Crossbreed microclip holster

hvaughn88
Been trying to decide on a different holster for my LCP. I'm leaning towards a tuckable IWB, but just curious if anyone has used the crossbreed microclip? I typically wear a fairly slim fitting pant so I would prefer something that's not super bulky if I can get away with it. I also don't want to appendix carry.

PS: not trying to get into a "which caliber is better" debate or a "which method of self defense is better" or a gun debate whatsoever. Not trying to be a dick but those arguments have been done to death so I'd rather not rehash them.
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
1/11/2017 11:34pm
Have you seen the "clipcarry" or something like that? Been thinking of trying it.
Looks like it's just a normal clip for a pocketknife, screwed onto the side. They sell some for specific guns, and they have a universal one. Probably gotta drill and tap, only reason I ain't tried it yet Unsure
JRT812
1/12/2017 10:20am
I have personally never used the microclip, but I used a crossbreed supertuck to carry a Colt defender. It was a good product and I would still use it if I didn't sell the Colt. For some reason it's hard for me to find a IWB that i like, but the crossbreed was one I could live with.

The last holster I bought was a pocket holster for a Glock 42 and 43 from Alabama holster company. They have some IWB holsters that look really light and thin that I want to try. Outside of turnaround time, the holsters I purchased are really good products.
hvaughn88
1/12/2017 10:25am
JRT812 wrote:
I have personally never used the microclip, but I used a crossbreed supertuck to carry a Colt defender. It was a good product and I would...
I have personally never used the microclip, but I used a crossbreed supertuck to carry a Colt defender. It was a good product and I would still use it if I didn't sell the Colt. For some reason it's hard for me to find a IWB that i like, but the crossbreed was one I could live with.

The last holster I bought was a pocket holster for a Glock 42 and 43 from Alabama holster company. They have some IWB holsters that look really light and thin that I want to try. Outside of turnaround time, the holsters I purchased are really good products.
Good deal. I'm probably just gonna give it a try. I'm currently using the wallet holster and I like it, but just looking for something a little more discrete.

The Shop

JRT812
1/12/2017 10:29am
Are you talking about the pocket rocket or a holster shaped like a wallet that the gun slides into with a hole in the middle to pull the trigger?
hvaughn88
1/12/2017 10:38am
JRT812 wrote:
Are you talking about the pocket rocket or a holster shaped like a wallet that the gun slides into with a hole in the middle to...
Are you talking about the pocket rocket or a holster shaped like a wallet that the gun slides into with a hole in the middle to pull the trigger?
meant to quote you with that picture
agn5009
1/12/2017 5:17pm
I have a hanks leather IWB holster for my m&p shield. I hate it. It's extremely uncomfortable. It looks awesome and is some really nice handcrafted leather but I just can't do it. I also have the Alien gear IWB and OWB holsters. I like them much better. They seem large and are pretty damn ugly, but it fits really comfortably.
agn5009
1/12/2017 5:19pm
The hanks leather I'm not a fan of.

hvaughn88
1/12/2017 5:30pm
I went ahead and ordered a crossbreed this afternoon. I decided to go with the mini tuck instead of the micro clip. The reviews I read said they preferred the dual clips on the mini better than the single clip of the microclip. This is the one I ordered, hopefully I don't hate it:

captmoto
1/12/2017 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 7:24pm
I'm new to the concealed carry world and ordered a couple Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They were instantly comfortable but I need a good CCW belt. Let us know how you like that Crossbreed after awhile.
JRT812
1/13/2017 6:55am
captmoto wrote:
I'm new to the concealed carry world and ordered a couple Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They were instantly comfortable but I need a good CCW...
I'm new to the concealed carry world and ordered a couple Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They were instantly comfortable but I need a good CCW belt. Let us know how you like that Crossbreed after awhile.
It feels weird saying this lol, but I tried on my mothers's alien gear and it seemed huge. That is the problem I find with most IWB holsters. Either feels huge or heavy.
hvaughn88
1/13/2017 9:19am
captmoto wrote:
I'm new to the concealed carry world and ordered a couple Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They were instantly comfortable but I need a good CCW...
JRT812 wrote:
It feels weird saying this lol, but I tried on my mothers's alien gear and it seemed huge. That is the problem I find with most...
It feels weird saying this lol, but I tried on my mothers's alien gear and it seemed huge. That is the problem I find with most IWB holsters. Either feels huge or heavy.
That's my main concern with it because I tend to wear more slim fitting pants. I really wish I could have tried one on in person, but the shops here don't carry it. It's kind of expensive, relative to other holsters, but you get a 2 week time frame to decide if you like it. If you don't like it you can return it within that 2 weeks and get your money back.
JRT812
1/13/2017 9:51am
captmoto wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
It feels weird saying this lol, but I tried on my mothers's alien gear and it seemed huge. That is the problem I find with most...
hvaughn88 wrote:
That's my main concern with it because I tend to wear more slim fitting pants. I really wish I could have tried one on in person...
That's my main concern with it because I tend to wear more slim fitting pants. I really wish I could have tried one on in person, but the shops here don't carry it. It's kind of expensive, relative to other holsters, but you get a 2 week time frame to decide if you like it. If you don't like it you can return it within that 2 weeks and get your money back.
That's good and I think you will like it. The leather doesn't seem as thick as others
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/14/2017 10:27am
I have three of the Alien cloak 3.0 for my diffrent carry guns, I had a crossbreed super tuck that worked awsome but had to retire it when the dog got ahold of it. Th Alien is a better value and is every bit as good and in some ways better than the crossbreed but you cant go wrong with either brand. The origina Alien INW holster was a step below the crossbreed but they got it perfected with the cloak 3.0
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/14/2017 10:34am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2017 10:40am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I went ahead and ordered a crossbreed this afternoon. I decided to go with the mini tuck instead of the micro clip. The reviews I read...
I went ahead and ordered a crossbreed this afternoon. I decided to go with the mini tuck instead of the micro clip. The reviews I read said they preferred the dual clips on the mini better than the single clip of the microclip. This is the one I ordered, hopefully I don't hate it:

You wont hate it, it is a top of the line IWB holster. The best thing you can do is get a quality concelled carry belt also, it makes all the diffrence no matter what kind of holster you choose. I would have bought another crossbreed but I had to buy three of them and I got 20% off each Alien. YOU WILL LIKE THE CROSSBREED !!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/14/2017 10:45am
captmoto wrote:
You made a very good choice, I agree that a good CCW belt is a must have, it will make any holster more stable and keep the holster from wanting to pull out when you draw.
JPT
1/15/2017 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2017 1:09pm
I've got an LCR. Tried several holsters but the one I like best is this Ross behind the belt. I think it would work well with an LCP too.

agn5009
1/15/2017 3:37pm
JPT wrote:
I've got an LCR. Tried several holsters but the one I like best is this Ross behind the belt. I think it would work well with...
I've got an LCR. Tried several holsters but the one I like best is this Ross behind the belt. I think it would work well with an LCP too.

Doesn't it dig into your side? That's the problem I have with the Hanks leather holster I have. There's no flap behind the butt of the gun which makes it uncomfortable to me.
hvaughn88
1/15/2017 4:01pm
JPT wrote:
I've got an LCR. Tried several holsters but the one I like best is this Ross behind the belt. I think it would work well with...

I wouldn't mind something like that, I just need something I could still use when I need to tuck in my shirt
hvaughn88
1/15/2017 4:04pm
JPT wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Doesn't it dig into your side? That's the problem I have with the Hanks leather holster I have. There's no flap behind the butt of the...
Doesn't it dig into your side? That's the problem I have with the Hanks leather holster I have. There's no flap behind the butt of the gun which makes it uncomfortable to me.
This immediately made me think of this haha:

JPT
1/15/2017 4:21pm
agn5009 wrote:
Doesn't it dig into your side? That's the problem I have with the Hanks leather holster I have. There's no flap behind the butt of the...
Not really, very comfortable and the muzzle fits in the watch pocket so my shirt can get pulled up without exposing the weapon. It does not work with a tucked in shirt though.
jbracer247
1/17/2017 1:11am
I don't post alot but this is right up my alley. I carried a Glock 30 in a crossbreed Supertuck for the last 5 years. Only thing i wasn't real big on was that it's kind of big and can be hot in the summer. Definitely worth it because of how comfortable it is. I'm a bigger guy. 6'3 260. So the gun not rubbing against my sides is definitely an issue. I bought a Glock 19 and took a chance and ordered a raw dog tactical iwb just to give it a shot. they had it marked down to 38 from 58. I love it. Very comfortable. There is a small piece of leather behind the gun. The holster comes setup canted. Hides very well. I ended up ordering one for the 30 as well. Sorry for the long post but I'm passionate about Holsters. I a

hvaughn88
1/24/2017 6:43pm
Got the holster in last week and have been wearing it as much as possible since. I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll be honest, I did not have the highest of expectations because I just kinda figured it would be annoying. I was wrong. The horsehide leather is fantastic. I'm pleasantly surprised at how thin it is too. I really expected I would need to go up a size in pants, but that's not the case. My only complaint thus far is the rear clip can move a little bit when I'm driving, so I'm gonna play with the positioning of the clips and see if it helps with that at all.
JRT812
1/24/2017 7:47pm
Good deal and I knew you would enjoy it!

Post a reply to: Crossbreed microclip holster

The Latest