Dropping Direct TV

71Fish
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2016 6:07am
So we have made the decision to drop Direct TV in favor of PS Vue. So next comes the arduous task of cancelling Direct TV. I hate dealing with pushy sales people. What is the quickest way to tell them you are cancelling and get off the line? I don't deal well with pushy sales people. Right now I've suspended my service so I'm not paying.
|
Spartacus
4/4/2016 10:19am
There is no quick way and I can almost guarantee you that after being passed around to 3-4 people offering you a discount price, they'll find a way to keep billing you for some BS $20 charge of a few months.

I killed our DirectcrapTV service a few years ago and they almost cried on the phone.

jeffro503
4/4/2016 10:23am
71Fish wrote:
So we have made the decision to drop Direct TV in favor of PS Vue. So next comes the arduous task of cancelling Direct TV. I...
So we have made the decision to drop Direct TV in favor of PS Vue. So next comes the arduous task of cancelling Direct TV. I hate dealing with pushy sales people. What is the quickest way to tell them you are cancelling and get off the line? I don't deal well with pushy sales people. Right now I've suspended my service so I'm not paying.
Fish , I sure would like to hear your experience with the PS Vue. If I can get all my sports channels AND my local channels for a cheap price I may very well do the same thing. My package I have right now costs like $130.00/mo but that's before all the other taxes and other BS charges. I usually pay bi-monthly and I just paid $329.00. To damn much for damned tv service.
MudPup545
4/4/2016 10:32am
Do you get the channels that carry moto? I would drop DirectTV in a heart beat.
71Fish
4/4/2016 10:33am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2016 10:48am
71Fish wrote:
So we have made the decision to drop Direct TV in favor of PS Vue. So next comes the arduous task of cancelling Direct TV. I...
jeffro503 wrote:
Fish , I sure would like to hear your experience with the PS Vue. If I can get all my sports channels AND my local channels...
Fish , I sure would like to hear your experience with the PS Vue. If I can get all my sports channels AND my local channels for a cheap price I may very well do the same thing. My package I have right now costs like $130.00/mo but that's before all the other taxes and other BS charges. I usually pay bi-monthly and I just paid $329.00. To damn much for damned tv service.
It has been a really good experience so far. I did have to upgrade my wifi router and plug in some power lines so the actual savings won't be realized for a few months longer than expected. I needed to upgrade anyway, that's my excuse.

FS1/2, all the ESPN's, BEIN and a few other sports channels. I have the highest package which is $45 per month. As long as I get FS1/2 and AMC for the Walking Dead and fox News for O'Reilley I'm happy. Just those choices aren't worth the $107 I was paying before.

It is worth it. A few others here have talked about PS Vue being a good deal as well.

Edit: You don't get local channels, you'll need an antenna for that. You do get FOX, ABC and either NBC/CBS (can't remember) for on-demand.

The Shop

71Fish
4/4/2016 11:08am
I don't know about having it hooked up to more than one TV. I do have the phone app and haven't had any problems. I don't have to log in to make sure I have the right package. If you have PS Vue, you have the right package.

If you make a show "My Show" it automatically DVR's it for you in the cloud. Unlimited volume, but it only holds it for 28 days.
SEE ARE125
4/4/2016 12:13pm
I have had a Roku for a while, and just recently got PS Vue. Most local channels have an app on Roku, and my local channel has it broken up into clips, so I can watch just the local weather and skip the news, or watch whatever without sitting through the whole broadcast. As for PS Vue, I have the cheap $29 package, which also includes FS1 and FS2. One cool thing I've learned on PS Vue: If it's say 8pm, and a show came on at 7pm, but you didn't DVR it, you can scroll up and click on it and it will start playing, just like you DVR'd it. It's kind of like it DVR's everything, but by adding it to My Shows it's available in one convenient location as opposed to having to search for it. Roku pretty much had everything covered for me except Supercross, PS Vue now has that covered. If you don't like it, you don't have to call some desperate sales person either, just go to your account and click unsubscribe and it's done. There's no fees or anything, if you want it for 1 month, you pay $29.99 and cancel before the month runs out. I'll probably cancel after SX, then resume PS Vue for the MEC. I don't watch much TV in the summer, and I can get the outdoors on my Roku.
TailSoHard
4/4/2016 1:23pm
Wasn't there a company out there that you could pay $5 to and they'd cancel your TV service for you? What ever happened to them?
XXVoid MainXX
4/4/2016 3:11pm
I used to really like DirecTV but lately it's complete crap!

1) 4,000 channels of complete shit, mostly commercials
2) Lately certain previously mentioned commercials have been completely locking up the video until you rewind/fastforward.
3) The receivers/DVRs are slower'n molasses to respond when they randomly respond
4) It's only gotten worse after being bought out by AT&T
4/4/2016 5:16pm
Tell 'em you're really bummed that you have to cancel but you're moving to a high-rise apartment building where only cable is available. Emphasize the "really bummed" part and sound in a hurry. Tell them how much you hate cable but you have no choice. It should work.
hillbilly
4/4/2016 6:34pm
What we do with direct is have multi receivers but they are not all at the location the bill goes.

You cant hook phoneline to them because that location will be known then.

hillbilly
4/6/2016 6:07am
Cuts the bill in half for 2 households, I had a bud that worked for Comcast and he brought me a pile of dishes ,coax,old receivers ,remotes.

The dishes i used,made a few on tripods for friends with motorhomes.

Country boy will survive.

Post a reply to: Dropping Direct TV

The Latest