Gun rights? Absolutely! Gun responsibilities? Umm.......

APLMAN99
1/2/2016 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 6:51pm
Shit like this really pisses me off because of the damage it does in people's perceptions. How can this be ruled an accident? There's not much chance of "accidentally" pulling a trigger 27 times. It's not an accident, it's irresponsibility, and should carry very heavy consequences.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/las-vegas-cop-couple-wakes-up-and-accid…

North Las Vegas police said that no charges are expected to be filed against an off-duty officer and her husband, who is in the police academy, after they shot a female family member.

KTNV reported that the Las Vegas police officer and her husband were asleep on Christmas night when the family member came home unexpectedly at 11:30 pm.

The couple “accidentally” fired 27 rounds at the woman, according to KNTV. The relative reportedly suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital. At least one bullet was said to have hit her leg.

A law enforcement official told KNTV that the victim was the mother of one of the shooters. She had access to the home because she lives with the couple.

It was not clear if an investigation was ongoing, but North Las Vegas police said that no charges would be filed because the shooting had been accidental.
|
Twist1
1/2/2016 3:49pm
27 rounds, 2 cops doing the shooting at an unarmed target....and they wing her in the knee??
ppffffttt
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/2/2016 3:56pm
Certainly a pretty fouled up threat assessment by the shooters,especially for Police officers.
Probably still half a sleep I'd assume?
Maybe under the influence of some holiday alcoholic beverages?

APLMAN99
1/2/2016 7:07pm
Bottom line is that if you discharge your weapon at someone, either the shooter or the intended target should be seeing some charges for something. If the intended target isn't charged with a crime, the shooter should be.
1/2/2016 7:54pm
And one of the shooters is professionally trained in risk assessment and presumably target shooting......impressive!

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/2/2016 8:37pm
I would send myself to jail if I shot that many rounds with only one hit outside of the kill zone. Good thing for the mother in law that they were rotten shots. reminds me of this.
1/2/2016 8:58pm
And one of the shooters is professionally trained in risk assessment and presumably target shooting......impressive!
I know a few cops who can't shoot for shit....
markit
1/3/2016 5:55am
There likely being advanced to SWAT at this moment.
KMC440
1/3/2016 2:34pm
If someone's in my house and I'm shooting at them I'm not stopping till that person is either lifeless or I'm out of bullets.
Rooster
1/4/2016 10:08am
KMC440 wrote:
If someone's in my house and I'm shooting at them I'm not stopping till that person is either lifeless or I'm out of bullets.
I hope you don't have teenage kids that might sneak out one night for a little mischief.

That might be a little tough to explain to the wife.
peelout
1/4/2016 1:01pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I would send myself to jail if I shot that many rounds with only one hit outside of the kill zone. Good thing for the mother...
I would send myself to jail if I shot that many rounds with only one hit outside of the kill zone. Good thing for the mother in law that they were rotten shots. reminds me of this.
HAH!

that's exactly what i was thinking of when i read the original post.

well done
newmann
1/5/2016 1:37pm
newmann wrote:
Needs more training...

https://youtu.be/nf0pKFyjfgw
Shit, now that looks fun!
Fun? Have you ever seen the golfer get so mad he throws his clubs? That would be me with my guns trying to shoot that.Laughing

I would love to be able to shoot like that.
CR250Rider
1/5/2016 2:16pm
I wonder how a fingerprint trigger would work for speed shooting like our Supreme Leader wants
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/5/2016 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 9:17pm
CR250Rider wrote:
I wonder how a fingerprint trigger would work for speed shooting like our Supreme Leader wants
Probably not well....especially if you wear gloves like I do. Smile

FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/7/2016 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 4:14pm
CNN is doing a live broadcast with Obama on guns that is supposed to start live on CNN in a little over an hour 5PM Western - 8PM Eastern.
CNN live stream link: http://www.janjua.tv/cnn5623

It should be very interesting so see what they say.
He made mention in his speech the other day of fixing the current NICS system we have.
That's certainly something that has needed repair since they first implemented it,even the NRA agrees.
I'm curious to see if they do anything to speed up the NFA process also.
That's another messed up snail of a process & system.
1/12/2016 4:00am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 4:09am
Even by the standards here this is a weird one (hopefully OK to post here). The guy seems to be saying that he can't use the cheek rest (sry, arm brace) as a shoulder rest/stock (at least on camera), otherwise it's illegal? Huh

hillbilly
1/12/2016 5:46am
When i was in jail in Atlanta this female cop brings the food cart with a gun in holster.

She says to take one but I dont know if she is talking to me or the guy on either side of me,her eyes were bugged out and pointing different directions,like a frog.

I remember thinking how the hell does she hit a target at the range to get certified.

Good times.
mxb2
1/12/2016 11:03am
hillbilly wrote:
When i was in jail in Atlanta this female cop brings the food cart with a gun in holster. She says to take one but I...
When i was in jail in Atlanta this female cop brings the food cart with a gun in holster.

She says to take one but I dont know if she is talking to me or the guy on either side of me,her eyes were bugged out and pointing different directions,like a frog.

I remember thinking how the hell does she hit a target at the range to get certified.

Good times.
Jails do not allow officers to wear their weapons in cell areas.
1/12/2016 1:00pm
USA Today polled Americans under 35 and 82% support universal background checks for gun purchases. That's a pretty overwhelming margin. Maybe they should throw in an IQ test too.
1/12/2016 2:00pm
USA Today polled Americans under 35 and 82% support universal background checks for gun purchases. That's a pretty overwhelming margin. Maybe they should throw in an...
USA Today polled Americans under 35 and 82% support universal background checks for gun purchases. That's a pretty overwhelming margin. Maybe they should throw in an IQ test too.
You don't find that sensible? Having background checks that is.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/12/2016 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 4:09pm
Even by the standards here this is a weird one (hopefully OK to post here). The guy seems to be saying that he can't use the...
Even by the standards here this is a weird one (hopefully OK to post here). The guy seems to be saying that he can't use the cheek rest (sry, arm brace) as a shoulder rest/stock (at least on camera), otherwise it's illegal? Huh

The BATF classifies that as a pistol & not a SBR,because technically it isn't a stock on the buffer tube.
It's all in how the BATF defines a stock and also intent when building it.
I use something similar on my AR-Pistol that is a .223.
It's basically a buffer tube cover with a cheek rest,not a stock.
https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/12/119596/s1200_6.jpg

Here's a BATF letter in regards to the buffer tube cover.
https://princelaw.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/atf_response_letter_for_a…
1/12/2016 5:22pm
USA Today polled Americans under 35 and 82% support universal background checks for gun purchases. That's a pretty overwhelming margin. Maybe they should throw in an...
Yes, I do. Around here that makes me a raging liberal that drives a Prius and loves latte enemas.
1/12/2016 6:22pm
Cheers Eddy, that's interesting. I follow that channel fairly regularly and they seems to have access to some pretty crazy stuff, so it surprised me with just how careful he seemed to be on this occasion to point out more than once that he wasn't shouldering the gun. I'm gradually piecing together bits and pieces of firearm laws from the U.S (and around the world), it's amazing how much it varies. Btw that's a sweet looking AR-Pistol you have there.
MR. X
1/12/2016 6:25pm
Just laying the ground work for confiscation ,but you can call it a background check if you want.
watson
1/12/2016 6:40pm
MR. X wrote:
Just laying the ground work for confiscation ,but you can call it a background check if you want.
That's purely hypothetical, with no factual backing in the real world in respect to first world countries, and is just dribble propagated by gun lobbies.
MR. X
1/12/2016 6:49pm
MR. X wrote:
watson wrote:
That's purely hypothetical, with no factual backing in the real world in respect to first world countries, and is just dribble propagated by gun lobbies.
Of course im wrong and you are correct because our views are diffrent.

Post a reply to: Gun rights? Absolutely! Gun responsibilities? Umm.......

The Latest