Colorado 2017

XXVoid MainXX
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 1:23pm
Colorado 2017 Part 1 - Black Canyon

This is part 1 of what will probably be 5 or 6 parts (just finished this one).
|
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/4/2017 1:08pm
Excellent!! Beautiful country there. Absolutly love that place. Takes my mind off this hurricane that is coming among other life hurdles.
Old-Man
9/5/2017 10:16am
Dig it! Great Vid, Nice selection of music too. We just missed you, we were there this Labor day weekend in Ouray, took the Pass over to Telluride. We visit Telluride often that's where we prefer to Ski rather then the congested I-70 slopes (Vail, Copper ect.) In the second Vid Telluride I had to take a second look at 3:59. That Blue Truck looks just like mine but has the Chrome grill.

You guys probably hauled your bikes to Colorado then took off?
Look forward to the up coming Vids

XXVoid MainXX
9/5/2017 1:56pm
Yeah we trailered out there. Kansas is just too much. Smile We watched the Eclipse from the top of the Ouray Brewery. Smile I think that's the next video I have to make actually which will also include the Million Dollar Highway and Mesa Verde.

The Shop

Old-Man
9/5/2017 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2017 9:59pm

I hear ya, I had to go through Kansas SIX friggen times this summer. from Colorado springs to Toledo, Ohio
Ever take the Train from Silverton to Durango?
I put together a vid way back before HD if you like to check it out? (Don't wanna take over your thread)
huck
9/6/2017 5:46am
Looks like a blast. My son and I just got back from out there (a couple weeks ago). Before he started college, we flew to Denver and rented a Ferrari to hit the hills with. I would have rather been on bikes, but he's never really ridden, so I figured a 550hp car would be safer. Wink We stayed 3 days and saw some amazing sights. It's amazing how pretty it is out there.

XXVoid MainXX
9/6/2017 6:45am
That's awesome huck. It's incredible out there and I can't get enough of it. We rode over Independence pass last year on the bikes.
XXVoid MainXX
9/6/2017 6:46am
Old-Man wrote:
I hear ya, I had to go through Kansas SIX friggen times this summer. from Colorado springs to Toledo, Ohio Ever take the Train from Silverton...

I hear ya, I had to go through Kansas SIX friggen times this summer. from Colorado springs to Toledo, Ohio
Ever take the Train from Silverton to Durango?
I put together a vid way back before HD if you like to check it out? (Don't wanna take over your thread)
Post it up! Never did the train but rode through Silverton and Durango a couple of times.
huck
9/6/2017 6:54am
That's awesome huck. It's incredible out there and I can't get enough of it. We rode over Independence pass last year on the bikes.
We passed a lot of bikes and talked about making this an annual trip, and trying bikes next time. I like on Independence Pass where it says "road narrows". We both looked and said "It's already narrow!"....but we both stand corrected. lol It got narrower!! Wink

I'd never been out there, other than to ski. If it weren't for all the f-ing liberals running around, it would be totally awesome!
Old-Man
9/6/2017 9:20am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 9:22am
huck wrote:
We passed a lot of bikes and talked about making this an annual trip, and trying bikes next time. I like on Independence Pass where it...
We passed a lot of bikes and talked about making this an annual trip, and trying bikes next time. I like on Independence Pass where it says "road narrows". We both looked and said "It's already narrow!"....but we both stand corrected. lol It got narrower!! Wink

I'd never been out there, other than to ski. If it weren't for all the f-ing liberals running around, it would be totally awesome!
Yes, You do have a lot of them there snowflakes. I blame it on John Denver. all his songs talk about laying back and getting high hanging out in the Mountains ~ wait.... that sound like a good Idea. then the weed deal.

You wanna see a narrow road Huck try Bear Pass

I didn't take these just pulled them off "Bear Pass" pics Not the same jeep but just giving ya an Idea what happenes when folks think their "Kickass" Jeep can do and doesn't, Many folks Die from not respecting the Mountain.

On another note you really don't get the hair standing vibe from a road......really have to "get in the Mountains" to get that feeling.
Old-Man
9/6/2017 9:29am
Post it up! Never did the train but rode through Silverton and Durango a couple of times.
It's kinda jumpy at the beginning, I needed to edit it much better but it was my first, remember it's not HD But check out the View when the train get higher up Man....Nothing but Beautiful Mountains forever it seems.

huck
9/6/2017 10:57am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 11:11am
Old-Man wrote:
Yes, You do have a lot of them there snowflakes. I blame it on John Denver. all his songs talk about laying back and getting high...
Yes, You do have a lot of them there snowflakes. I blame it on John Denver. all his songs talk about laying back and getting high hanging out in the Mountains ~ wait.... that sound like a good Idea. then the weed deal.

You wanna see a narrow road Huck try Bear Pass

I didn't take these just pulled them off "Bear Pass" pics Not the same jeep but just giving ya an Idea what happenes when folks think their "Kickass" Jeep can do and doesn't, Many folks Die from not respecting the Mountain.

On another note you really don't get the hair standing vibe from a road......really have to "get in the Mountains" to get that feeling.
Dang...I don't think our rental would have done too well on those roads. Smile

https://youtu.be/N0M6-eQaVHc?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
Old-Man
9/6/2017 11:05am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 11:06am
Haa, I wasn't meaning take the Ferrari. I bet that thing was a blast on the windy roads, looks like you two had a blast. Is your son going to school out here?
huck
9/6/2017 11:14am
Old-Man wrote:
Haa, I wasn't meaning take the Ferrari. I bet that thing was a blast on the windy roads, looks like you two had a blast. Is...
Haa, I wasn't meaning take the Ferrari. I bet that thing was a blast on the windy roads, looks like you two had a blast. Is your son going to school out here?
No, he's going to Arkansas State...but that was his 'reward' for getting a high enough score on his ACT, for me to not have to pay tuition. Wink
Old-Man
9/6/2017 11:19am
Old-Man wrote:
Haa, I wasn't meaning take the Ferrari. I bet that thing was a blast on the windy roads, looks like you two had a blast. Is...
huck wrote:
No, he's going to Arkansas State...but that was his 'reward' for getting a high enough score on his ACT, for me to not have to pay...
No, he's going to Arkansas State...but that was his 'reward' for getting a high enough score on his ACT, for me to not have to pay tuition. Wink
Holy shiz you saved a bunch a money, Good Parents= Good Kid!
huck
9/6/2017 11:22am
Old-Man wrote:
Holy shiz you saved a bunch a money, Good Parents= Good Kid!
Marginal parents (at least one of them) + some luck = good kid. Wink
XXVoid MainXX
9/6/2017 2:30pm
Old-Man wrote:
It's kinda jumpy at the beginning, I needed to edit it much better but it was my first, remember it's not HD But check out the...
It's kinda jumpy at the beginning, I needed to edit it much better but it was my first, remember it's not HD But check out the View when the train get higher up Man....Nothing but Beautiful Mountains forever it seems.

Awesome views! Experiencing the engineering of things like that is another reason I love going out there. I can't imagine building that stuff way back when.
Old-Man
9/6/2017 8:15pm
The Ferrari would be fun on highway 92 and 550 though! Smile
Yes, Million dollar hwy would be cool for a road race (Cars, Bikes..ect.), timed laps to Silverton then same back to Ouray
Old-Man
9/6/2017 8:18pm
Awesome views! Experiencing the engineering of things like that is another reason I love going out there. I can't imagine building that stuff way back when.
No shit, some of those drop offs are wicked. Imagine setting your sledge down and it slips on down the Mountain.

We plan on taking another trip, this time i'll have the HD camWink
huck
9/7/2017 5:43am
The Ferrari would be fun on highway 92 and 550 though! Smile
How long were you guys out there? Did you have your routes planned before you went, or just wing it?
XXVoid MainXX
9/7/2017 9:59am
We planned out some general routes for each area but didn't commit to which day to do them. We figured we would play that by ear depending on weather although weather ended up not being a huge factor in our decisions. We did have reservations at specific hotels for specific days though so we had routes in each general area. This is how it broke down:

Day 1) Left home Friday morning and stayed over night in Burlington, CO.

Day 2) Got to Montrose Saturday afternoon and checked into the Holiday Inn, then unloaded the bikes and rode until dark. We did the Black Canyon (1st video) and the 92 loop that first Saturday afternoon.

Day 3) Sunday we rode to Telluride and did the 141 loop (2nd video).

Day 4) Monday we did 550 (Million Dollar Highway) to Durango. Stopped in Ouray on the way down for some touristy stuff and watched the Eclipse from the top of the Ouray Brewery. From Durango we went over to Mesa Verde and checked out the cliff dwellings. Then up the west side of the mountains on 145. Got back after dark again mostly because of all the time messing around in Ouray with the eclipse.

Day 5) Tuesday we took it a little easier and rode over to Gunnison for lunch, then up to Taylor Park Reservoir (or old dirt bike stomping grounds), then up to Crested Butte for some touristy stuff and a brew at the Saloon, then back to Montrose, making a quick (literally) run up 92 and back on the way.

Day 6) Wednesday we rode from Montrose up to Grand Junction and over to Moab Utah, stopped in at the Arches National park and checked out the scenery and had lunch and a brew at the Moab Brewery.

Day 7) Left Montrose Thursday morning and headed back to Colorado Springs. Unloaded the bikes and tried to go up Pikes Peak and when we got to the gate they said they just closed the upper half because it was snowing, so we turned around and went back to the hotel and got in the truck and went sight seeing in Mantou Springs instead. Went to Garden of the Gods, checked out the cog railway station and the start of Barr Trail, then over to have a steak at the Roundhouse Brewery.

Day 8) We got in line at Pikes Peak Friday morning right before they opened. Had awesome weather playing around on the mountain in the morning. Rode back and loaded everything up and checked out of the Hotel and started heading for home. Stopped at a Hotel in Kansas (we booked it en route).

Day 9) Home just after noon on Saturday.

Great and very full trip.
Old-Man
9/7/2017 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 4:28pm
Garden of the Gods is Beautiful, another must stop for anyone coming to Colorado.
We used to go up to the Peak then do 50 push-up's and see how long it took us to catch our breathBlink I'll remind you "Used to"
We like going to Manitou aswell, Hell's Kitchen is the Bomb....see all the snowflakes that hang there?Grinning

Sounds like a killer trip, have to try and say hi next time through. show ya some cool Mountain drives here in the springs.
Old-Man
9/17/2017 12:23am
OK, Have to say Sir that this is one of your best vids yet young Man. Of course I am partial to Ouray and The 550 route (Million Dollar HWY) Because we have interest there.

The Money shot? All of the shots looking down at Ouray and at MT, ABRAMS. Has to be one of the most photogenic areas on the West coast.

Your money shot was at 2:13 Nothing like a shot of unexpecting friends during an eclipse .

Your on par with what we (our Backyard racing Buds gone Elder) & friends love to do year end and year out.
Have to join us or we'll join you in a TIN-CUP Camping trip.

The nights deep in the Mountain valley in TINCUP are something everyone should hear, Bears, Mtn cats..ect...

Wake up to the sounds of .........Nothing
make breakfast, get on bikes and ride till hearts content.

Damn did I go to far? I'm in a trance..Sorry.

XXVoid MainXX
9/17/2017 6:04am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2017 6:06am
Thank you sir. I don't have the bike for a Tincup ride at the moment although my buddy is picking up an Africa Twin tomorrow and I need to get something similar soon. I did just pick up a 1290 Super Duke yesterday for next year's Pikes Peak race:

I guess I could easily ride it up to Tincup from the Taylor Park Reservoir side though. We used to stay in Alpine and I am used to riding to Tincup up the Tincup pass side. That would be no bueno on the Super Duke. Smile
Old-Man
9/17/2017 12:30pm
Nice Ride!
If you're going to Pikes Peak Hill climb Race then maybe I'll see you there, We volunteer for the race every year.
XXVoid MainXX
9/18/2017 11:39am
Yeah, I just hope I get accepted. A guy I raced against ran it a few years ago but he ended up crashing and breaking his leg. I'll try not to do that. Smile

Post a reply to: Colorado 2017

The Latest