HB to Santa Monica---I must be crazy....

Anonymous (not verified)
I have a very compelling business opportunity in Santa Monica. I'm struggling with the idea of moving, as life in Huntington Beach is pretty good.

My question, Vital Brothers, is: are there any cool places/neighborhoods around Santa Monica where a "vintage" guy can feel at home drinking beer from a can, riding old big-twin baggers, and driving lifted trucks? Oh yeah, I cuss a bit and believe in the 2nd Amendment, too, so am I fucked here....?

I'll hang up and listen. Cool
|
newmann
9/10/2016 9:57am
Hang a right on 10 at the Pier and don't stop until you get to Texas.Laughing

Santa Monica...get a place on the beach with a mother in law shack. I'll be right over. I envy you fuggers weather out there.
Mini Elsinore
9/10/2016 1:03pm
newmann wrote:
Hang a right on 10 at the Pier and don't stop until you get to Texas.:laugh: Santa Monica...get a place on the beach with a mother...
Hang a right on 10 at the Pier and don't stop until you get to Texas.Laughing

Santa Monica...get a place on the beach with a mother in law shack. I'll be right over. I envy you fuggers weather out there.
Laughing When do I start, boss!
I'm driving around Babylon now and ho-lee-chit.
This dealio is looking less compelling by the minute.... Wink
anniebertmojo
9/10/2016 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2016 3:23pm
Try El Segundo or the Hollyglen - Hawthorne area. (West of the 405, between Rosecrans, Aviation and El Segundo Blvd). So your looking to move up to the Soviet Monica? Good luck with the skinny jeans, hipster mentality. If you want bench race. about moto, I'm in Torrance

The Shop

anniebertmojo
9/10/2016 5:20pm
Born and raised in Play del Ray (the only kid that grew up at the beach that hated surfing lol)... I remember going to watch the Dogtown guys skate. After seeing what they were doing, I knew right then and there, I needed to stick with burning mass amounts of fossil fuel and play with spoked wheels. But that said, today most of the people in Santa Monica/Venice are have no idea that the birth of modern skateboarding began. If they knew, they would poop purple elephants. Santa Monica/Venice growing up was a dump per say... it wasn't the posh neighborhood, 3rd Street Promenade shopping area like it is now.

https://youtu.be/zh1eOBVFzW4
Mini Elsinore
9/10/2016 6:01pm
Soviet Monica...man, no shit...and the hipsters were out in force.

Sherman Oaks appears to have gotten the old lady's eye today... Any insight into the local attitude?
anniebertmojo
9/10/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2016 7:34pm
Soviet Monica...man, no shit...and the hipsters were out in force. Sherman Oaks appears to have gotten the old lady's eye today... Any insight into the local...

Sherman Oaks appears to have gotten the old lady's eye today... Any insight into the local attitude?
Sherman Oaks... hot and smoggy. The drive up and over the Sepulveda pass is brutal, and brutal is a kind word. Sherman Oaks is a lot of unemployed actors, writers that work part time bartending jobs until the next deal comes along trying to make it in Hollywood. Very little moto also. Stay south... Westchester, Playa del Ray, El Segundo, Holy Glen... if I were you. More family settings, attitude

Stay away from the Playa Vista area also, toxic waste dump. Howard Hughes used to have his plant there on that property. Let's just say they developed stuff there that glowed during the cold war era and each property has methane readers in every room. I'll leave it at that.

Culver City, West LA is a parking lot of cars 24/7. Depending on your times, explore commuting. If you get through the LAX area by 0615-ish and your headed south to HB by 1430 hours it's not too bad. Get off the 405 around Lakewood/Bellflower exits and get to PCH and go through Belmont Shores, Seal Beach, Sunset to HB. Get a motorcycle and use the car pool lane. HB is night and day different from LA County
lestat
9/10/2016 6:29pm
oshow wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/10/151120/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

ya I can see where you are coming from .... that looks like a really shitty place to move to .... Dry
anniebertmojo
9/10/2016 6:37pm
oshow wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/10/151120/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

lestat wrote:
ya I can see where you are coming from .... that looks like a really shitty place to move to .... Dry
Those cottages off PCH by the cliffs in Santa Monica go for $8m on up... traffic and homeless included in the sale too lol.
borg
9/11/2016 8:32am
Depending on where you live in HB, it could be a major culture shock. I hope you like people and crowds. Most of HB is not crowded, most of SM is. Are you renting or buying?
Mini Elsinore
9/11/2016 9:24am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 9:25am
ABMojo and Borg have pretty much summed up my reaction. No hate towards the SM/SFV, but I cannot see it at my age/life-stage (stiff and grumpy). I did the m/c commute off/on for 5 years (HB>LA>HCool and retired from that...

ABmojo, your suggested route was my commute to the 110 for years. Hitting merge lanes all the way... Wink

Borg, I'm Lake/Adams area and pretty much a bum with a rather relaxed reaction level (my give-a-shit meter is low). Yet, I was road-raging like a muthafucker yesterday---the old lady was 'concerned.' HuhLaughing
hillbilly
9/11/2016 11:59am
Those folks are moving to Nashville and fucking it up just like the place they left, can't fix stupid.
borg
9/11/2016 1:00pm
ABMojo and Borg have pretty much summed up my reaction. No hate towards the SM/SFV, but I cannot see it at my age/life-stage (stiff and grumpy)...
ABMojo and Borg have pretty much summed up my reaction. No hate towards the SM/SFV, but I cannot see it at my age/life-stage (stiff and grumpy). I did the m/c commute off/on for 5 years (HB>LA>HCool and retired from that...

ABmojo, your suggested route was my commute to the 110 for years. Hitting merge lanes all the way... Wink

Borg, I'm Lake/Adams area and pretty much a bum with a rather relaxed reaction level (my give-a-shit meter is low). Yet, I was road-raging like a muthafucker yesterday---the old lady was 'concerned.' HuhLaughing
Isn't there a neighborhood bar near there called Blackwatch?
I cant believe you could do the 405 commute during regular hours. You must have some serious patience. Gun in the mouth time for me.
P-Nut
9/12/2016 9:33am
My Mother in Law lives right off of Lincoln Ave and Ocean Blvd....Should be a 10 minute drive from LAX. Visiting from Colorado, yeah, the weather is decent, but the traffic SUCKS. Don't be in a hurry going anywhere cause it just seems like it's a stand still now matter which direction you look.

And the 405? How can you have 6 lanes of traffic in each direction and it always seems to be at a standstill?

No thanks....
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/12/2016 9:48am
oshow wrote:

lestat wrote:
It's awesome to visit and go walk/ride around that area but from this view you can't see all the hipsters and homeless wanderers Laughing
hillbilly
9/12/2016 10:27am
Looks nice,eveybody stay there now,Tennessee sucks.
9/12/2016 10:31am
Let's kill this rumor now. I, Harry Backmon, have no plans to move to Santa Monica.
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
9/12/2016 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 3:03pm
You would have to sell a hell of a lot of breakfast burritos to pay for that place.... $12.5 million holy shits!
captmoto
9/12/2016 4:41pm
Soviet Monica...man, no shit...and the hipsters were out in force. Sherman Oaks appears to have gotten the old lady's eye today... Any insight into the local...

There's this for you. If you are going to moto during the week, add at least 2 hours to your commute.
anniebertmojo
9/12/2016 4:58pm

captmoto wrote:
There's this for you. If you are going to moto during the week, add at least 2 hours to your commute.
I live in Torrance and it's a 1:20 minutes to Glen Helen w/no traffic in the early AM hours (REM). I left the GP Saturday around 12 and it was 2 hours and change to get home.
JRT812
9/12/2016 5:03pm
hillbilly wrote:
Those folks are moving to Nashville and fucking it up just like the place they left, can't fix stupid.
No shit and it's about to be like Atlanta. Everyone is selling off their land around Nashville.
Mini Elsinore
9/12/2016 5:53pm
ABMojo and Borg have pretty much summed up my reaction. No hate towards the SM/SFV, but I cannot see it at my age/life-stage (stiff and grumpy)...

borg wrote:
Isn't there a neighborhood bar near there called Blackwatch? I cant believe you could do the 405 commute during regular hours. You must have some serious...
Isn't there a neighborhood bar near there called Blackwatch?
I cant believe you could do the 405 commute during regular hours. You must have some serious patience. Gun in the mouth time for me.
I'm just down the street and gated. They changed the name of Blackwatch, recently. That commute shaved a few years off....

Going in for a due diligence deep dive later this week. I was up at 2:30 a.m. with thoughts of "wtf are you thinking?" Still, if the deal is legit (early stage w/ rev's) it might be worth a hard 2-5 year run and call it a day when it sells off. My other option is to live in a renovated airstream trailer in the Newmann Family backyard in Texas! But, that involves mowing and pool cleaning duties....and the cleaning of air-filters.

And, then my last option is to calm down and do nothing...or do something stupid like buying a Sprinter van. I'm beginning to feel like brother jeffro503 rambling on here....and I like it. Huh
Laughing
hillbilly
9/12/2016 6:42pm
hillbilly wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
No shit and it's about to be like Atlanta. Everyone is selling off their land around Nashville.
Between them and the musslum brotherhood taking over Murfreesboro that area is fixing to look like dearborn with the city being force to put up prayer horns like up north.

And,

Morristown is gone to,the Mexicans have moved in to the east side to the point they are majority and have several commissioners.

Sorry to hijack the thread here.

But,I'd definitely rent so I could pick up and leave

Post a reply to: HB to Santa Monica---I must be crazy....

The Latest