4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Colorado shootings

robkinuk

C100_fim_licence

Posts: 2541

Joined: 5/16/2007

Location: Ashbourne, GBR

7/20/2012 4:50 AM

What a trerrible tragedy, a maniac shooting 14 dead and wounding over 50 at midnight premiere of new Batman film in Aurora Colorado.
Prayers and thoughts with families who lost loved ones and for the services having to deal with such mindless slaughter.

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2637

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

7/20/2012 5:07 AM

Just terrible! I hope there will be no more casualties. Over 50 wounded - that`s insane!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

426Hemi

C100

Posts: 778

Joined: 4/15/2011

Location: FM, USA

7/20/2012 5:08 AM

Children involved as well. Very sad.

Go Dungey!

robkinuk

C100_fim_licence

Posts: 2541

Joined: 5/16/2007

Location: Ashbourne, GBR

7/20/2012 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 9:07 AM

Just been looking at Denver map. I used to go out with a girl Linda, who lived nr Cherry Creek reservoir just down road from Aurora. Know the area well.

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

jtomasik

C100_manning_melon_for_website_1406229807

Posts: 15256

Joined: 8/17/2006

Location: Golden, CO USA

7/20/2012 6:38 AM

Wow. What a fucked up culture we have.

vet323

C100_copy_of_41913

Posts: 2876

Joined: 7/31/2010

Location: Lead, SD USA

7/20/2012 6:53 AM

jtomasik wrote: Wow. What a fucked up culture we have.

Can you blame culture for the actions of a deranged person?

jtomasik

C100_manning_melon_for_website_1406229807

Posts: 15256

Joined: 8/17/2006

Location: Golden, CO USA

7/20/2012 7:03 AM

jtomasik wrote: Wow. What a fucked up culture we have.

vet323 wrote: Can you blame culture for the actions of a deranged person?

When the culture's sitting on some of the highest per capita crime rates for a technological nation, you're damn right I can. We do a very shitty job of maintaining family structure and raising our kids under a watchful eye.

vet323

C100_copy_of_41913

Posts: 2876

Joined: 7/31/2010

Location: Lead, SD USA

7/20/2012 7:14 AM

jtomasik wrote: Wow. What a fucked up culture we have.

vet323 wrote: Can you blame culture for the actions of a deranged person?

jtomasik wrote: When the culture's sitting on some of the highest per capita crime rates for a technological nation, you're damn right I can. We do a very shitty job of maintaining family structure and raising our kids under a watchful eye.

That crazy dude who shot 80 people in Norway last year........what was the per capita crime rate of his country?

You don't know how this guy was raised. I don't think you can create a culture that protects everyone from crazy people.

cjmx

C100_g0210407_1415987698

Posts: 633

Joined: 9/25/2006

Location: Denver, CO USA

7/20/2012 7:18 AM

awful news to wake up to.

jtomasik

C100_manning_melon_for_website_1406229807

Posts: 15256

Joined: 8/17/2006

Location: Golden, CO USA

7/20/2012 7:30 AM

vet323 wrote: Can you blame culture for the actions of a deranged person?

jtomasik wrote: When the culture's sitting on some of the highest per capita crime rates for a technological nation, you're damn right I can. We do a very shitty job of maintaining family structure and raising our kids under a watchful eye.

vet323 wrote: That crazy dude who shot 80 people in Norway last year........what was the per capita crime rate of his country?

You don't know how this guy was raised. I don't think you can create a culture that protects everyone from crazy people.

That's a data point. Look at the overall statistics. And, why aim for the low bar? Is that what you do with your life? I sure as hell don't. I try being better than everyone. I don't succeed, but that's where my goals are. If you're satisfied with your country to be in the bottom half of the planet, have at it, pal.

Overall, we do have serious problems here when it comes to respect, raising our kids, and our crime rates. Stories like this remind me of Columbine, which I happened to have lived about a third of a mile from when it happened, and my son presently goes there. Harris and Klebold's parents just weren't paying attention to their children. It wasn't the school's fault, it wasn't the other students' fault, it wasn't the cops fault, it wasn't anyone's fault but the parents. Plain and fucking simple.

vet323

C100_copy_of_41913

Posts: 2876

Joined: 7/31/2010

Location: Lead, SD USA

7/20/2012 7:36 AM

jt- I don't know anything about this guy or how he was raised, so I won't get into it now. I think we can argue about it later when we know more and it isn't such a raw story.

It's a sad story and I feel bad for everyone involved (as we all do).

tbanks

C100_james_1368824316

Posts: 1478

Joined: 5/28/2011

Location: Great Mills, MD USA

7/20/2012 7:39 AM

Such a sad thing to see. Prayers to all the families effected.

I actually saw the movie last night as well, and hearing this I recognize this could have happened to me. It's sort of easy to believe how some of these folks thought the gunshots were simply coming from the movie.

What a crazy world we live in.

Keep the 2-stroke alive.

KX 125 #938

BUTCH

C100_mefytaf04f_eqing9wefhqa_1_1391479191

Posts: 5429

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: WA, USA

7/20/2012 7:46 AM

This kinda thing is happening all over our country. It's only been about a month that some crazy shot up a coffee shop up here in Seattle, killing 6 people. RIP to those that lost their lives and best wishes to those who were injured for a speedy recovery. So awefull.

HOLY SCHNITZENGRUBEN! WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

reded

C100_bailey_gainesville85_001

Posts: 2077

Joined: 3/26/2011

Location: KS, USA

7/20/2012 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 8:23 AM

This kind of stuff wouldn't happen if the authorities would have just taken that dickweed out in the parking lot, shot him in the head and hauled him off. I believe in an eye for an eye and that's what we're gonna have to go back to in order to get things turned around. No one gives a fuck about laws anymore because there's no accountability anymore. I guarantee you if that sick sonuvabitch knew that he was going to get a bullet to the head as soon as he walked out of that theater he would have reversed his decision. Instead, he'll get consecutive life sentences and I'll have to pay for that fuckin moran to live in a prison for the next 70 yrs.

End rant.

Motocross83

C100_untitled_1_1412462194

Posts: 3684

Joined: 7/9/2010

Location: GBR

7/20/2012 8:22 AM

Just awful. People go out for a good night together, family and kids... and some sicko does this.

It does seem to happen everywhere though. We had one in go on a killing spree not too long ago in England. And that's with very strict fire arm laws, so idk.... Out of millions of people it just takes one maniac I guess.

My thoughts towards the families.

Mr. G

C100_96611640_1265468041

Posts: 4608

Joined: 12/23/2009

Location: Orange, CA USA

7/20/2012 8:29 AM

Most of the time when a person suddenly goes berserk like this they are under the influence of Psych drugs. I have not been able to find any data about James as of yet but most of the time this is what has occurred. It is not surprising since the drug manufacturers warn us about this effect, as has been known for a long time. As horrible as this story is it happens almost every day, just on a smaller scale.

reded

C100_bailey_gainesville85_001

Posts: 2077

Joined: 3/26/2011

Location: KS, USA

7/20/2012 8:35 AM

Seems a little too "pre-meditated" with the tear gas, carrying four weapons and booby trapping his apartment to be a spur of the moment, drug induced, mood swing.

4stroke4DWIN

C100_mg_0305_3547520256_o_1416440711

Posts: 2377

Joined: 1/15/2012

Location: Mesa, AZ USA

7/20/2012 8:50 AM

Crazy people everywhere. Rip for the innocents lost.

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)




Torco1

C100_milestone2of2_1414441175

Posts: 5870

Joined: 4/27/2007

Location: Corona, CA USA

7/20/2012 8:57 AM

It's crazy to think something like this could happen to anyone of us at any given time. You never know when some psycho is going to finally snap and do this. You could be going to the grocery store like normal and some sicko could open fire on everyone there. You cant stop living your life though, you just have to hope you're not in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also know it's hard to say what you would do in this situation, but I like to think that I wouldn't go out without a fight. If I know there's a good chance that I'm going to die, I would do my best to fight the fucker(s) to the very end.

FastEddy

C100_capture_1411797968

Posts: 12327

Joined: 8/3/2008

Location: WA, USA

7/20/2012 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 9:05 AM

reded wrote: Seems a little too "pre-meditated" with the tear gas, carrying four weapons and booby trapping his apartment to be a spur of the moment, drug induced, mood swing.

All I know is...he was heavily involved with the OWS movement.

This is the apartment the FBI is searching (that was supposed to booby trapped ect..).
James E Holmes, 1690 Paris St, Apt 10, Aurora, CO 80010-2918 http://i.imgur.com/eiWWr.jpg
His DOB is, December 13th 1987.
He is originally from from San Diego CA.

robkinuk

C100_fim_licence

Posts: 2541

Joined: 5/16/2007

Location: Ashbourne, GBR

7/20/2012 9:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 9:08 AM

Sort of makes a mockery of the Discovery channel show's "American Guns" and "Sons of Guns" that kinda glorify how destructive weapons are.
Seems like Holmes was a well tooled up psycho, wonder what his back ground was?
It's of little consequence but this crazy act must damage the future attendance at cinema's and the Batman film.

Maybe the studio could do something to raise money for the families affected?

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

jtomasik

C100_manning_melon_for_website_1406229807

Posts: 15256

Joined: 8/17/2006

Location: Golden, CO USA

7/20/2012 9:05 AM

Torco1 wrote: It's crazy to think something like this could happen to anyone of us at any given time. You never know when some psycho is going to finally snap and do this. You could be going to the grocery store like normal and some sicko could open fire on everyone there. You cant stop living your life though, you just have to hope you're not in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also know it's hard to say what you would do in this situation, but I like to think that I wouldn't go out without a fight. If I know there's a good chance that I'm going to die, I would do my best to fight the fucker(s) to the very end.

Doesn't completely solve the problem, but it makes any confrontation like this a little more even-steven, yanno? If the nutcases can have guns, so can I.

Colorado Concealed Weapons Permit

FastEddy

C100_capture_1411797968

Posts: 12327

Joined: 8/3/2008

Location: WA, USA

7/20/2012 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 9:16 AM

robkinuk wrote: Sort of makes a mockery of the Discovery channel show's "American Guns" and "Sons of Guns" that kinda glorify how destructive weapons are.
Seems like Holmes was a well tooled up psycho, wonder what his back ground was?
It's of little consequence but this crazy act must damage the future attendance at cinema's and the Batman film.

Maybe the studio could do something to raise money for the families affected?

He was going to school in Colorrado working on his Ph.D. Neuroscience I believe at University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver.
I guess he was un-enrolling in school though,or he did in June.

This is him...


and another...

reded

C100_bailey_gainesville85_001

Posts: 2077

Joined: 3/26/2011

Location: KS, USA

7/20/2012 9:14 AM

Not to go off topic here but I've never understood the Concealed Carry Permit. Why does it have to be concealed? Why can't we get a permit and carry a gun right out in the open on our hip?

Hman144

C100_2448_47615a879553c

Posts: 1060

Joined: 12/4/2007

Location: York, PA USA

7/20/2012 9:15 AM

reded wrote: Seems a little too "pre-meditated" with the tear gas, carrying four weapons and booby trapping his apartment to be a spur of the moment, drug induced, mood swing.

FastEddy wrote: All I know is...he was heavily involved with the OWS movement.

This is the apartment the FBI is searching (that was supposed to booby trapped ect..).
James E Holmes, 1690 Paris St, Apt 10, Aurora, CO 80010-2918 http://i.imgur.com/eiWWr.jpg
His DOB is, December 13th 1987.
He is originally from from San Diego CA.

Hadn't heard the OWS connection yet. In fact, this morning, one of the national network shows mentioned that he was a tea party member.

Thought it odd that of the scant info available on the guy this morning, the one thing they'd mention was that he was a tea partier.

Now the OWS thing. Was he allied with one side and infiltrating the other?

H

FastEddy

C100_capture_1411797968

Posts: 12327

Joined: 8/3/2008

Location: WA, USA

7/20/2012 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2012 9:21 AM

Hman144 wrote: Hadn't heard the OWS connection yet. In fact, this morning, one of the national network shows mentioned that he was a tea party member.

Thought it odd that of the scant info available on the guy this morning, the one thing they'd mention was that he was a tea partier.

Now the OWS thing. Was he allied with one side and infiltrating the other?

H

He was a Occupy (OWS) Black Bloc Member.
My source isn't the media.... it's private investigators.
The media just rattles off hear say.

spd721

C100_94784580_1253738111

Posts: 1188

Joined: 9/23/2009

Location: Fenton, MO USA

7/20/2012 9:21 AM

reded wrote: Not to go off topic here but I've never understood the Concealed Carry Permit. Why does it have to be concealed? Why can't we get a permit and carry a gun right out in the open on our hip?

Is some states, you don't need a permit to open carry.

Jabroni

C100

Posts: 2405

Joined: 12/5/2011

Location: Philadelphia, PA USA

7/20/2012 9:25 AM

Who knows if he was really a member of the OWS movement.

Events like these will be used for all sorts of political purposes.

First and foremost, expect more of our freedoms to come under attack in the future. Despite the chances of something crazy like this happening to any of us or anyone we know being nearly zero, it will be blown up, paranoia will run high, and everyone will hand over their freedom's willingly in the name of "safety".


There is no telling what his motives are at this point. But all too often when tragedies like this occur, we later learn that it wasnt just some random incident by a lunatic (JFK, OKC bombings, 9/11). Let's all hold our horses for once, and reserve judgement until all the dust settles... or is that too much to ask?

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

reded

C100_bailey_gainesville85_001

Posts: 2077

Joined: 3/26/2011

Location: KS, USA

7/20/2012 9:25 AM

reded wrote: Not to go off topic here but I've never understood the Concealed Carry Permit. Why does it have to be concealed? Why can't we get a permit and carry a gun right out in the open on our hip?

spd721 wrote: Is some states, you don't need a permit to open carry.

Correct but most cities have an ordinance against open carry and I'm not sure why. If some jackweed sees a few cowboys in the audience with heat strapped to their hip, he's most likely not going to cause any trouble.

Jabroni

C100

Posts: 2405

Joined: 12/5/2011

Location: Philadelphia, PA USA

7/20/2012 9:30 AM

Mr. G wrote: Most of the time when a person suddenly goes berserk like this they are under the influence of Psych drugs. I have not been able to find any data about James as of yet but most of the time this is what has occurred. It is not surprising since the drug manufacturers warn us about this effect, as has been known for a long time. As horrible as this story is it happens almost every day, just on a smaller scale.

Not a bad assumption here at all.

But dont expect the pharmaceuticals to let the news report anything to us of the dangers of their drugs.

People will just blame guns and our freedoms will be further under attack.




One day we're going to need to get finger print scans just to enter a movie theater because of incidents like this and due to the general public's knee-jerk mentality, they will be all for it.

Sometimes I think incidents like this are part of a greater plan to get us all to willingly give up our rights. Either way, this tragedy will be exploited in a negative way in some fashion by the "lawmakers".

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

Post a Reply to: Colorado shootings

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm