Deflate-gate

vet323
1/22/2015 4:02pm
UpTiTe wrote:
They won by 40 points, Brady could have been throwing sticks of butter and they still would have won.
Yeah, but they didn't they know they were going to win when they were doctoring the balls.
ATKpilot99
1/22/2015 4:14pm
In the press conference Brady also said he doesn't like anyone rubbing or touching his balls after they are prepared.
GMalzee
1/22/2015 4:44pm
UpTiTe wrote:
They won by 40 points, Brady could have been throwing sticks of butter and they still would have won.
Why do you assume they only cheated in that game? People are starting to look into this and it's not looking good for the Pats.

This chart shows how many plays per fumble since 2010. The difference between the Patriots and the 2nd best team can't just be because they are good at hanging on to the ball.

GMalzee
1/22/2015 5:10pm
Somebody has got to do it, The NFL probably won't. The more people look into it the clearer it is becoming that this has gone on for a long time and it provided a significant advantage.

The Shop

GMalzee
1/22/2015 5:27pm
It's hard to tell what has been going on. The NFL has already fined Lynch and Mathews but have not even commented on this.
GMalzee
1/22/2015 5:58pm
Nah, the fix was for the Cowboys. Sometimes teams can't win even when they have an unfair advantage.
lappedrider
1/22/2015 6:34pm
GMalzee wrote:
Somebody has got to do it, The NFL probably won't. The more people look into it the clearer it is becoming that this has gone on...
Somebody has got to do it, The NFL probably won't. The more people look into it the clearer it is becoming that this has gone on for a long time and it provided a significant advantage.
Yes, that has worked wonders for the 9/11 investigation... A bunch of yahoos making spread sheets will not help anyone solve anything.
GMalzee
1/22/2015 6:39pm
GMalzee wrote:
Somebody has got to do it, The NFL probably won't. The more people look into it the clearer it is becoming that this has gone on...
Yes, that has worked wonders for the 9/11 investigation... A bunch of yahoos making spread sheets will not help anyone solve anything.
Yeah, I don't really think that deflated footballs and imploding skyscrapers are all that similar.
lappedrider
1/22/2015 6:46pm
GMalzee wrote:
GMalzee wrote:
Yeah, I don't really think that deflated footballs and imploding skyscrapers are all that similar.
I was referring to your comment that the more people who look into it the more clear the picture becomes. This may come as a shock but I would expect the best team in football to have the least fumbles. The chart displayed is proof of nothing other than the Patriots fumble the ball less.... Which the better team should be expected to do.

When people start looking into to narrow a piece of information they start drawing conclusions without looking at the big picture. That is were the 9/11 reference was made, only about the conspiracy theorists that are now associated with it. I thought that was clear, my apologies.
GMalzee
1/22/2015 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 7:02pm
GMalzee wrote:
I was referring to your comment that the more people who look into it the more clear the picture becomes. This may come as a shock...
I was referring to your comment that the more people who look into it the more clear the picture becomes. This may come as a shock but I would expect the best team in football to have the least fumbles. The chart displayed is proof of nothing other than the Patriots fumble the ball less.... Which the better team should be expected to do.

When people start looking into to narrow a piece of information they start drawing conclusions without looking at the big picture. That is were the 9/11 reference was made, only about the conspiracy theorists that are now associated with it. I thought that was clear, my apologies.
First off they are not the best team in football the Seahawks are. This info is from a statistics person who follows the NFL on a regular bases. It's pretty clear that all the teams follow the same path except the spike with new England.
lappedrider
1/22/2015 7:07pm
First, I mean the best team in football since 2010, not just the past 2 years.

Second, I am not drawing a comparison to 9/11. I AM saying that people can make and interpret data anyway they want.

Third you chart does not show an absurd difference. Draw a line from best to worst. If the line made a distinct hook, you might have a point.

lappedrider
1/22/2015 7:10pm
Oh shit, I was looking at the chart wrong. I was only looking at total fumbles.... my bad. Carry on..
GMalzee
1/22/2015 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 7:19pm
It seems to be an indication of something. Deflated balls help against fumbles and the team that was caught with deflated balls has an abnormal trend of not fumbling, and they have already been caught cheating before. Is it proof? not entirely but it's something to look at.
Steiny
1/22/2015 7:20pm
GMalzee wrote:
It seems to be an indication of something. Deflated balls help against fumbles and the team that was caught with deflated balls has an abnormal trend...
It seems to be an indication of something. Deflated balls help against fumbles and the team that was caught with deflated balls has an abnormal trend of not fumbling, and they have already been caught cheating before. Is it proof? not entirely but it's something to look at.
If they did cheat, do you think they are the only ones doing it? Its absurd to even think that, and lets be honest, your coach ain't exactly to clean himself
Old-Man
1/22/2015 7:29pm
[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G-djHVZ0224/UGB4qoYgXZI/AAAAAAAAul0/8GlfYnvsUjU/s400/Black%2BSea%2Bdoll.jpg[/img]
LOL...Somebody needs to pay the piper or go incognito...You keep giving yourself up BITCH!

I mean BUTCH!
GMalzee
1/22/2015 7:35pm
GMalzee wrote:
It seems to be an indication of something. Deflated balls help against fumbles and the team that was caught with deflated balls has an abnormal trend...
Steiny wrote:
If they did cheat, do you think they are the only ones doing it? Its absurd to even think that, and lets be honest, your coach...
If they did cheat, do you think they are the only ones doing it? Its absurd to even think that, and lets be honest, your coach ain't exactly to clean himself
I don't know if they are the only ones cheating or not but it doesn't matter because the Patriots are the ones who got caught (again). So either they are just really bad at cheating or they cheat so much that they increase their chances of getting caught compared to anyone else.
1/22/2015 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 7:53pm
[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G-djHVZ0224/UGB4qoYgXZI/AAAAAAAAul0/8GlfYnvsUjU/s400/Black%2BSea%2Bdoll.jpg[/img]
Old-Man wrote:
LOL...Somebody needs to pay the piper or go incognito...You keep giving yourself up BITCH!

I mean BUTCH!
NAW........I get a kick outta posting this way!Woohoo
motosmith
1/23/2015 5:34am
In the NBA and MLB the refs manage the game balls. I cant believe the NFL lets teams manage their own. WTF do they think is going to happen?

They should have a single rack of game balls on the sideline that only the refs manage. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Fantasy
4342nd
1/23/2015 6:55am

CR250Rider
1/23/2015 9:27am
motosmith wrote:
In the NBA and MLB the refs manage the game balls. I cant believe the NFL lets teams manage their own. WTF do they think is...
In the NBA and MLB the refs manage the game balls. I cant believe the NFL lets teams manage their own. WTF do they think is going to happen?

They should have a single rack of game balls on the sideline that only the refs manage. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Me too. The nfl is retarded
GMalzee
1/23/2015 9:43am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 9:44am
motosmith wrote:
In the NBA and MLB the refs manage the game balls. I cant believe the NFL lets teams manage their own. WTF do they think is...

CR250Rider wrote:
Me too. The nfl is retarded
The the home team used to provide the balls but Manning and Brady lobbied to have it changed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/brady-pushed-for-rule-to-let-visiting-team-provide-own-footballs/
Hut
1/23/2015 5:28pm
motosmith wrote:

That would make too much sense.
In my opinion, all the deflate-gate crap seems too melodramatic. It was bad weather and they softened the ball up a little, meh.
Hut
1/23/2015 7:23pm
Nice
GMalzee
1/23/2015 8:09pm
They didn't store the balls in a bucket and Indy's ball were not affected. If all the balls used were low then maybe there could possibly be a natural cause but being the Pats were already caught cheating before, Brady admitted he liked deflated balls back in 2011 and other evidence points to them using deflated balls over a long period of time it seems the only reasonable conclusion is they got caught cheating (not in a huge way) and have now lied about it. This is a PR nightmare for the NFL who has had a long string of PR nightmares as of late.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
1/26/2015 7:46am
Look at that, someone with a Seahawks avatar is leading the "they are cheaters" charge. Laughing
GMalzee
1/26/2015 10:08am
A picture is worth a thousand words and this picture from the night before the the deflate gate game says"the Patriots have nothing to worry about".

Post a reply to: Deflate-gate

The Latest