Franchises or business you wish would open near you

HazemG
Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 3:36pm
Can be retail, food service, or otherwise!

For me, I would say CostCo! (although technically not a franchise)
|
hvaughn88
9/10/2014 4:11am
A large motorcycle shop that keeps current motocross gear.
hvaughn88
9/10/2014 4:13am
And an in-n-out burger. I'm not much of a burger guy, but I've never had one so I'd like to try one
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
9/10/2014 5:18am
hvaughn88 wrote:
And an in-n-out burger. I'm not much of a burger guy, but I've never had one so I'd like to try one
amen to that, they are good

The Shop

huck
9/10/2014 5:27am
hvaughn88 wrote:
They are 'average' at best....nothing special and I don't see what the big deal is....
TX24
9/10/2014 5:37am
In and Out has moved into San Antonio.
Dutchman
9/10/2014 6:00am
I wish Culver's would open a restaurant in Europe, more specifically in the Netherlands.
HazemG
9/10/2014 6:26am
Culver's is good!

If in-n-out would franchise, I would have opened one up yesterday. For those of you with no in-n-out nearby, I'll advise you that Sonic burger's are probably the most similar burger. The way they toast their buns is very similar. Also, 5 guys (while completely different) still rivals in-n-out for a great burger.
vet323
9/10/2014 6:53am
HazemG wrote:
Culver's is good! If in-n-out would franchise, I would have opened one up yesterday. For those of you with no in-n-out nearby, I'll advise you that...
Culver's is good!

If in-n-out would franchise, I would have opened one up yesterday. For those of you with no in-n-out nearby, I'll advise you that Sonic burger's are probably the most similar burger. The way they toast their buns is very similar. Also, 5 guys (while completely different) still rivals in-n-out for a great burger.
Just had a 5 Guys open close by-pretty happy about that.
HazemG
9/10/2014 7:12am
I think that it stems from the more 'exclusive' status of the franchise more than the food itself.. it's almost like you didn't visit or live in socal unles you go to in-n-out. Marketing can go far! Although I'll admit I do like their food and I think it's a huge success (which is why I would love to open one) but I agree it's nothing out of this world.

And vet, you're making me hungry. Little cheeseburger all the way with A1 sauce for me please.
vet323
9/10/2014 7:20am
HazemG wrote:
I think that it stems from the more 'exclusive' status of the franchise more than the food itself.. it's almost like you didn't visit or live...
I think that it stems from the more 'exclusive' status of the franchise more than the food itself.. it's almost like you didn't visit or live in socal unles you go to in-n-out. Marketing can go far! Although I'll admit I do like their food and I think it's a huge success (which is why I would love to open one) but I agree it's nothing out of this world.

And vet, you're making me hungry. Little cheeseburger all the way with A1 sauce for me please.
Little cheeseburger all the way with A1 sauce

ooohhhh yeah!
Cygnus
9/10/2014 7:23am
I want to open a convienience/liquor store here in hanover. It's 20+ miles to the nearest one for most people out here.
kawboy388
9/10/2014 7:24am
hvaughn88 wrote:
huck wrote:
They are 'average' at best....nothing special and I don't see what the big deal is....
I feel the same way about "Whataburger",and how people from out of Texas,rave about them. I eat there often, but
that's because they are always open,and I keep strange hours. If the "Braum's" across the street from them was open
24 hours,I'd never eat another one.
IWreckALot
9/10/2014 7:25am
I'm with Huck on the In-n-Out. I'm not real crazy about their burgers. They're good quality ingredients but they're still just a burger. I like having a little more variety to pick from with burgers. Avocado, jalapenos, different cheeses.

As for a business that I wish would open near me, I'd like to have a bicycle shop open near me. I'm with Hvaughn with a motorcycle store with decent products.

I'm going to vent about Cycle Gear for a minute. A few years ago you could go into a Cycle Gear and they carried Fox, THOR, and a couple of other decent brands. They have absolutely gone the other direction. They own the BILT brand and their store is littered with that shit. Sure it costs less than $75 for pants and a jersey but they last maybe 2 races. They're just cheap shit. I'm all for offering a variety of products but their whole store is covered in that crap. What's worse, they still carry some of the Fox stuff but there is such a small selection of their stuff that they might as well not carry any. And it's extremely overpriced. And their oils and tires are overpriced. And they don't carry a good selection of grips, chains sprockets etc. . . Why can't RockyMountain create a retail store. That would be awesome even though it's not their business model.
HazemG
9/10/2014 8:43am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm with Huck on the In-n-Out. I'm not real crazy about their burgers. They're good quality ingredients but they're still just a burger. I like having...
I'm with Huck on the In-n-Out. I'm not real crazy about their burgers. They're good quality ingredients but they're still just a burger. I like having a little more variety to pick from with burgers. Avocado, jalapenos, different cheeses.

As for a business that I wish would open near me, I'd like to have a bicycle shop open near me. I'm with Hvaughn with a motorcycle store with decent products.

I'm going to vent about Cycle Gear for a minute. A few years ago you could go into a Cycle Gear and they carried Fox, THOR, and a couple of other decent brands. They have absolutely gone the other direction. They own the BILT brand and their store is littered with that shit. Sure it costs less than $75 for pants and a jersey but they last maybe 2 races. They're just cheap shit. I'm all for offering a variety of products but their whole store is covered in that crap. What's worse, they still carry some of the Fox stuff but there is such a small selection of their stuff that they might as well not carry any. And it's extremely overpriced. And their oils and tires are overpriced. And they don't carry a good selection of grips, chains sprockets etc. . . Why can't RockyMountain create a retail store. That would be awesome even though it's not their business model.
+1 on the Cycle Gear deal. Maybe we should send in some e-mail suggestions or call up corporate. I know they might listen after a while. I actually like them for parts like throttle tubes, etc... and they always match prices when I ask, but the whole carry only a tiny bit of fox trail riding gear does get old.

DownSouth
9/10/2014 8:54am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2014 8:58am
Zaxby's. Best chicken fingers on the planet. They have not made ot past north FL yet.

I also wish there was a Hardees nearby, I could go for a mushroom swiss burger. The closest is about 40 miles north, I am surprised they have no locations south of Ft Pierce on the east coast of FL.
huck
9/10/2014 9:59am
DownSouth wrote:
Zaxby's. Best chicken fingers on the planet. They have not made ot past north FL yet. I also wish there was a Hardees nearby, I could...
Zaxby's. Best chicken fingers on the planet. They have not made ot past north FL yet.

I also wish there was a Hardees nearby, I could go for a mushroom swiss burger. The closest is about 40 miles north, I am surprised they have no locations south of Ft Pierce on the east coast of FL.
We have a hardees, but I don't care for it much.... I like that they embrace the fact that their food is the like a heart attack in a bag...and they keep finding ways to make it even more unhealthy....

New BBQ burger...

IWreckALot
9/10/2014 11:58am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm with Huck on the In-n-Out. I'm not real crazy about their burgers. They're good quality ingredients but they're still just a burger. I like having...

HazemG wrote:
+1 on the Cycle Gear deal. Maybe we should send in some e-mail suggestions or call up corporate. I know they might listen after a while...
+1 on the Cycle Gear deal. Maybe we should send in some e-mail suggestions or call up corporate. I know they might listen after a while. I actually like them for parts like throttle tubes, etc... and they always match prices when I ask, but the whole carry only a tiny bit of fox trail riding gear does get old.

I've debated writing someone there an e-mail and just civilly explaining my position. I doubt it'll change their mind but I guess I can say I tried.
IWreckALot
9/10/2014 11:59am

I really like some hotwings!!! Their Dr. Pepper wings have a really good flavor and their hot flavored wings are freaking hot. And they have some HUGE beers.
S.Loyer
9/10/2014 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2014 12:44pm
HazemG wrote:
I think that it stems from the more 'exclusive' status of the franchise more than the food itself.. it's almost like you didn't visit or live...

Id rather have an In N Out burger about 9 times out of 10 when it comes to having burgers anywhere else. I would mind getting a Chipolte up in AK, I miss the Chips and Guac. Theres nothing to much I miss about the Lower 48 as we have just about everything now these days.
hvaughn88
9/10/2014 1:04pm
DownSouth wrote:
Zaxby's. Best chicken fingers on the planet. They have not made ot past north FL yet. I also wish there was a Hardees nearby, I could...

I used to eat at the zaxby's here and I liked it. Then my wife found a bug in her food and they didn't seem to give a damn. Now I don't eat there and instead will tell that story on a world side message board. May not make a difference but it's definitely not a positive reflection on them
hvaughn88
9/10/2014 1:06pm
DownSouth wrote:

huck wrote:
We have a hardees, but I don't care for it much.... I like that they embrace the fact that their food is the like a heart...
We have a hardees, but I don't care for it much.... I like that they embrace the fact that their food is the like a heart attack in a bag...and they keep finding ways to make it even more unhealthy....

New BBQ burger...

Not a Hardee's fan either. Do y'all have a slim chickens up there huck? I really like the one here. Fayetteville has one too I think
Utrider
Fantasy
1528th
9/10/2014 1:40pm
DownSouth wrote:

We are starting to get them around here (Northern Utah). There is one open and another one coming. They are good.
Utrider
Fantasy
1528th
9/10/2014 1:44pm
IWreckALot wrote:

I think Rocky Mountain is experimenting with the concept. Pro-Cycle in St. George, Utah is now a Rocky Mountain Retail store that sells Ktm's & Kawasaki's. I know they opened a distribution center in Kentucky. They do an awesome job for sure.
9/10/2014 2:12pm
I also wasn't floored by a In-n-out burger I had in dallas. I thought the Rally's/Checker that are in the south east US and the ghetto of St Louis are better.

And as for what I want to open up near my home?

kawboy388
9/10/2014 2:24pm
dsmith wrote:
[img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-73BG7l-uZps/UcDBwU95BnI/AAAAAAAAE84/eSQfuEOE-u0/s1600/cinnabon1.jpg[/img]
They opened one of these up in the town nearest me. For two months the place was packed,and at least 12 cars in the
drive thru,now I rarely see anybody there.
Harry_Gray
9/10/2014 4:43pm
MxKing809 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/09/64727/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

That would be nice where I'm at, but I'm located at the second notch of the Bible Belt/lol.
Harry_Gray
9/10/2014 4:44pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Not keen on the Fries there, but I like the Burgers and Shakes. If you are ever in the D/FW area, they are there, along w/ Del Tacos.

Post a reply to: Franchises or business you wish would open near you

The Latest