is that tomorrow will be different. You are the only one who has control of yourself. Don't give her this control over you. You would do well to seek some professional help on this but no matter what you think right this minute, you have to find a way to get through this. A good start would be to stop the drinking, you can't think clear.
For now if you can't figure out why it's worth it for yourself, tell yourself you're need to be here for your kids.
The kids are much better off with you around than growing up with a memory of you giving up on them. Then get off
the bottle. No good ever can come from that. It wont be easy, nothing good is ever easy. I know right now this seems
like your world is crushed but the reality is that a year from now you'll look back and see how this was just shit that people go through.
TM
flarider
9/22/2015 7:21am
Listen, many of the long timers here know my story, and it's no secret. But I went through some pretty bad times and over 23 years ago, I quit drinking and turned my life around. No program, no meetings. Not saying you have any substance issues, but only that the mind is a very powerful thing, for both good and bad, and you have to make the necessary decisions to do the right things for the right reasons, and that is for you and for your kids. Forget her, the world is full of stupid people and you got caught by one. I got caught by one, cost me a fortune, but that's how it goes, you fix it and move on.
I don't even know you, and likely, you don't even know me, but one thing I do know, is that you have the power of choice and the power of decision making, and that power, is what makes you stronger than any problem or stupid person who comes in or out of your life.
I also know this, no answers are in a bottle or can. You will not think clearly and make informed, rational decisions as long as that glass, bottle or can is in your hand. You need to have a clear head moving forward. You need a clear head so you can make the right decision for your kids. Most phones have text blocking, so block her texts and if she needs to communicate with her, because of the kids, tell her she has to call, and do this through your lawyer. Get it on paper, and the why, even get a court order if necessary. No one has the right to mentally attack you, anymore than they have the right to physically attack you.
Lastly, and like I said, I don't know you or anything about you, but I do know that once I made the decision to change my life and become sober, life did become easier. I was able to focus more clearly on what's really important and phase out and ignore the garbage and noise. Try it for awhile, take time to clear your mind, so you can make the right decisions moving forward.
Worked for me, got my shit together, turned my life around and started a nice little business that's doing pretty good.

Bottomline, nothing will be found in that bottle, but more indecision, misery and unhappiness. Step away from it, clear your head, and let the sun shine in, and you'll see all the bright colors of the world, instead of that funky gray and darkness. Then you can make the right proper decisions to move forward, recover from the pain and focus on your kids.

We're all motocross racers here, where in the past or present, once a racer, always a racer, and as a racer, we have stronger mind than everyone else, it's why this sport and this forum is full of business owners, professionals and successful people, you just don't know that, but I do.

You'll be fine, but you have to decide to be fine and make the changes in your mind, the decision, to be fine.

The Shop

TailSoHard
9/22/2015 7:36am
Don't overthink this one man. She's letting her demons get the best of her and she can't handle it. She's trying to bring you down with her.

I watched my best friend go through some of the same shit when his brother took his own life a couple years ago and it was not pretty. Like some have said, the drinking is the worst way to go about this. My buddy was in rough shape for about a year before he started rebounding. He made a conscious decision to quit with the chemicals (drugs, alcohol, pills...) and start with something different: he bought a pair of running shoes and a punching bag. If he wanted to get out his frustration, he'd go punch the shit out of the bag, or run till he couldn't anymore. It becomes an addiction and it gives you the satisfaction of beating the shit out of something (or yourself) without actually doing any harm to anyone. It really is therapeutic. Running or boxing releases the chemical rush in your brain that you're looking for and WILL improve your outlook on life. Plus it's something you can do with your kids. Kids fuckin love running, especially with dad...

Stay strong, brother, and be sure to keep us posted on how you're doing. We're all in this together.
9/22/2015 7:55am
Don't overthink it sounds cliche, but it's true. Totally agree with TailSoHard.

I would suggest counseling first, then run. Yes, run. Get a decent pair of shoes and start running. It helped me cope with issues in life. Think half marathon and run 3 or 4 days a week as a release. I hate running and grew to enjoy it.

but first, counseling. My mother committed suicide when I was 23 on Christmas day. It took me years to forgive her for that.
P
9/22/2015 8:21am
I need serious advice, im currently in a shitty situation. I have the mother of my kids being a complete moron, sending me pics of herself...
I need serious advice, im currently in a shitty situation. I have the mother of my kids being a complete moron, sending me pics of herself in bed with another man.
Its monday and im drinking heavily, i dont know wot to do. Ive been suicidal in the past and i just dont know what to do to get out of thus hole.
My favorite race of the year is here this weekend and i cant even find anyone to go with.
Sorry to bother u all with this
1. Stop drinking to try and numb the pain. Hold off that for a minute.

2. Fuck that bitch. If she is doing that she isn't worth getting upset about or even having any feeling for and she certainly isn't worth your life.

3. Do for you............meaning do things that are going to allow you to enjoy life and if you can't find someone to do something with then go solo. Be happy with who you are. That's the most important thing.

4. Last, but not least, and I would say it's first is think about your kids. That joy will override any love that a chick can give you. That's just MHO.

P
Sandberm
9/22/2015 8:32am
Like somebody else said, take up bicycling.

When I went through my divorce 14 years ago, the bike saved me. Every day I would pound out my frustrations on those peddles rather then drink. Its amazing how much better a guy will feel after a good cardio workout. It clears your head up.
flarider
9/22/2015 8:43am
I just thought of something...

You asked;

"How do i cope with life's problems?"

and quite simply, "It ain't through drinking"

moto455va
9/22/2015 9:01am
she sent pics of her with another dude? Send those pics to her parents with a silly caption

"Having lots of fun- meeting lots of new people!!"
borg
9/22/2015 9:28am
Sometimes the heart just rules though. Its one of mans greatest anomolies. WHY... Who knows, it just does. I dont wish bad on her, ill always...
Sometimes the heart just rules though. Its one of mans greatest anomolies. WHY... Who knows, it just does.

I dont wish bad on her, ill always love her.. Im just sad

I wish i was going to france in three days
Yes, the heart does overpower you at times and for you this is one of those times.
Things that will help you get through this:

Time. As the hours and days tick away the power this has over you will diminish.

Get busy with something. Time is a burden if it's empty. Other have made good suggestions. What helped me was hanging with another person in a similar situation. If you don't know somebody then try a support group.

Things that wont help:
Brooding. This is a struggle but trust me, it get's better. I wont tell you how long it took me but you will be able to clear your mind and find some happiness.

Alcohol. If you have trouble controlling it, this is the worst time to succumb to it. It's like piling on with your other overpowering emotions.

12 years ago I spilled my guts on here just like you did. (It was Motodrive then). But the point is, it was 12 years ago which means I came through it and became happy again. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise you.

9/22/2015 11:31am
Thanks guys

I have woken up feeling strangely ok today. Im not hooked on the beer, i just have a week off from work orels i would not even bother with it.
I just dunno wot to think, im 32 and have broken up with ppl before so i do believe what u all tell me. Just wish i had mates to keep occupied, but no i only see them weekends.

Travis
flarider
9/22/2015 11:45am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2015 11:46am
Thanks guys I have woken up feeling strangely ok today. Im not hooked on the beer, i just have a week off from work orels i...
Thanks guys

I have woken up feeling strangely ok today. Im not hooked on the beer, i just have a week off from work orels i would not even bother with it.
I just dunno wot to think, im 32 and have broken up with ppl before so i do believe what u all tell me. Just wish i had mates to keep occupied, but no i only see them weekends.

Travis
Then don't bother with it, not now, it just magnifies your woes and negative feelings....there is a reason there's a term "crying in your beer"

Go do something, anything

Go look at some bicycles, road or mountain, talk to the dealer, and consider the possibility of it being something to do. You don't have to buy, but get the info, because it'll burn time on the clock and right now, that's what you want to do, take things one minute, one hour and one day at a time, so look into new ways to occupy your time, both now and in future.

As time passes, you'll feel better, just need to get out of this funk.

Go for long drives, back you favorite music into your car or iPhone, and take a day trip somewhere...lake, mountain, park, river, whatever....just get away, and do it each day, as a way to get away and a way to burn time...take in a ballgame or two if you can
borg
9/22/2015 3:24pm
Thanks guys I have woken up feeling strangely ok today. Im not hooked on the beer, i just have a week off from work orels i...
Thanks guys

Travis
flarider wrote:
Then don't bother with it, not now, it just magnifies your woes and negative feelings....there is a reason there's a term "crying in your beer" Go...
Then don't bother with it, not now, it just magnifies your woes and negative feelings....there is a reason there's a term "crying in your beer"

Go do something, anything

Go look at some bicycles, road or mountain, talk to the dealer, and consider the possibility of it being something to do. You don't have to buy, but get the info, because it'll burn time on the clock and right now, that's what you want to do, take things one minute, one hour and one day at a time, so look into new ways to occupy your time, both now and in future.

As time passes, you'll feel better, just need to get out of this funk.

Go for long drives, back you favorite music into your car or iPhone, and take a day trip somewhere...lake, mountain, park, river, whatever....just get away, and do it each day, as a way to get away and a way to burn time...take in a ballgame or two if you can
Hey Dave, Ivan here. It's been a while since I have seen you post here. How are things? What are you up to these days?
JW381
9/22/2015 3:30pm
Travis, I am sorry to hear that man. That is extremely fucked up, I can't imagine how that must feel. All I can say is, drinking and suicidal thoughts ain't the answer. That sounds easy enough, but I promise you'll reach a point where you look back and know you are in a better place. If a woman is fucked up enough to do something so awful, then you are too good for her anyway. Throttle therapy. Go out and keep yourself busy and as sober as you can.

I've had my moments in my brief 25 years where that kind of shit seems unbearable. I've thought the same thoughts that you have. But I promise it's not worth it.

Honestly, this may not be best received, but look into herbal supplements. I've found a great ability to control my life by adding stuff from mother earth to my daily routine. I'm not talking pot, but if that's your gig then so be it. You can pm if ya need.
flarider
9/22/2015 4:58pm
borg wrote:
Hey Dave, Ivan here. It's been a while since I have seen you post here. How are things? What are you up to these days?
I come and go, lurk occasionally, but things are fine, actually very well, just crazy busy.
Thanks for asking
Hope all is well with you
Sully
9/22/2015 5:07pm
Thanks guys

Travis
"I have woken up feeling strangely ok today."

That's a great feeling isn't it? After my ex-wife left, I had a similar feeling one day. It just seemed to happen out of the blue; all of a sudden I was OK. I knew I wasn't going to live in the past anymore, I was going to concentrate on myself and my kids, and do everything I could to make our lives better. That was 2 1/2 years ago, and - like I said in my last post - today, I'm more comfortable with myself than I ever have been before.

Drop me a message through my profile if you want to get some shit off your chest. I may not have all the answers, but I'll help as best I can.
Nighttrain
9/22/2015 5:41pm
Many worthy messages in this thread. The feel good endorphins from exercise lack the kick of booger sugar and booze but has much less day after toll. Endless miles of cycling on trails and roads has pulled me thru some rough spots. Hang in there, TG.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/22/2015 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2015 6:49pm
Glad you're feeling better but thoughts of suicide are obviously not ok...my wife works in mental health and has helped many folks in your situation...don't be ashamed to seek medical help!
71Fish
9/23/2015 5:45am
The best thing is like others have said, seek counseling. The problems you are running from will be amplified 10X without you.

Like others, I've lost someone to suicide. Coming up on 3 years in October. His body has never been recovered, most likely at the bottom of a local reservoir. What is sad and I can't forget is he had plans with several of us the day he went missing.

It's not worth it. People love you and will miss you.
Sandberm
9/23/2015 5:51am
Thanks guys

Travis
Sully wrote:
"I have woken up feeling strangely ok today." That's a great feeling isn't it? After my ex-wife left, I had a similar feeling one day. It...
"I have woken up feeling strangely ok today."

That's a great feeling isn't it? After my ex-wife left, I had a similar feeling one day. It just seemed to happen out of the blue; all of a sudden I was OK. I knew I wasn't going to live in the past anymore, I was going to concentrate on myself and my kids, and do everything I could to make our lives better. That was 2 1/2 years ago, and - like I said in my last post - today, I'm more comfortable with myself than I ever have been before.

Drop me a message through my profile if you want to get some shit off your chest. I may not have all the answers, but I'll help as best I can.
I'll third this "Strangely ok" feeling.

I spent a lot of time trying to make my first marriage work and when she finally left....I couldnt believe how good I felt. It was like a large anvil of negativity had been lifted from my shoulders.
9/23/2015 8:30am
Some real stories here. I always try to start topics that will generate real deep things out of people (this thread wasnt for that it just happened that way). I love getting in peoples minds.

Im still getting shit out of her but im coping, went for a walk to town today in the shitty rain lol. Had a sandwich and a carrot cake
JW381
9/23/2015 9:40am
Some real stories here. I always try to start topics that will generate real deep things out of people (this thread wasnt for that it just...
Some real stories here. I always try to start topics that will generate real deep things out of people (this thread wasnt for that it just happened that way). I love getting in peoples minds.

Im still getting shit out of her but im coping, went for a walk to town today in the shitty rain lol. Had a sandwich and a carrot cake
There's something to be said for being able to cope. You discover a new amount of personal strength that you likely doubted. Because as many have said, seeking help will likely be very beneficial, but at the end of the day it's you that's going to get yourself thru this rough time. Out of this hole. Being able to stand tall, take charge of your life and well-being, and look back at a shitty time as just that, a shitty time, are going to make you a better man than you already are.

There's a lot of brain chemistry that goes on with the people we choose as partners, so it makes perfect sense that this is tearing you up right now. Nothing to be ashamed of. But as time passes and you get to moving on, that won't be the case. So take solace in that. Its like eating shit on your bike, you know the pain is only temporary, and at some point it will subside. That being said, I don't have kids nor a mother of my kids, so I understand there's a bit more at play here. Just breath deep all day long, stay as busy as you can, and be proactive in bettering your overall well-being. None of us have any time to lose so get back to living brotha!
9/23/2015 10:45am
Man i wish i could arrange a get together, bit hard when there is about 13 thousand miles between us as a whole lol
jtomasik
9/23/2015 11:48am
Man i wish i could arrange a get together, bit hard when there is about 13 thousand miles between us as a whole lol
The main thing you need to do is go seek professional help and don't burn your time asking advice here. Hell, one of the posters in this thread stole $2K from me and is nothing more than an irresponsible partier...last thing you want is someone like that telling you what to do.

Go seek professional help. Don't drink or party while you go through this. I wish you the absolute best.
9/23/2015 12:15pm
jtomasik wrote:
The main thing you need to do is go seek professional help and don't burn your time asking advice here. Hell, one of the posters in...
The main thing you need to do is go seek professional help and don't burn your time asking advice here. Hell, one of the posters in this thread stole $2K from me and is nothing more than an irresponsible partier...last thing you want is someone like that telling you what to do.

Go seek professional help. Don't drink or party while you go through this. I wish you the absolute best.
Hey, im sorry to hear that. Guess its a poster in this thread.

Dont let it become an argument, mind u if it is right the other poster wont respond at all. We know y
huck
9/23/2015 12:30pm
jtomasik wrote:
The main thing you need to do is go seek professional help and don't burn your time asking advice here. Hell, one of the posters in...

Long time no see!
MB109
9/23/2015 7:04pm
I had an adventure with depression towards the end of high school and into my first years at college - I really didn't know what was wrong with me, I had friends, got decent grades, good home life.. but what was really making things worse was the anti-depressants and the constant casual drinking. It leads you to a point where despite what's on your plate, you just don't care. I quit the anti-depressants and quit getting near blackout drunk every Thursday-Sunday out of the blue one day and things started to turn around from there.

I really focused on me - I bought a road bike, made a list of goals, used a calendar to figure out how I would spend my time, and started going to the gym. From there, a lot of things started falling into place. When you realize how capable you really are, it makes you want to work even harder and not settle for anything. Make your health, goals, and your relationship with your children priority.

We're all pulling for you Travis!
9/23/2015 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2015 7:34pm
Gotta b honest, its 03.05am ive just got in, ive got unadilla 08 on.
Ive relapsed. Sat in my boxers and socks, but i have blocked HER and deletrd her. Im drinkin red wine.

Sorry guys, its hard.
Sandberm
9/23/2015 7:17pm
Gotta b honest, its 03.05am ive just got in, ive got unadilla 08 on. Ive relapsed. Sat in my boxers and socks, but i have blocked...
Gotta b honest, its 03.05am ive just got in, ive got unadilla 08 on.
Ive relapsed. Sat in my boxers and socks, but i have blocked HER and deletrd her. Im drinkin red wine.

Sorry guys, its hard.
Get new friends

Post a reply to: How do i cope with lifes problems

The Latest