Dougie...

huck
Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 10:21pm
I don't know if I missed it, but I was thinking about him over the weekend...

I know a year ago he was declining rapidly. Does anybody have more details?
|
JPT
8/17/2015 2:18pm
The t-shirt in my profile photo is dedicated to Dougie. All you guys over 50 man up and get you colonoscopy.
TX24
8/17/2015 3:09pm
I got mine last Fall. I thought about Dougie at the time.

The Shop

KMC440
8/17/2015 3:13pm
Mine 2yrs ago when I was having issues. .. didn't hesitate, asked for the test. Very relieved to find out it was a simple diet change.

Moto on Dougie.
8/17/2015 6:35pm
Dougie was one of the good guys here.

Had the scope last year. The prep, drinking enough of that nasty shit, and keeping it down, is the roughest part.

Only other thing was the drug they used to put me out. It lit me up. Felt like they were injecting me with boiling water.
racin mason
8/17/2015 7:14pm
Dougie was a good dude .I would have never guessed that I would miss somebody I never met RIP
8/18/2015 10:46am
My mother in law has weeks to live. Hospice is visiting daily. Colon cancer that wasn't caught in time. My wife is a complete mess. They are as close as a mother and daughter can be.
So my wife gets a colonoscopy every 4 years and she's 45. I've only had the prostate exam (finger jammed up my ass). I still have a couple of years before my colonoscopy.
One of the easiest cancers to cure if caught in time - that is the key. get your exam. My insurance wont cover mine until i'm 50. My wife was put on the 'exemption' and hers is covered 100% even though she's under 50. Family history allowed her. More paperwork, but it was worth it.

huck
8/18/2015 12:48pm
My mother in law has weeks to live. Hospice is visiting daily. Colon cancer that wasn't caught in time. My wife is a complete mess. They...
My mother in law has weeks to live. Hospice is visiting daily. Colon cancer that wasn't caught in time. My wife is a complete mess. They are as close as a mother and daughter can be.
So my wife gets a colonoscopy every 4 years and she's 45. I've only had the prostate exam (finger jammed up my ass). I still have a couple of years before my colonoscopy.
One of the easiest cancers to cure if caught in time - that is the key. get your exam. My insurance wont cover mine until i'm 50. My wife was put on the 'exemption' and hers is covered 100% even though she's under 50. Family history allowed her. More paperwork, but it was worth it.

That sucks man. Best of luck to your wife and her family!
JPT
8/18/2015 5:10pm
My mother in law has weeks to live. Hospice is visiting daily. Colon cancer that wasn't caught in time. My wife is a complete mess. They...

huck wrote:
That sucks man. Best of luck to your wife and her family!
This.

My father and maternal grandmother both got colon cancer in their 80s. I figured at that age it shouldn't count against me as family history. Wrong! When I got my first colonoscopy they took out a polyp that the doctor said would have eventually turned on me. He said if my Dad and Grandma would have gotten similar polyps removed when they were my age the would never have gotten cancer. Made a believer of me.
fcr
8/22/2015 10:21pm
Nice guy

Post a reply to: Dougie...

The Latest