Def Leppard - Hysteria

Sandberm
1/2/2016 10:17am
That was why favorite tape from when I was a senior in Highschool. Played it over and over and over. That song always brings back a lot of memories and feelings

Well done Travis. Smile
APLMAN99
1/2/2016 10:23am
I wasn't much of a fan of Hysteria, but I did like On through the Night, High n' Dry, and Pyromania. After Pyromania it just felt quite a bit more "pop" based and made for MTV than their previous work.
Uncle Tony
1/2/2016 11:29am
I believe hysteria was voted by MTV as album of the decade (the 80's of course)

The Shop

Sandberm
1/2/2016 12:06pm
Love Bites and Pour some sugar on me always got the most play on that tape but i always liked these two better.

AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
1/2/2016 12:35pm
I went to their concert at the Richfield Coliseum for their first concert with Rick Allen back after losing his arm in a car crash.

A bunch of us rented a limo and went to watch their Hysteria Tour stop. It was pretty awesome to say the least. Allen killed it on the drums.

On our way out of the concert my girlfriend and I were hanging out of the sunroof of the limo and she pulled out her tata's to entertain the masses. Good times. I miss them. The boobs I mean.
hillbilly
1/2/2016 1:37pm
Hated them. At that time it was all you heard on FM.

It was a hard time till guns and roses then the grunge Seattle scene.

In the 80s i relied on late 60s rock and southern rock,blackfoot,outlaws,johnny van zant,foghat,Nazareth all toured thru a little rock club here, great place till my best friend was murdered there December 20th 1986.,they listed TOD as 21st but he was dead the second that bullet went thru his skull.

Molly hatchet, rossington collins,Marshall tucker, they all came thru regularly.
ocscottie
1/2/2016 3:13pm
Sandberm wrote:
That was why favorite tape from when I was a senior in Highschool. Played it over and over and over. That song always brings back a...
That was why favorite tape from when I was a senior in Highschool. Played it over and over and over. That song always brings back a lot of memories and feelings

Well done Travis. Smile
We must be same age, class of '87? Cool

Sandberm
1/2/2016 3:50pm
Sandberm wrote:
That was why favorite tape from when I was a senior in Highschool. Played it over and over and over. That song always brings back a...

Well done Travis. Smile
ocscottie wrote:

88...spiked hair on top with a small mullet out the back. 501's with a white motocross tee all day every day.
Jimmy_Sloan
1/2/2016 3:55pm
Sandberm wrote:

Well done Travis. Smile
ocscottie wrote:

Sandberm wrote:
88...spiked hair on top with a small mullet out the back. 501's with a white motocross tee all day every day.
I listened to it on my sisters record player! Laughing
1/2/2016 4:14pm
AHRMA361 wrote:
I went to their concert at the Richfield Coliseum for their first concert with Rick Allen back after losing his arm in a car crash. A...
I went to their concert at the Richfield Coliseum for their first concert with Rick Allen back after losing his arm in a car crash.

A bunch of us rented a limo and went to watch their Hysteria Tour stop. It was pretty awesome to say the least. Allen killed it on the drums.

On our way out of the concert my girlfriend and I were hanging out of the sunroof of the limo and she pulled out her tata's to entertain the masses. Good times. I miss them. The boobs I mean.
love it!

i love hearing people talk about memories had....

i had a second jobnot too far back as a support worker (looking after old people) and the stories i heard were beautiful. As for the picture albums! it just made me realise what becomes of us.

https://youtu.be/vt1Pwfnh5pc

this song pretty much tells a good story
1/2/2016 4:23pm
Sandberm wrote:

Well done Travis. Smile
ocscottie wrote:

Sandberm wrote:

Stephon
1/3/2016 5:30am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I wasn't much of a fan of Hysteria, but I did like On through the Night, High n' Dry, and Pyromania. After Pyromania it just felt...
I wasn't much of a fan of Hysteria, but I did like On through the Night, High n' Dry, and Pyromania. After Pyromania it just felt quite a bit more "pop" based and made for MTV than their previous work.
Yeah, I completely agree, Pyromania was my introduction to them and I went backwards to the earlier stuff. Seems like a great bunch of guys.
71Fish
1/4/2016 5:30am
I've seen them in concert a bunch, not sure how many times, between 7-10.

For your TMI files, I don't know if "Pour Some Sugar On Me" was playing when I lost my virginity, but I know it was playing almost every time I was getting some during the summer of 88. I still get a tingle up my leg when I hear that song play.
Uncle Tony
1/4/2016 5:57am
71Fish wrote:
I've seen them in concert a bunch, not sure how many times, between 7-10. For your TMI files, I don't know if "Pour Some Sugar On...

For your TMI files, I don't know if "Pour Some Sugar On Me" was playing when I lost my virginity, but I know it was playing almost every time I was getting some during the summer of 88. I still get a tingle up my leg when I hear that song play.
He must've been good? Lol
LoudLove
1/4/2016 10:43am
"High & Dry" was in constant rotation my freshman year of college. We wore the grooves off that thing, mainly because the chicks weren't digging "London Calling" and Black Sabbath. "Pyromania", while well-produced, was a let-down, as Mutt drove the lads towards a more marketable sound. Plus Pete Willis was DF's rock edge, and his departure signaled the end of an era.

"Satellite", from "On Through the Night", lays the groundwork for future classics like "Gods of War" and "Billy's Got a Gun":

https://youtu.be/dTQL3825EY0
gharmon
1/4/2016 9:22pm
Sandberm wrote:

Well done Travis. Smile
ocscottie wrote:

Sandberm wrote:
Class of 89 here. It was one of the few tapes that I could listen to every song. Saw them at lakewood ampetheater in Atlanta in 88!!
Jimmy_Sloan
1/5/2016 12:37am
I like your tastes, Green. Nice old school def leppard.
71Fish
1/5/2016 4:22am
71Fish wrote:
I've seen them in concert a bunch, not sure how many times, between 7-10. For your TMI files, I don't know if "Pour Some Sugar On...

Maybe.

I have to agree the first two albums were pretty epic and maybe (maybe not) groundbreaking. Pyromania was really good, but geared more for radio, which is ok too. Pyromania was the first I heard of them before discovering their previous albums.

Everything since Pyromania has been good, but it all sounds the same IMO. When I saw them on their recent too, I'd swear I already heard songs earlier.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/5/2016 6:22am
hillbilly wrote:
Hated them. At that time it was all you heard on FM. It was a hard time till guns and roses then the grunge Seattle scene...
Hated them. At that time it was all you heard on FM.

It was a hard time till guns and roses then the grunge Seattle scene.

In the 80s i relied on late 60s rock and southern rock,blackfoot,outlaws,johnny van zant,foghat,Nazareth all toured thru a little rock club here, great place till my best friend was murdered there December 20th 1986.,they listed TOD as 21st but he was dead the second that bullet went thru his skull.

Molly hatchet, rossington collins,Marshall tucker, they all came thru regularly.
Check this list on youtube out Bro! Screw Def Lepers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAYqF5EHCPM&list=PLYCCW7ubODkKDeIUguSeo…
jasonv43
1/5/2016 8:13am
One of my favorite bands. Great album!!!
Pieter
1/5/2016 10:33am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I wasn't much of a fan of Hysteria, but I did like On through the Night, High n' Dry, and Pyromania. After Pyromania it just felt...
I feel the same way.
LoudLove
1/5/2016 11:27am
September 1981, second row seats at Atlanta's famous Fox Theater, on the "High & Dry" tour. Radio ran ads stating "the average age of the band is 19", while "Let It Go" was in constant rotation on local rock station WKLS.

The boys were in fine form and played an inspired set. DF were the primary reason I had purchased tickets, as they were opening for this guy named Ozzy Osbourne, and some dude on guitar named Randy Rhoads. Three songs into the Blizzard of Oz set it was "what the F am I hearing?!".
Utrider
Fantasy
1528th
1/5/2016 11:27am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 1:06pm
It's interesting you guys talking about the "old" Def Leppard albums (prior to Pyromania). This thread inspired me to mess around a bit and I came across the Viva Hysteria 2 disc set. It was recorded live while they were in Vegas.

Well most of the 2nd disc is by the "Greatest Def Leppard cover band in the world, Ded Flatbird" and included many of the "old" Def Leppard tunes. Very good listen if you enjoy the boys from Sheffield.

Joe Elliott has mentioned several times they don't play those songs, primarily because they were recorded "pre-Phil" and certainly Viv.
rosebud441
1/5/2016 12:20pm
I'm sorry but Def Leppard basically died just shortly after MTV got a hold of them..

They were a gritty little rock band then poof: Pour some sugar on me, Ugh..
Their best days were during the On through the Night and High and Dry after that idk.

I have had On trough the Night in heavy rotation for about a year i literally listen to it daily

lestat
8/30/2016 1:58am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Agreed . Hysteria was too much Mutt Lange .

Post a reply to: Def Leppard - Hysteria

The Latest