Congratulations Marquez

Canadad
11/12/2017 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2017 12:05pm
Unbelievable how this guy can ride a motorcycle, amazing to watch. Yamaha may have a difficult decision to make as Zarco needs to be on the factory bike, and one more thing.....Lorenzo is still a douche. Can’t wait for 2018!
|
JPT
11/12/2017 5:48pm
How Marquez saved that one I'll never know. Jorge said he was trying to tow Dovi up to the top 3 and he would have let him "bye".
Canadad
11/12/2017 6:02pm
How he saves those defies physics, too bad we don’t have a rider like him in moto, absolute phenom
BMSOBx2
11/12/2017 6:47pm
Zarco doesnt need the 17' Yamaha, it sucks. Ask Rossi. Marquez is an "alien" & yes, Lorenzo is a dick. Great season. The best motorsport racing on the planet.

The Shop

Canadad
11/12/2017 6:51pm
The Yamaha looked good at the beginning of the season and then got worse as the season progressed. Totally agree there is no better racing. BSB is entertaining also and you can catch it on YouTube.
JPT
11/12/2017 7:16pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Zarco doesnt need the 17' Yamaha, it sucks. Ask Rossi. Marquez is an "alien" & yes, Lorenzo is a dick. Great season. The best motorsport racing...
Zarco doesnt need the 17' Yamaha, it sucks. Ask Rossi. Marquez is an "alien" & yes, Lorenzo is a dick. Great season. The best motorsport racing on the planet.
73 lead changes at Phillip Island this year, incredible racing.
XXVoid MainXX
11/12/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2017 7:52pm
I never have cared for Lorenzo but I don't fault him for anything in this race.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/887320/1/did-lorenzo-do-right-thing

I don't personally care for team tactics in motorcycle racing anyway. If you're good enough to win the championship then you should be good enough to pass Lorenzo and all the rest of them. Pretty simple.
XXVoid MainXX
11/12/2017 7:56pm
Also regarding Marc's ability to save the bike after losing the front. Others have done it but most don't even try. I do cringe a little when he does it because that's basically what Marco Simoncelli was trying to do when we lost him.
JPT
11/12/2017 8:37pm
Also regarding Marc's ability to save the bike after losing the front. Others have done it but most don't even try. I do cringe a little...
Also regarding Marc's ability to save the bike after losing the front. Others have done it but most don't even try. I do cringe a little when he does it because that's basically what Marco Simoncelli was trying to do when we lost him.
Hadn't thought about that but you're right about Simoncelli. Ran him right back into Val.
JPT
11/12/2017 8:43pm
I never have cared for Lorenzo but I don't fault him for anything in this race. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/887320/1/did-lorenzo-do-right-thing I don't personally care for team tactics in motorcycle...

I don't personally care for team tactics in motorcycle racing anyway. If you're good enough to win the championship then you should be good enough to pass Lorenzo and all the rest of them. Pretty simple.
But you don't think dani was going to block for Marc? And no way was he going to pass him. Maybe not right but if one rider is getting help and the other isn't.

I was plenty mad when dani took Nicky out back in 2006. Still am, notice the small "d".
11/12/2017 11:09pm
I never have cared for Lorenzo but I don't fault him for anything in this race. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/887320/1/did-lorenzo-do-right-thing I don't personally care for team tactics in motorcycle...

Team tactics in any motorsport are a slippery slope. And while I agree, it's not aesthetically pleasing, what is the alternative? Iannone vs Dovi circa 2016????

On a track as tight as Valencia, passing is tough as it is and generally requires great risk and/or aggressive riding. Dovi clearly had the better pace early in the race and JLo was holding him up. A clean pass wasnt going to happen. So is Dovi supposed to hit his teammate? Risk both of them going down?

JLo is a douche. Always has been. His whole charade about how he was trying to tow Dovi to the front is laughable. What a fucktard. He wasnt towing anyone. Team orders arent ideal but they're a hell of a lot better than what JLo was doing. He was blocking for his fellow Spanish rider. Blocking his teammate no doubt.

JLo is as cutthroat as it gets. And he learned it from the best: ROSSI

All that said, I spoke to some friends from Italy, here were their comments....

- they spoke to Dovi privately, he wasnt upset, because by the time the team orders came his tire was gone
- Dovi had the pace early, burnt up his tire trying to get around JLo
- Ducati is acting calm in the press, but they are NOT happy with JLo's antics
11/13/2017 4:48am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 4:49am
Dovi diddn't have the pace all weekend.... Lorenzo towed him foreward, he was Dovi's only chance.
I'm far from a Lorenzo fan but the critique he's getting for 'not obeying team orders' is pure bullshit.
As soon as Lorenzo crashed out Dovi lost a lot of speed and crashed out in the end as well.

XXVoid MainXX
11/13/2017 5:39am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 6:04am
But you don't think dani was going to block for Marc? And no way was he going to pass him. Maybe not right but if one rider is getting help and the other isn't.

That would be team tactics and I wouldn't like it.

Team tactics in any motorsport are a slippery slope. And while I agree, it's not aesthetically pleasing, what is the alternative? Iannone vs Dovi circa 2016????

The alternative is to beat Lorenzo out of the gate. If you are better than him you should be able to do that. Motorcycle racing should be about doing the best YOU can do every single race. Not about helping someone else. Motorcycle racing should be an individual sport, not a team sport. That's just my opinion. Much like I think instant replay is a bad thing in all team sports. It's my opinion and one of the main reason I don't watch them anymore.

In motorcycle racing it should be "may the best man win". If a racer wins because of team tactics then the best "man" doesn't win. I believe "blocking" is actually against the MotoGP rules although it's certainly hard to prove intentions. Remember that race a couple of years back with Rossi, Marc and Lorenzo with the Rossi/Marquez incident? Some would say that was fun to watch. Yeah, I suppose it is, until someone gets seriously hurt from it. When you become unpredictable on the racetrack things get very sketchy.

Bottom line is, if Dovi wasn't fast enough to take it to the front for the win, that's nobody's fault but Dovi.
11/13/2017 5:53am
Never seen anyone pull off the type of saves that MM does, full on sliding the front and leaving rubber down, unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised to see him claim more of Rossis records in the future.
Canadad
11/13/2017 6:21am
Team tactics aside, how about a little respect. It's the last race of the season and the championship has come down to 2 riders. You do not get in the way of that championship especially if it is your own teammate. The guy could not get it done all year and decides to make a statement in the last race....total douche. It appeared Dovi had the pace early to at least make it a race but alas we were robbed of that. It is highly unlikely the outcome would have been any different but to stay in front of your teammate AND crash out doing it is sad. I am a huge Rossi fan but this Marquez kid is awesome to watch.

Great to get some discussion going on MotoGP, at least we can all agree that 2017 was a very entertaining year Wink
BMSOBx2
11/13/2017 8:41am
I cannot believe that Ducati's happy with Lorenzo.I dont think there will be happy faces on the team next year either. No matter what team he is on there is always hard feelings. This year was a huge blow to his ego because he was not the teams star.
Huge props to Marquez for refusing to take 2nd place & putting it all on the line to win.
Canadad
11/14/2017 6:35am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Zarco doesnt need the 17' Yamaha, it sucks. Ask Rossi. Marquez is an "alien" & yes, Lorenzo is a dick. Great season. The best motorsport racing...
GD2
Fantasy
854th
11/14/2017 10:11am
Dude is insanely talented.
BMSOBx2
11/14/2017 12:05pm
Canadad wrote:
Yeah I read that a couple days ago. The weird thing is in testing at Valencia Vinales is fastest on the 2016 and Zarkos right with him on the 2017 that he & Rossi don't like. Tires? Very strange.

Post a reply to: Congratulations Marquez

The Latest