Hernandez Trial

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2015 1:29pm
Anyone else following this somewhat loosely?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/expert--aaron-hernandez-had-a-gun-in-his-h…

There is no way that the jury is going to have a reasonable doubt that he did it. . . I say he's going to the frying pan on this one. Then he has to face trial on the investigation of the other two murders.
|
TX24
3/12/2015 5:03pm
I've followed it a little bit. Caught on your own tapes, geez.

If your ever around SA with that mtb, I'll show you around.
IWreckALot
3/12/2015 5:44pm
TX24 wrote:

Needless to say he has made some terrible choices. I guess he thought the football money would keep him out of prison or from getting caught? I never understood how these guys with such big contracts can't get away from the gang life.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on that. Likewise if you're ever in Fort Worth I'll go for a ride. I'm pretty down on endurance right now man. I just went for my first road ride of the season yesterday and I was pretty beat after 10 miles of flat paved trail. Went back out today and could only sit on the seat for 5 miles. Lol. I'm also doing p90x. So my legs are shot pretty good right now. Lol. Hopefully next week I can put a good number of miles in.
nytsmaC
3/13/2015 5:16am
I hope that dumb fuck gets exactly what he deserves. What an asshole. Win the genetic lottery, get a golden ticket to ride the gravy train, but still has to involve himself in shit like this.

Afugginmazing!
71Fish
3/13/2015 5:25am
TX24 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Needless to say he has made some terrible choices. I guess he thought the football money would keep him out of prison or from getting caught...
Needless to say he has made some terrible choices. I guess he thought the football money would keep him out of prison or from getting caught? I never understood how these guys with such big contracts can't get away from the gang life.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on that. Likewise if you're ever in Fort Worth I'll go for a ride. I'm pretty down on endurance right now man. I just went for my first road ride of the season yesterday and I was pretty beat after 10 miles of flat paved trail. Went back out today and could only sit on the seat for 5 miles. Lol. I'm also doing p90x. So my legs are shot pretty good right now. Lol. Hopefully next week I can put a good number of miles in.
Damn, already making excuses.

I'm just giving you crap. I got back on my mtb last year after a couple of years off doing other things. I was never fast to begin with, but now I'm really slow. Road riding did more for my mtb'ing though than mtb ever did for road, if that makes sense.

Hernandez is like Michael Vick, still trying to keep it "real". It reminds me of this heavy metal documentary done a few years ago where Dee Snider from Twisted Sister talks about sitting pool side in his Malibu home, watching his wife and kids play in the pool, and still trying to write angry songs. Just trying to keep it real.

The Shop

IWreckALot
3/13/2015 6:30am
TX24 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Needless to say he has made some terrible choices. I guess he thought the football money would keep him out of prison or from getting caught...

71Fish wrote:
Damn, already making excuses. I'm just giving you crap. I got back on my mtb last year after a couple of years off doing other things...
Damn, already making excuses.

I'm just giving you crap. I got back on my mtb last year after a couple of years off doing other things. I was never fast to begin with, but now I'm really slow. Road riding did more for my mtb'ing though than mtb ever did for road, if that makes sense.

Hernandez is like Michael Vick, still trying to keep it "real". It reminds me of this heavy metal documentary done a few years ago where Dee Snider from Twisted Sister talks about sitting pool side in his Malibu home, watching his wife and kids play in the pool, and still trying to write angry songs. Just trying to keep it real.
I'm pretty disgusted with my endurance and strength right now. Probably should start another thread for this but I've got a LONG way to go for my conditioning right now. I need to drop about 30 lbs. I'm up to 215 at 6'0" and I turn 30 this year. I usually try to get my endurance up on road rides before I hit the trails but I'm a long way off and buddies want to ride trails already. I have an awesome road route that includes a LOT of hills around my house. It's only a 8 mile trek but it's constant hills. A few years ago I'd make that ride about 3 or 4 times a week and that was the best cardio training I had. That's when I noticed the biggest MX improvement I've seen. I got buzzed by a car on that route last year and got a little cold feet for riding on the road very often anymore.
TX24
3/13/2015 7:11am
The police must have given a big wtf when they realized a suspect lived so close to where the body was dumped.
Then they find an empty shell casing in his rental car.

About 8 of us of various ages from our dirt bike club resumed or started mtb riding about 18 months ago. We got to ride quite a bit this winter because of our firm ground (rocky areas) and mild winters.
IWreckALot
3/13/2015 8:02am
TX24 wrote:
The police must have given a big wtf when they realized a suspect lived so close to where the body was dumped. Then they find an...
The police must have given a big wtf when they realized a suspect lived so close to where the body was dumped.
Then they find an empty shell casing in his rental car.

About 8 of us of various ages from our dirt bike club resumed or started mtb riding about 18 months ago. We got to ride quite a bit this winter because of our firm ground (rocky areas) and mild winters.
Yeah there are some really bad thought out details in this murder case. Is the question over if Hernandez was involved or not or is it whether he actually pulled the trigger? Not that it matters, but the evidence absolutely points to him being involved. But does the prosecution actually have to tie him to being the trigger man or just prove that he was heavily involved in the murder?
motosmith
3/13/2015 11:09am
I cant believe he's going down because of his own surveillance video. What an idiot.
APLMAN99
3/14/2015 6:15am
I haven't really followed this one because the early evidence seemed so strong that I assume a conviction is almost automatic. The only way he gets off from this is some sort of weird, OJ-like turn of events. This one sure seems like a slam dunk and it sounds like he's pretty tied to those other murders as well.
IWreckALot
3/16/2015 1:35pm
It seems like his girlfriend might be the prosecution's "ace in the hole".

She's in a tough spot. Surely she has spoken with the prosecution and expressed fear for her life if she were to testify against Hernandez. Doesn't mean she shouldn't do it, but she would need some sort of protection for her and her kid if she did testify.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/will-aaron-hernandez-s-fianc%C3%A9e-testi…
TX24
3/17/2015 11:17am
I read today Hernandez's girlfriend and the victims girlfriend are sisters.
IWreckALot
3/17/2015 12:23pm
TX24 wrote:
I believe there is quite a bit of animosity between the two now if I remember correctly.

I don't know why I get oddly fascinated with these trials. It'll show how rigged the system is if Hernandez gets out of this one though.
hvaughn88
3/17/2015 1:48pm
TX24 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I believe there is quite a bit of animosity between the two now if I remember correctly. I don't know why I get oddly fascinated with...
I believe there is quite a bit of animosity between the two now if I remember correctly.

I don't know why I get oddly fascinated with these trials. It'll show how rigged the system is if Hernandez gets out of this one though.
I kinda get that way, as well. It always intrigues me how much the little details can influence the trial. Definitely shows that having the money to spend on a good lawyer is worth it.
IWreckALot
3/18/2015 5:55am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I kinda get that way, as well. It always intrigues me how much the little details can influence the trial. Definitely shows that having the money...
I kinda get that way, as well. It always intrigues me how much the little details can influence the trial. Definitely shows that having the money to spend on a good lawyer is worth it.
I'm watching that Tsarnaev trial too. I find it bizarre that his only defense is that his brother molded him into what he is. As if that's a reason of deserving a lesser punishment for mutilating peoples limbs and killing a few. I didn't know that if I robbed a bank and said my brother encouraged me to do it, that I'd have a lesser sentence. I guess that defense attorney probably didn't know what else to argue. There are a few people in the world deserving of harsher penalties than the death penalty and this is one of them.
71Fish
3/18/2015 6:03am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm watching that Tsarnaev trial too. I find it bizarre that his only defense is that his brother molded him into what he is. As if...
I'm watching that Tsarnaev trial too. I find it bizarre that his only defense is that his brother molded him into what he is. As if that's a reason of deserving a lesser punishment for mutilating peoples limbs and killing a few. I didn't know that if I robbed a bank and said my brother encouraged me to do it, that I'd have a lesser sentence. I guess that defense attorney probably didn't know what else to argue. There are a few people in the world deserving of harsher penalties than the death penalty and this is one of them.
I totally agree, but what other card does he have to play to try and get sympathy from the jury? I guess if I was in his sandals I would try the same defense. What does he have to lose really?

In the end, I would like to see him treated badly, shackled, isolated, and cold until he either dies or is put to death. Make sure he can't commit suicide, that's too easy of a way out.
hvaughn88
3/18/2015 6:12am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I kinda get that way, as well. It always intrigues me how much the little details can influence the trial. Definitely shows that having the money...
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm watching that Tsarnaev trial too. I find it bizarre that his only defense is that his brother molded him into what he is. As if...
Yessir! Agreed!
TX24
3/18/2015 9:24am
In the Hernandez trial one of the gun forensic guys was not informed there was a piece of gum stuck to the shell casing found in the rental car, until he was testifying. That's a screw up.
hvaughn88
3/18/2015 9:31am
TX24 wrote:
In the Hernandez trial one of the gun forensic guys was not informed there was a piece of gum stuck to the shell casing found in...
In the Hernandez trial one of the gun forensic guys was not informed there was a piece of gum stuck to the shell casing found in the rental car, until he was testifying. That's a screw up.
Who asked him or informed him about the gum during the trial? (not a rhetorical or snarky question, just an honest question - gotta make that clear when asking questions on a message board, haha)
TX24
3/18/2015 10:17am
I believe the defense attorney.
hvaughn88
3/18/2015 10:20am
TX24 wrote:
I believe the defense attorney.
hmm. I'm no lawyer (haven't even played one on TV), but that just seems like another opportunity for jurors to be reminded that it was Hernandez's gum. I don't know all the details, though, so I could be way off.
A. DLeary
3/18/2015 2:12pm
If they don't have the murder weapon it can be hard to convict because most of the other evidence can be argued to be circumstantial.
PalerBlue
4/9/2015 12:43pm
IWreckALot wrote:
If they find Hernandez guilty and he's put in prison for life without parole, will they even bother trying him with the other two murders?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-aaron-hernandez-will-go-back-to-jail-e…
71Fish wrote:
I'm sure by law they have too.
It's the duty of every lawyer and judge (in fact the whole legal system) to milk every penny possible from the public purse. And f*ck me thats a WHOLE LOT OF PENNIES. However since they are not poor they must be doing the right thing and nobody has a problem with it..........
71Fish
4/9/2015 1:17pm
IWreckALot wrote:
If they find Hernandez guilty and he's put in prison for life without parole, will they even bother trying him with the other two murders?

71Fish wrote:
PalerBlue wrote:
It's the duty of every lawyer and judge (in fact the whole legal system) to milk every penny possible from the public purse. And f*ck me...
It's the duty of every lawyer and judge (in fact the whole legal system) to milk every penny possible from the public purse. And f*ck me thats a WHOLE LOT OF PENNIES. However since they are not poor they must be doing the right thing and nobody has a problem with it..........
That, and there's also that damn 6th amendment mucking up the waters.
4/9/2015 7:08pm
IWreckALot wrote:

71Fish wrote:
Don't have to. Prosecutorial discretion allows the state to chose to pursue or neglect any charges.

This is the legal principle that allows the Obama administration to forgoe prosecuting marijuana related crimes in states where use, possession, and distribution is legal.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/15/2015 7:26am
He was found guilty on all charges.
motosmith
4/15/2015 7:51am
He's got a lot of confidence.

He didn't even flinch when they read the verdict.

Post a reply to: Hernandez Trial

The Latest