How can this be true SCR?

The Rock
Given you implied nothing like this occurs in the US

|
bsm121
9/24/2016 1:08pm
Did they target minorities or areas riddled with drugs?

If ATF goes where the drugs are, why does it matter who has them?
newmann
9/24/2016 1:31pm
bsm121 wrote:

To hell with the obvious...lol. Rock is on a roll, I mean troll.
APLMAN99
9/24/2016 10:50pm
bsm121 wrote:

The article makes it pretty clear. The ATF "invented" the crime, invited people to participate as accomplices, arrested and obtained convictions, and walked away despite basically doing the same things as the folks being jailed.

If the facts contained in the story are accurate, everyone should be outraged at their actions. I doubt most will be, though.

But it's really just business as usual in our justice system.
APLMAN99
9/25/2016 6:57am
False. I'd love for this, and all the similar stories, stats, etc, to not be true.

But currently this appears to simply be more evidence of the "covert Jim Crow" system that blacks still face

The Shop

The Rock
9/25/2016 1:36pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The article makes it pretty clear. The ATF "invented" the crime, invited people to participate as accomplices, arrested and obtained convictions, and walked away despite basically...
The article makes it pretty clear. The ATF "invented" the crime, invited people to participate as accomplices, arrested and obtained convictions, and walked away despite basically doing the same things as the folks being jailed.

If the facts contained in the story are accurate, everyone should be outraged at their actions. I doubt most will be, though.

But it's really just business as usual in our justice system.
That's a page right out of the FBI anti terrorism playbook. Case in point two years ago I was in western NY and my friend referenced the guy they arrested in a Walmart parking lot as an example of ISIS being in the US. I mentioned that in many cases the FBI sets up these dumb stooges by giving them the idea, the weapons etc then swoops in and claims they've busted another terror plot.

I'm not right all the time but I nailed this one. I just tried finding this case but instead found a more recent case in Rochester where they duped a mentally retarded man in a similar fashion.

I am all for fighting terrorism but am a thousand percent against law enforcement creating these cases to make it appear they're doing a great job.
The Rock
9/25/2016 1:39pm
Even if they're not true, you want it to be true, don't ya? So you can be outraged about it, ey?

So now you are a mind reader ey? Dude take a deep breath and turn off Fox and Rush Limbaugh to come back to reality. Please.
9/25/2016 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 2:07pm
The Rock wrote:
I can tell you where I don't get my news from and it sure as hell isn't American news sources. I will watch BBC news and...
I can tell you where I don't get my news from and it sure as hell isn't American news sources. I will watch BBC news and read the Haretz paper from Israel's website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-fbi-entrapment-is-inventi…

The above RS article is from 2012 so I got hip to this four years ago.

Here is a NY Times Article

I would go easy on the BBC news, its fast becoming a joke even over here. Its so biased it may as well be in partnership with the Guardian. Their coverage of the lead up to Brexit was laughable, probably had an influence on why people voted to leave
SCR
9/25/2016 6:15pm
The Rock wrote:
Given you implied nothing like this occurs in the US [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/24/153288/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

I didn't imply anything like that. The other day I implied that the war on drugs and the tough sentences started in the late 60s and 70s and was pushed by black community leaders, churches, the Congressional Black Caucus, and others because they wanted something done about the drug related violence that was tearing apart their communities.

And that the idea that Nancy and Ron along with a bunch of white lawmakers, judges, police, etc all coordinated some racially inspired plot to destroy minorities was stupid.

And since you brought the subject up again I will ask the same question. If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?

As far as that article the most shocking thing to me is that it seems more concerned that a disproportionate number of whites are not targeted. The whole idea of setting anyone up in this way should be a much bigger concern than what color they are.

I have little to no trust in any of our Gov. Agencies and their motives and this kind of thing has bothered me since I read about similar set ups with accused terrorists.
newmann
9/25/2016 8:01pm
The Rock wrote:
I can tell you where I don't get my news from and it sure as hell isn't American news sources. I will watch BBC news and...
I can tell you where I don't get my news from and it sure as hell isn't American news sources. I will watch BBC news and read the Haretz paper from Israel's website.

You complain about Rush and Fox yet post a link to Rolling Stone? Laughing
JBlain619
9/26/2016 11:54am
The Rock wrote:

newmann wrote:
And the NY Times...Woohoo
lestat
9/26/2016 12:12pm
" If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?"

the investors in a privatized prison system stand to benefit a great deal , from a system that incarcerates a huge percentage of its citizens . just one off the top of my head . a lot of money being made from forced labour of prisoners by corporations , would be another .

a wise man once told me .... follow the money .
lestat
9/26/2016 12:22pm
newmann wrote:
Matt Taibbi did some stellar work for rolling stone on the banking industry during the financial swindle of 09 . he was pretty much the only guy I could find who did actual journalism in the "too big to fail" bullshit era .
SCR
9/26/2016 1:32pm
lestat wrote:
" If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?" the investors in a privatized prison system stand...
" If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?"

the investors in a privatized prison system stand to benefit a great deal , from a system that incarcerates a huge percentage of its citizens . just one off the top of my head . a lot of money being made from forced labour of prisoners by corporations , would be another .

Prison certainly are big business especially here in CA. And it wouldn't surprise me that certain people would be doing some dirty stuff to keep them busy. Maybe some Judges?

But if investors are looking to fill prisons, and the war on drugs is the way to fill prisons, that doesn't really explain the argument that blacks are being targeted and white drug users are being given a warning. I mean if the priority is to fill prisons for profit then do you really think these same people care what color the prisoners are ?

Also, if you believe that the purpose of the war on drugs and the hard sentences is to fill prisons and or destroy minority communities then you would have to believe that it is one hell of a well coordinated and transparent plot that has been supported by not only Presidents and their administrations, Congressman including black and Hispanic congressman, but thousands of others, Judges, Church leaders, state and federal lawmakers, etc, Again many who represent and are I believe have the best intentions of minority communities in mind. It obviously has not worked and has caused other unintended consequences. ( That is pretty much what Charlie Rangel said and he is one of the black Lawmakers from Harlem that pushed for hard senteces in the 70s ,

The claim that there is thousands of powerful lawmakers getting together to destroy black communities and put them all in prison because its profitable ? or they just don't like their kind ? Come on.

For sure problems related to all this will never get better until people cant stop exploiting it and get honest about it.
APLMAN99
9/26/2016 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:06pm
lestat wrote:
" If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?" the investors in a privatized prison system stand...

SCR wrote:
Prison certainly are big business especially here in CA. And it wouldn't surprise me that certain people would be doing some dirty stuff to keep them...
Prison certainly are big business especially here in CA. And it wouldn't surprise me that certain people would be doing some dirty stuff to keep them busy. Maybe some Judges?

But if investors are looking to fill prisons, and the war on drugs is the way to fill prisons, that doesn't really explain the argument that blacks are being targeted and white drug users are being given a warning. I mean if the priority is to fill prisons for profit then do you really think these same people care what color the prisoners are ?

Also, if you believe that the purpose of the war on drugs and the hard sentences is to fill prisons and or destroy minority communities then you would have to believe that it is one hell of a well coordinated and transparent plot that has been supported by not only Presidents and their administrations, Congressman including black and Hispanic congressman, but thousands of others, Judges, Church leaders, state and federal lawmakers, etc, Again many who represent and are I believe have the best intentions of minority communities in mind. It obviously has not worked and has caused other unintended consequences. ( That is pretty much what Charlie Rangel said and he is one of the black Lawmakers from Harlem that pushed for hard senteces in the 70s ,

The claim that there is thousands of powerful lawmakers getting together to destroy black communities and put them all in prison because its profitable ? or they just don't like their kind ? Come on.

For sure problems related to all this will never get better until people cant stop exploiting it and get honest about it.
The wealth disparity between blacks and whites certainly carries over to quality legal representation and conviction rates.

As for rational motive, that's a tough thing applying logic and reason to something as unreasonable and illogical as racial prejudices. One could argue that business owners would have never posted signs in their windows telling a segment of potential paying customers to stay away simply because of the color of their skin. The argument would be that greed would override any personal prejudice.

Obviously that didn't occur......
SCR
9/26/2016 2:14pm
lestat wrote:

SCR wrote:
Prison certainly are big business especially here in CA. And it wouldn't surprise me that certain people would be doing some dirty stuff to keep them...

APLMAN99 wrote:
The wealth disparity between blacks and whites certainly carries over to quality legal representation and conviction rates. As for rational motive, that's a tough thing applying...
The wealth disparity between blacks and whites certainly carries over to quality legal representation and conviction rates.

As for rational motive, that's a tough thing applying logic and reason to something as unreasonable and illogical as racial prejudices. One could argue that business owners would have never posted signs in their windows telling a segment of potential paying customers to stay away simply because of the color of their skin. The argument would be that greed would override any personal prejudice.

So now its the lawyers fault ? I don't have any statistics handy but I think some common sense would say that there are quite a few more white people in poverty than blacks. And I would also say that most whites that are using and selling drugs come from areas of poverty and low income. Unless lawyers are giving white privilege discounts I don't think that white drug dealer is going to get represented any differently. In fact I believe that blacks and minorities have all kinds of social justice organizations that do what they can to defend minorities that may be treated unfairly.

Wherever the most crime is happening is where you will find the most arrests. And if that's happening in areas where mostly black, or Hispanic, or white people live then that is who will be getting arrested. Its pretty simple.

tunedlength
9/26/2016 9:13pm

I have been around some pretty blighted areas and there always seem to be a strong core of citizens that are trying to raise a family in a not so friendly family environment.
These folks lean on local LE really hard to do something about the caustic elements in their neighborhood.
Sadly they rarely get the same type of press coverage as the BLM.
When the local cops make sweeps the press will usually talk about the potential of racial bias and injustice.
Very little mention of why the cops picked that neighborhood in the first place.
Lots of interviews with bangers who say the cops F'd their stuff up for no reason.
Sad for the folks who are asking for help.
Sad for the people who are trying to help.
The Rock
9/26/2016 11:01pm
lestat wrote:
Matt Taibbi did some stellar work for rolling stone on the banking industry during the financial swindle of 09 . he was pretty much the only...
Matt Taibbi did some stellar work for rolling stone on the banking industry during the financial swindle of 09 . he was pretty much the only guy I could find who did actual journalism in the "too big to fail" bullshit era .
Thank you. Matt Taibbi is a great investigative reporter IMO.
The Rock
9/26/2016 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 11:20pm
Feelings mutual as your post that I responded to was some of the lamest shit I have read on Vital MX.
It triggers me when people like you tell others how they feel when you really don't have a F Ing clue on how they really think or feel but it doesn't stop you from making off base comments like yours.

Sorry you're butt hurt over my Fox and RL comments but just so you know my panties aren't in a wad like your's appear to be by your insinuation I'm influenced by shit networks. My reality is I haven't had a TV in over four years but keep on projecting.

Your comments about your response to aplman are more of the same BS that moved me to comment on your post in the first place. Let me give you a clue for no charge:

Please read this over and over and hopefully you'll see it is YOUR own biases and prejudices not aplman's RE and that's as if society hasn't progressed for black people since slavery, and its almost as if being pissed about it is satisfying for him.

No one is talking about slavery, no one has said this is solely an African American issue as Latinos are also subjected to the same discrimination from our archaic IMO drug laws and sting operations like the one I started the thread over.

Regarding "it's almost like being pissed..." that's YOUR perception and not reality.

To be clear I'm all for others doing what I'm doing which is expressing my opinion but DO NOT tell me what your think my motivations are or what you think me or anyone else is thinking or feeling.
The Rock
9/26/2016 11:26pm
The Rock wrote:

newmann wrote:
Standard ploy from the right Joe. If you don't like the information attack the news source. The RS article unlike RL's is actual reporting and not Op Ed BS like RL spews five days a week.

Rush does pretty much what Green has done twice in this thread. Takes information then twists it to fit his narrative. REALLY WISH that fat F RL gone to prison over his OxyContin addiction but when you have money and aren't a minority things go much differently in our legal system IMO.

newmann
9/27/2016 4:36am
The Rock wrote:

newmann wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Standard ploy from the right Joe. If you don't like the information attack the news source. The RS article unlike RL's is actual reporting and not...
Standard ploy from the right Joe. If you don't like the information attack the news source. The RS article unlike RL's is actual reporting and not Op Ed BS like RL spews five days a week.

Rush does pretty much what Green has done twice in this thread. Takes information then twists it to fit his narrative. REALLY WISH that fat F RL gone to prison over his OxyContin addiction but when you have money and aren't a minority things go much differently in our legal system IMO.

LOL, I can't say that I have ever listened to a Rush show.
APLMAN99
9/27/2016 9:02am
Society hasn't progressed that much for blacks since slavery, and it should piss you off also.

Look, for 100 years AFTER slavery was abolished, we still had government sponsored racism in the form of Jim Crow laws, we still had blacks being 'redlined' out of the opportunities to own homes, we still had huge disparities in our legal and justice systems that were institutionally tilted against blacks.

Why doesn't that piss you off?

That's the real question. Why wouldn't a rational human being be able to admit that we've stacked the deck against blacks for centuries, even long after we abolished slavery, and be furious at those that perpetrated these injustices?
APLMAN99
9/27/2016 9:34am
SCR wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
The wealth disparity between blacks and whites certainly carries over to quality legal representation and conviction rates. As for rational motive, that's a tough thing applying...

SCR wrote:
So now its the lawyers fault ? I don't have any statistics handy but I think some common sense would say that there are quite a...
So now its the lawyers fault ? I don't have any statistics handy but I think some common sense would say that there are quite a few more white people in poverty than blacks. And I would also say that most whites that are using and selling drugs come from areas of poverty and low income. Unless lawyers are giving white privilege discounts I don't think that white drug dealer is going to get represented any differently. In fact I believe that blacks and minorities have all kinds of social justice organizations that do what they can to defend minorities that may be treated unfairly.

Wherever the most crime is happening is where you will find the most arrests. And if that's happening in areas where mostly black, or Hispanic, or white people live then that is who will be getting arrested. Its pretty simple.

I didn't exactly 'blame the lawyers' but it takes a complete suspension of common sense to believe that money doesn't buy better legal representation. Let's be honest, OJ Simpson is a great example of cubic dollars purchasing the brightest and most relentless defense available. If he could have only afforded a public defender, most likely a completely different verdict.

There aren't as many more white people in poverty as compared to blacks as you might think. In pure numbers, there are more, but because blacks are roughly three times more likely to be below the poverty line it skews things quite a bit. Basically for every 10 white folks you arrest, 1 is going to be below poverty. For every 10 black folks, you'd find 3. So targeting blacks would be far more efficient if you were going to steamroll public defenders, and that's before taking into account the effect of wealthier family members helping out defendants.

I don't think you'll necessarily find the most arrests where the most crime is happening. It's possible, but it's certainly not automatic. I believe that you get the most arrests where the law enforcement agencies decide to focus, and that can vary due to many factors.
tuggy450
9/27/2016 8:00pm
report is from jeffery fagan, yep the same columbia law professor who was fighting stop and frisk, take it for what it is worth, the guy has his agenda..
The Rock
9/27/2016 10:18pm
Your opinions have been heard. Nice chatting and hope you have a good day. Ciao
The Rock
9/28/2016 12:10am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 12:15am
tuggy450 wrote:
report is from jeffery fagan, yep the same columbia law professor who was fighting stop and frisk, take it for what it is worth, the guy...
report is from jeffery fagan, yep the same columbia law professor who was fighting stop and frisk, take it for what it is worth, the guy has his agenda..
Yes his agenda appears to fighting against racial bias in law enforcement.

I'm all for arresting people committing crimes. I'm just as opposed to law enforcement entrapping people regardless if it is local yokels being busted for soliciting a prostitute that's actually a policewoman, John DeLorean being set up or the so called terror busts that actually originate with an FBI informant creating the situation then busting the dimwitted fools he entrapped.

Here is the USA TODAY article in question.

To the person who said the police go to where the crime is I hope you will have the time to read the article.

EDIT: I am against sobriety checkpoints and this Minority Report-ish BS stop and frisk stuff. I was born in the land of the free and the brave not a police state where one lives in fear. Pull me over if I am swerving but don't interrupt my flow by stopping me to see if I have been drinking and asking me where I am going.
The Rock
9/28/2016 12:27am
The Rock wrote:
Given you implied nothing like this occurs in the US [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/24/153288/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

SCR wrote:
I didn't imply anything like that. The other day I implied that the war on drugs and the tough sentences started in the late 60s and...
I didn't imply anything like that. The other day I implied that the war on drugs and the tough sentences started in the late 60s and 70s and was pushed by black community leaders, churches, the Congressional Black Caucus, and others because they wanted something done about the drug related violence that was tearing apart their communities.

And that the idea that Nancy and Ron along with a bunch of white lawmakers, judges, police, etc all coordinated some racially inspired plot to destroy minorities was stupid.

And since you brought the subject up again I will ask the same question. If you think it was a racial conspiracy then what would these people stand to benefit ?

As far as that article the most shocking thing to me is that it seems more concerned that a disproportionate number of whites are not targeted. The whole idea of setting anyone up in this way should be a much bigger concern than what color they are.

I have little to no trust in any of our Gov. Agencies and their motives and this kind of thing has bothered me since I read about similar set ups with accused terrorists.
Thank you for the reply.

I gave up trying to understand the "why" about two years ago and my life instantly improved. I choose to look at the "what is" and from our government's involvement in illegals drugs (opium during Vietnam, cocaine with the Contras and now record opium production in Afghanistan) and who it has impacted the most is why I'm the cynic I am.

I do admit big pharm's pain pill bonanza since 2003 has resulted in the heroin epidemic that is an equal opportunity life destroyer crossing all boundaries of race and culture instead of the usual minority focused laws like harsher penalties for crack than powder cocaine.

Guess that's progress in some warped universe the racial bias has been removed from the world of heroin.
The Rock
9/28/2016 12:31am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 12:38am
lestat wrote:

SCR wrote:

Where has anyone made that claim? Come on
tuggy450
9/28/2016 3:31am
rock you have to admit, it sounds like one great big conspiracy theory. That's what most of these stories are inferring. That said, maybe it secretly is being done, to keep people voting a certain way. Sew discontent on sunday, sell a crummy politician on monday.
The Rock
9/28/2016 4:16am
Sometimes bad policies are just bad policies so no, I don't admit it sounds like one big conspiracy.

And again whether it is or isn't doesn't matter to those who are been locked up due to our draconian drug laws. They're in prison in some cases for non violent drug offenses and it makes no sense to keep these people incarcerated IMO.

Post a reply to: How can this be true SCR?

The Latest