For Old Fart, warning video of dog getting shot.

Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2013 2:24pm
This is crazy, I hate a watched it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/police-shoot-dog-video-cal…

No need to shoot the dog, the cop was a wuss.
|
JW381
7/2/2013 2:01pm
I agree. Because while I hate seeing this video, it is extremely sad, the cops are left in a very tough position. The situation is obviously already tense, they're in a hostile environment, and such a huge portion of police training centers around protecting themselves and their partners around them. So when a dog capable of doing damage is threatening, it's a very tough decision to make in a very short amount of time. Having alternative weapons would make situations like this less likely and more preventable. Because no one wants to have this shit happening...
newmann
7/2/2013 2:22pm
What's sad is that the dog's owner was standing around dicking with police in a bad situation. Swat team and AR-15r's were out from what it appeared. Obviously there was something pretty serious going on and the idiot goes and starts jacking with the cops. It was all shits and giggles up until the dog got shot.

My wife got between our dog (leashed) and a neighborhood Rott one afternoon while out walking. Had I been there with a gun, I would have shot that dog without a second thought. Fortunately the asshole owner was close by and got things under control pretty quick but not before our Lab got rolled pretty good.
APLMAN99
7/2/2013 2:30pm
No, they don't always grab their firearms and fire. Why do you lie like that?

The Shop

7/2/2013 2:35pm
I would have shot it too. I wonder how much the guy will get when he sues for emotional distress.
VET74
7/2/2013 2:49pm
I guarantee you if I was one of those cops I would have been paying way more attention to where that dog was than some guy armed with a telephone. Those cops were going to show him who was boss.

A completely idiotic situation all the way around. If they thought he was a threat to the situation, then why didn't they approach him when they crossed the street?

Those two dumbasses were going to have a one sided cock measuring contest plain and simple. It even looks like they left suspects sitting on the curb to approach this guy.
twister
7/2/2013 2:50pm
I wish i hadn't watched that.My post above was my reaction right after watching it.
If i was walking my dog and saw a bunch of cops with thier weapons out like that i would be heading the other way.I think the dog owner was an idiot for antagonizing them.I also think the police could have handled that alot better.
I hate it when an animal is killed or hurt just for being loyal to it's owner.
JW381
7/2/2013 2:52pm
twister wrote:
I wish i hadn't watched that.My post above was my reaction right after watching it. If i was walking my dog and saw a bunch of...
I wish i hadn't watched that.My post above was my reaction right after watching it.
If i was walking my dog and saw a bunch of cops with thier weapons out like that i would be heading the other way.I think the dog owner was an idiot for antagonizing them.I also think the police could have handled that alot better.
I hate it when an animal is killed or hurt just for being loyal to it's owner.
That sums it up for sure. Stupidity on both ends, and a dog acting out of loyal defense to it's owner gets killed.. sad.
APLMAN99
7/2/2013 2:58pm
OldLiar, this video doesn't constitute "always". The cops didn't fire at the dog immediately, nor did it appear that they did it for fun. The dog was threatening and the dog's owner allowed that to happen.

As usual, you have no ability to rationalize so "always" is your default mode to paint with your broad brush.

If cops always did as you claim, far more than 5% of them would have fired their weapons at people, but they haven't.
newmann
7/2/2013 2:58pm
That doesn't look like a good place to be walking your Rottweiler and playing with your camera phone either. But you go right ahead like a dumbass. Just don't come crying here like a big damn baby when your dog gets popped. Wink
VET74
7/2/2013 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2013 3:23pm
Secondly, you have bystanders around that could have taken a stray bullet or better yet shot...oldfart is right, they should have handled this situation way differently and more professionally (have the owner secure the dog first). That damn dog was way more of an issue than the guy as an immediate threat, and they never once showed any concern about it...not very bright. If you watch the video, you can see another guy video taping also, why didn't they bust his chops?

I know, Monday morning quarterbacking is easy...
4stroke4DWIN
7/2/2013 2:59pm
Yea and guess what, crime is still out of control. Non lethal, lethal on a human or animal what's the difference. Maybe they should of shot the owner and the fuckin dog. Maybe shoot more fuckin ignorant nosy fucks and maybe a animal will be saved. Jesus are you a fuckin hippy? It's not the 60-70's it's not peace love and suck my cock anymore.

What the fuck would you know about split second descisions in situations like the video, what's ur credentials? Unreal......
APLMAN99
7/2/2013 3:06pm
VET74 wrote:
Secondly, you have bystanders around that could have taken a stray bullet or better yet shot...oldfart is right, they should have handled this situation way differently...
Secondly, you have bystanders around that could have taken a stray bullet or better yet shot...oldfart is right, they should have handled this situation way differently and more professionally (have the owner secure the dog first). That damn dog was way more of an issue than the guy as an immediate threat, and they never once showed any concern about it...not very bright. If you watch the video, you can see another guy video taping also, why didn't they bust his chops?

I know, Monday morning quarterbacking is easy...
I think that shows that the cops didn't really care about the video taking.
7/2/2013 3:58pm
The cops didn't initiate the contact. Did you hear him repeatedly asking, "Why aint there no black cops?" right before they approached him? That's why they came over to him. He brought that entirely on himself. They wouldn't have approached him in any way if he didn't engage them.
Xtreme1
7/2/2013 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2013 4:17pm
Apparently this isn't the first time that Rosby has had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police.He is seen filming the scene in order 'to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated,' he told DailyBreeze.com.
Rosby is then seen talking to a pair of police officers in the distance.
Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.
'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'
A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.
But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.
'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'
VET74
7/2/2013 4:46pm
I'd be pretty upset if one of my 3 amigos was killed by police Sad

Choppy
7/2/2013 5:04pm
How do we fix it oldfart? What can we change, showing me real numbers, that would fix this type of thing.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/2/2013 5:07pm
The dumbass guy messing with the cops was the cause but the cops could have let the dude loose long enough to put the dog up think. Now this guy already had a lawsuit against the police, was it a set up? He knew his Dog would jump out of the car and the window was open. Not sure about nothing, I couldn't watch it twice though, made me really Hate that cop.
purpleNurple
7/2/2013 5:15pm
I am so sick of this crap. Makes me want to puke, the police state in this country is out of hand.
MR. X
7/2/2013 5:19pm
Another show of cops playing "let see whos dick is bigger" Fucking sissy got scared because a dog was barking at them , these are the brave soles we are supposed to rely on to protect us ? Im surprised the sack of shit even hit what they were aiming at .Thanks for ruining my evening.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/2/2013 5:48pm
MR. X wrote:
Another show of cops playing "let see whos dick is bigger" Fucking sissy got scared because a dog was barking at them , these are the...
Another show of cops playing "let see whos dick is bigger" Fucking sissy got scared because a dog was barking at them , these are the brave soles we are supposed to rely on to protect us ? Im surprised the sack of shit even hit what they were aiming at .Thanks for ruining my evening.
I didn't shoot him and I had a clear warning in the title, sorry.
7/2/2013 6:16pm
He was interfering with what they were trying to do. It's the same thing any of us would do if we were in their situation. It escalated and it was the only thing they could do to ensure everyone's safety. Also if someone is acting that stupid after driving a car there they have more than enough reason to at least make sure he wasn't drunk...

Apparently this isn't the first time that Rosby has had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police.He is seen filming the scene in order 'to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated,' he told DailyBreeze.com.
Rosby is then seen talking to a pair of police officers in the distance.
Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.
'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'
A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.
But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.
'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'
newmann
7/2/2013 6:27pm
Well, the dumbass got his dog shot and killed. Hope he's happy.
Xtreme1
7/2/2013 6:40pm
Rosby was held overnight in jail on suspicion of obstruction of justice and released at 5 AM the next day.
7/2/2013 6:43pm
What would OldFart have done if OldFart had a rot whieler barking in his face like that? The guy is a cop troll. He wanted to get arrested. That was his goal the entire time.
Xtreme1
7/2/2013 6:48pm
In Sunday's incident, police officers responded to armed-robbery suspects who had barricaded themselves in a home. The standoff ended with an arrest more than 90 minutes later, according to police.
newmann
7/2/2013 6:50pm
Xtreme1 wrote:
In Sunday's incident, police officers responded to armed-robbery suspects who had barricaded themselves in a home. The standoff ended with an arrest more than 90 minutes...
In Sunday's incident, police officers responded to armed-robbery suspects who had barricaded themselves in a home. The standoff ended with an arrest more than 90 minutes later, according to police.
Damn those police officers for responding to an armed robbery.....
7/2/2013 7:00pm
The scene was completely barricaded in by police cars and armored vehicles. It's not the cops fault that the neighbors weren't smart enough to stay away. It's natural selection.
Xtreme1
7/2/2013 7:02pm
If you have Probable Cause or reasonable suspicion that a crime is being committed you may effect an arrest. When you release them, it is not always an admission of lack of probable cause. In this instance it appears as though a "perimeter' had been in place which it appears most people were respecting. In a perimeter there are usually other officers present for things such as..crowd control etc. I just usually apply the reasonableness rule in my mind. What would most people do in that situation? Would they keep on about their own business,and if not, why are they interjecting themselves into a situation that does not appear at that point to directly effect them. I find his statement that he was videotaping to prevent human rights violations somewhat qeustionable.

Post a reply to: For Old Fart, warning video of dog getting shot.

The Latest