Gig song list?

markit
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 11:21am
This is one of our old song list from around the late 80s or 90s. Just wanting to know how ya'll think it would fly now days.
Going to get back too playing due mainly to a bum hip. I have a 2nd set list but to keep it simple i'm just asking how do you like the list and the song order?
|
markit
1/9/2015 6:30am
Well the sights not loading on my phone... Cant load list yet
jndmx
1/9/2015 11:16am
OK first question.....are you playing everything up a half step?
Sweet Home in D#?

Every Rose is in G major all damn day.....do you hate your singer.....lol.

Laughing
TailSoHard
1/9/2015 11:24am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 11:25am
I don't think he is, because #Em would just be Fm so he must be using the "#" symbol for something else?

But then again, the studio version of Sweet Home Alabama is in G, so who knows what's going on... lol

The Shop

TailSoHard
1/9/2015 11:29am
Regardless, it looks like a good set to me! I'd change the order based on where you're playing and maybe place Every Rose towards the end of the set, but either way it sounds like a fun night!
markit
1/9/2015 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 12:23pm
Ha ha, There all major (ADD) I am a dirt biker you know and its a old list and I play by ear (give me a break)Smile ........ I'll put up the 2nd set as im needing a wide range of real world opinion's.

PS: I sing all these song's, Or try too.LOL
markit
1/9/2015 12:27pm
TailSoHard wrote:
Regardless, it looks like a good set to me! I'd change the order based on where you're playing and maybe place Every Rose towards the end...
Regardless, it looks like a good set to me! I'd change the order based on where you're playing and maybe place Every Rose towards the end of the set, but either way it sounds like a fun night!
That's what i'm looking for, If you dont mind rearanging the order for me? that's really what im looking for. I can look at it and go over and over it and it just doesn't ever look right to me.
markit
1/9/2015 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 12:33pm

dont give me any shit about the (onhte) damn you guy's are hard nosed.LOL

markit
1/9/2015 12:40pm
jndmx wrote:
OK first question.....are you playing everything up a half step? Sweet Home in D#? Every Rose is in G major all damn day.....do you hate your...
Sweet Home in D#?

Laughing
Actually i play most stuff a 1/2 step down or drop D as i'm really a 80/90 heavy metal player, But that doesn't put any money in your pockets here unless i go back on the road and i dont see that.
jndmx
1/9/2015 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 2:26pm
jndmx wrote:
OK first question.....are you playing everything up a half step? Sweet Home in D#? Every Rose is in G major all damn day.....do you hate your...
Sweet Home in D#?

Laughing
markit wrote:
Actually i play most stuff a 1/2 step down or drop D as i'm really a 80/90 heavy metal player, But that doesn't put any money...
Actually i play most stuff a 1/2 step down or drop D as i'm really a 80/90 heavy metal player, But that doesn't put any money in your pockets here unless i go back on the road and i dont see that.
I hear that man!
Yeah I sang and played in bands full time for about 12-13 years and tuning down a half step is a lifesaver.

Around here it is the usual cover bands but some great R&B and Blues stuff which I like a lot too.
I'm back at it part time but definitely more blues based.

That list looks like a good bar/club gig second set to me too.
markit
1/9/2015 3:21pm
jndmx wrote:
Sweet Home in D#?

Laughing
markit wrote:
Actually i play most stuff a 1/2 step down or drop D as i'm really a 80/90 heavy metal player, But that doesn't put any money...
jndmx wrote:
I hear that man! Yeah I sang and played in bands full time for about 12-13 years and tuning down a half step is a lifesaver...
I hear that man!
Yeah I sang and played in bands full time for about 12-13 years and tuning down a half step is a lifesaver.

Around here it is the usual cover bands but some great R&B and Blues stuff which I like a lot too.
I'm back at it part time but definitely more blues based.

That list looks like a good bar/club gig second set to me too.
That''s what we where doing 20+ years ago, Ha ha i;ve been out for a while. I'm a blues player and learned from, Son house, Muddy Waters, Buddy guy. I like hearing my list isn't too far off, not that that's what im looking for but it helps. So can I ask should I add some more H/M in, VH,Ratt,Skid row??? Thow in some sug's??
1/10/2015 8:15am
There is a little dive bar by me that has bands that play that same type of music. I love going there. I'm half as old as most of the people in the bar but the music is amazing. I could see that set list being played there, you just have to find the right bar.
markit
1/10/2015 11:21am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 11:22am
There is a little dive bar by me that has bands that play that same type of music. I love going there. I'm half as old...
There is a little dive bar by me that has bands that play that same type of music. I love going there. I'm half as old as most of the people in the bar but the music is amazing. I could see that set list being played there, you just have to find the right bar.
Thanks to all, kind of clears my mind. Not going to be doing much Bar stuff, no money in the bars, mostly party's and event's
Pluse you cant race much if you Gigging every weekend.LOL

Post a reply to: Gig song list?

The Latest