Hack TV car shows ...

h&m_cycle
10/4/2015 7:32am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2015 7:33am
This Jets are playing the Dolphins Live right now in England... Those guys get to see real football for a change...

Put your purse down and watch it like a real man...Silly
newmann
10/4/2015 9:46am
Even the Boyd Coddington show used to flip me for a loop. These guys were building quarter million dollar cars skin coating and gapping entire panels with body filler. Foose's show was just throwing as many people and parts at a project in short order with quick repairs to the areas that should require the most attention to detail.
Hut
10/4/2015 7:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
Ever watch "Full Custom Garage" on MavTV? Ian Roussel is a badass! Does it the oldschool way, no fancy machines, everything is all by hand. Fridays...
Ever watch "Full Custom Garage" on MavTV? Ian Roussel is a badass! Does it the oldschool way, no fancy machines, everything is all by hand. Fridays on Mav.

http://www.mavtv.com/shows/full-custom-garage.html
Plus he has a cool pooch hanging around his shop all the time. Cool

The Shop

APLMAN99
10/5/2015 11:34am
The only 2 "car shows" that I ever recorded to watch at a later time were Gearz and Car Fix. While they may not have been technically deep, they did give me some ideas and general direction that I've used on projects of my own later on. I know that they were basically just 30 minute infomercials for whoever sponsored that particular episode or vehicle but a lot of the basic info was a pretty good starting point for the neophyte like myself.

And no forced "deadline" drama each week either!
Rooster
10/6/2015 8:38am
You know what shows I miss?

Those junkyard wars shows where they had to build something out of crap they found in the junkyard and then race it or fight it or fly it or whatever the task was.

You saw some decent backyard engineering and some epic fails, but it wasn't just an hour long circle jerk of advertorial product placement and manufactured drama.
10/6/2015 11:02am
The only car show I watch anymore is Roadkill. David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan are funny as hell
10/7/2015 9:42am
mention of those tree house shows. My kids like them, but they are also hard to watch for me. Pretty cool business the guy has, but the show is painful.
The original American Choppers, and I mean the original first handful of episodes where great. Once it became popular, the entire format and chemistry killed it for me.
SEE ARE125
10/7/2015 10:01am
"When your car came in the engine was knockin' like a Dominos delivery driver. So to keep it real, we added 4 15" subs so now your whole ride is knockin'! We also put TVs inside TVs, so now you can watch TV while you play Xbox at the same time! You definitely won't get bored while waiting the tow truck now."
- Pimp My Ride
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
10/7/2015 12:38pm
Give 'All Girls Garage' a shot.

And then throw your TV off a cliff...
uk125250
10/7/2015 12:43pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
"When your car came in the engine was knockin' like a Dominos delivery driver. So to keep it real, we added 4 15" subs so now...
"When your car came in the engine was knockin' like a Dominos delivery driver. So to keep it real, we added 4 15" subs so now your whole ride is knockin'! We also put TVs inside TVs, so now you can watch TV while you play Xbox at the same time! You definitely won't get bored while waiting the tow truck now."
- Pimp My Ride
GrinningSillyGrinningSilly
newmann
10/7/2015 1:39pm
We had a Pro Street style 69 Camaro come through the shop for some minor repairs that Coddington had done. Came loose in a trailer and rolled into a tool box putting a dent in the front fender. Gorgeous solid red single stage paint, no clear coat whatsoever. What was notable and I had heard this about Boyd was that under the red was a bright yellow that was laid down as the first coat to brighten up the red top coat. Little things. All of the aluminum panels on the interior were finished in a matte black and the fit and finish of them all was impeccable. Definitely not a rushed together TV car of any sort. The whole execution of the project was well thought out in every detail, just clean, clean, clean.

Got to meet Foose at a grand opening at a paint warehouse we buy from. Wife gave him shit about building cars in a week on TV, he laughed and said that show had brought tons of stress upon him. Super cool person and you could just see the gears turning in his head. Amazing abilities with putting a pen to paper. He was only doing one autograph per person so the wife got one for our youngest son. I soon found out why one per person....he goes all out. You see him thinking and then his hand just goes batshit crazy drawing. Mind boggling.Laughing

When I got to work the following morning, he had sent something else back for me. Very cool.

newmann
10/7/2015 1:40pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
"When your car came in the engine was knockin' like a Dominos delivery driver. So to keep it real, we added 4 15" subs so now...
- Pimp My Ride
What a shit show that was. Here's a fish tank in your console for those 120 degree California days.
philG
10/7/2015 4:51pm
The only car show I watch anymore is Roadkill. David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan are funny as hell
It's proper guys and no stupid director deciding what he thinks people want to see.
Sully
10/7/2015 6:27pm
Fast & Loud bugs me when they build a car in 2 weeks, then act surprised when it doesn't auction for 6 figures.

Discovery Japan aired a show around Kindigit Designs out of Salt Lake City that I thought was pretty cool. They made no bones about the fact that their high end builds took a year or more to finish, and they appeared to be worth every penny of their 6 figure price tags.

Post a reply to: Hack TV car shows ...

The Latest