Dream Job Growing Up?

MudPup545
12/28/2014 8:37am
A rock star. The next Ace Frehley. But, not knowing how to play the guitar crushed that dream. ...lol...
12/28/2014 8:46am
For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to be a trout fishing guide. I hope to make that happen after I retire in a couple of years.
12/28/2014 8:51am
LoudLove wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/27/75175/s1200_image.jpg[/img] My office, 1990-1994. It was a pretty cool gig, but definitely a young man's sport. Not sure I would have still dug it at 40...

My office, 1990-1994. It was a pretty cool gig, but definitely a young man's sport. Not sure I would have still dug it at 40 with a wife & kids...
VA-75 Sunday Punchers.
brlatm
12/28/2014 7:35pm
I wanted to be a golf Pro, I went to Junior College in West Texas and the head coach asked me to come out for the golf team. I went and played with the kid who had just won the British Amateur that summer, needless to say I got my ass beat like a redheaded stepchild! I decided then and there that I need to do something else and joined the Marines for 6 years and played on there golf team a few years and then took some time away from the game. Now I just play when I can for fun and never take the game seriously at all.

Maybe when I retire in like 10 years I will make a run at the Senior tour for shits and giggles.

The Shop

jeffro503
12/28/2014 8:49pm
Call me crazy but I always wanted to be some kind of a Marine biologist of some sorts. Filming , testing and tagging sharks and so forth. One of my goals is to finally make it down to Australia and swim with the great whites. It would be such a rush and super freakin cool. Actually.....anything to do with the ocean would of been something really cool.
JW381
12/28/2014 9:57pm
brlatm wrote:
I wanted to be a golf Pro, I went to Junior College in West Texas and the head coach asked me to come out for the...
I wanted to be a golf Pro, I went to Junior College in West Texas and the head coach asked me to come out for the golf team. I went and played with the kid who had just won the British Amateur that summer, needless to say I got my ass beat like a redheaded stepchild! I decided then and there that I need to do something else and joined the Marines for 6 years and played on there golf team a few years and then took some time away from the game. Now I just play when I can for fun and never take the game seriously at all.

Maybe when I retire in like 10 years I will make a run at the Senior tour for shits and giggles.
That's whats crazy about golf, no matter how old I get, the senior tour is technically always within sight. I'm 24 and probably a 17 handicap, but that doesn't mean shit!
JW381
12/28/2014 9:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Call me crazy but I always wanted to be some kind of a Marine biologist of some sorts. Filming , testing and tagging sharks and so...
Call me crazy but I always wanted to be some kind of a Marine biologist of some sorts. Filming , testing and tagging sharks and so forth. One of my goals is to finally make it down to Australia and swim with the great whites. It would be such a rush and super freakin cool. Actually.....anything to do with the ocean would of been something really cool.
Right on Jeffro!
12/30/2014 2:49am
I always wanted to spin spanners on bikes.
I'm currently working at a motorcycle store working my may to an apprenticeship
only downside is there is about 100 road bikes/cruses to every Motocross bike. makes me sad...
Huevos
1/2/2015 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2015 7:50pm
I wanted to be a bum that lived in my parents basement playing video games, but life hasnt worked out well that way. I have to settle for being a flight instructor for now so i can fly for an airline later. I guess if i got my act together i could still make my dream a reality...
slowvet
1/3/2015 8:24am
To work in a motorcycle shop. I couldn't get enough everything motorcycles.
thecolonel610
1/3/2015 8:50pm
I wanted to be a truck driver. Yeah, I was incredibly ambitious. Every time I pass a trucker and catch him staring at my girlfriend (or me, lol) I thank my lucky stars I decided to get an education.
XXVoid MainXX
1/3/2015 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 9:09pm
I wanted to be a truck driver. Yeah, I was incredibly ambitious. Every time I pass a trucker and catch him staring at my girlfriend (or...
I wanted to be a truck driver. Yeah, I was incredibly ambitious. Every time I pass a trucker and catch him staring at my girlfriend (or me, lol) I thank my lucky stars I decided to get an education.
Your girlfriend has a nice rack by the way.
captmoto
1/3/2015 10:59pm
I wanted to be a doctor. Then in high school I realized I had to get past algebra to do that. I lowered my own expectations and thought about something like an X-ray tech. While at CC I picked up a book someone had called "Rescue Practices" and decided to pursue a career as a fireman. My departments badges actually said Fireman before I got hired. So in the late 70's early 80's I kept hearing i was a slam dunk since only minorities were getting hired. Thank God for that since it only took me 6 years to get a job.
I did firefighter, paramedic, engineer (the best job) and captain over nearly 32 years. I got out 2 jumps ahead of an investigation board after almost 32 years. The PC Gestapo was closing in.
bronwynrayne
1/5/2015 10:10am
JW381 wrote:
Im sure you could find a training partner on vital.
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah but Bronwyn is spoken for and all the way over in that there Canadia eh... Paging Kessie!
Ya'll are real gentlemen. J I'm gonna be there in 6 hours to kick your ass just to make an example of you.

I haven't finished growing up yet, my dream is to have 2 Red Seals by the time I am 30; Boilermaking, Ironworking. I want to use the income from those skills to pursue something more rewarding, something I enjoy more and that I can have a family while I work. Jill of all trades I guess? Would be rad to take Mechanics too but there's limited years to a life.
JW381
1/5/2015 11:36am
JW381 wrote:
Im sure you could find a training partner on vital.
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah but Bronwyn is spoken for and all the way over in that there Canadia eh... Paging Kessie!
Ya'll are real gentlemen. J I'm gonna be there in 6 hours to kick your ass just to make an example of you. I haven't finished...
Ya'll are real gentlemen. J I'm gonna be there in 6 hours to kick your ass just to make an example of you.

I haven't finished growing up yet, my dream is to have 2 Red Seals by the time I am 30; Boilermaking, Ironworking. I want to use the income from those skills to pursue something more rewarding, something I enjoy more and that I can have a family while I work. Jill of all trades I guess? Would be rad to take Mechanics too but there's limited years to a life.
Haha make an example out of Ezza, I was classy as they come.
peelout
1/5/2015 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2015 2:16pm
JW381 wrote:
What was your guys' dream jobs as kids? Any of you make it, or at least come close? Looking at my avatar should be a clue...
What was your guys' dream jobs as kids? Any of you make it, or at least come close?

Looking at my avatar should be a clue as to what mine was. It's technically still within the realm of possibility, but I think Lloyd Christmas has a better shot of getting with Mary Swanson (Dumb and Dumber). Pro MX rider was next, unless I pull a 21st century John Dowd, that one's also out the window.

Now it's on to beer sales Cool
bro, my girl's dad is a highly decorated retired F-16 pilot for the airforce. he has some pretty crazy stories.

as for my dream job, i always wanted to be a pro at something. started with baseball, then basketball, then motocross.
JW381
1/5/2015 2:49pm
peelout wrote:
bro, my girl's dad is a highly decorated retired F-16 pilot for the airforce. he has some pretty crazy stories. as for my dream job, i...
bro, my girl's dad is a highly decorated retired F-16 pilot for the airforce. he has some pretty crazy stories.

as for my dream job, i always wanted to be a pro at something. started with baseball, then basketball, then motocross.
That's Über fuckin cool bro. I'd like to meet him, then maybe do some eifel towering? Sleep on that.

No for real, that's cool man, they're a special breed of dude. Once upon a time I might have had what it took, but probably not. Still might pursue a job in that line of work within the next year, but I doubt it'll be at the wheel of anything airborne.
mxdonkey
1/5/2015 9:10pm
Dragoo168 wrote:
I wanted to be a Pro Motocrosser,..Had a decent run at it heading into '83, until the end of the '83 season, where girls and partying...
I wanted to be a Pro Motocrosser,..Had a decent run at it heading into '83, until the end of the '83 season, where girls and partying ruined everything (Yes, all THEIR fault!),...Years later, Wanted to be a Race Tech, worked in the shops, became certified by all the Jap manufacterers, Polaris, SeaDoo, MMI, etc, and did a little parts analysis work for a major japanese brand, Finally getting not one, but two offers in 2006,...Unfortunately, I was right in the middle of a nasty divorce, and had to decline the positions or lose custody of my kids by moving!!! Now, at 46, I'm still not sure if I've grown up, but I can attest that my dream job is being the Amazing parent that my Awesome kids tell me I am every single day, and knowing that no matter how bad I may have screwed up in the past, that I'm doing OK now Smile
Me too! But I broke my femur at 15 and was healing for almost two years and missed the racing boat.

Being in my mid forties also, I am so impressed that your dream job is being a great dad. Good job , man.
PressPassP
1/7/2015 5:54pm
Got my dream job racing motorcycles for a living but in the end it got me Sad
ehr400
1/8/2015 5:34am
MR. X wrote:
My father was a toolmaker ,i loved going into the shop with him and always wanted to also be a toolmaker . Today i am a...
My father was a toolmaker ,i loved going into the shop with him and always wanted to also be a toolmaker . Today i am a tool and die maker for one of the big 3.
You working for Ford in Buffalo?

I am in the same boat. Everyone in my family was in the trades of some kind. I always loved Welding and learning to do it when I was 10 had me hooked. I had a opportunity to have a pipe welder apprenticeship when I was 18 but my parents really wanted me to go to college. I wish I would have went the pipefitter route. Don't regret my engineering degree but I much prefer being in the field vs. only half the time now.
URROZ105
1/23/2015 8:00pm
I wanted to be in the service for the longest time,first the airforce then wanted be a navy seal. I got out of that phase and wanted to be a pro fisherman for like 3 months last year, started saving money for a boat and gear, and guess what! I watched a dirt bike video, so mx racing is a dream job now. ( thank god im still a kid) And just because im a teenager who hasn't raced yet don't mean it cant happen, who knows I could be the next James "bubba" Stewart. ( I doubt that though, ill be fine just making money from it. And if that fails I still got my musical talent.

Post a reply to: Dream Job Growing Up?

The Latest