Cheap way to frame old moto posters ??

Edited Date/Time 6/17/2019 1:30am
I'd like to start framing some of the cooler autographed moto posters / rider cards that I've collected in the pits at various races throughout the years. Anyone know a cheap way to make custom frames? The sizes are all over the place. I know real deal custom framing is NOT cheap, but I'm literally just looking for something down and dirty cheap, so the garage walls have a little more finished look, and not so fan-boy...

I'm envisioning some kind of cheap black metal molding that I can miter cut to size and attach with little L brackets... Anyone following me here? Thanks in advance for ideas
|
mxb2
1/3/2017 10:17pm
I'd like to start framing some of the cooler autographed moto posters / rider cards that I've collected in the pits at various races throughout the...
I'd like to start framing some of the cooler autographed moto posters / rider cards that I've collected in the pits at various races throughout the years. Anyone know a cheap way to make custom frames? The sizes are all over the place. I know real deal custom framing is NOT cheap, but I'm literally just looking for something down and dirty cheap, so the garage walls have a little more finished look, and not so fan-boy...

I'm envisioning some kind of cheap black metal molding that I can miter cut to size and attach with little L brackets... Anyone following me here? Thanks in advance for ideas
Craft store sells frames.
1/4/2017 8:11pm
^^^ then if they don't make the exact size, put some construction paper of your choice be hind the edges to make it look a little more fitting in the frame. My wife and i went to Hobby Lobby and got some frames (they were having a half off sale) for some concert bills for my basement. Or you can just turn the silly paper picture around to use white. I think it cost us $75 for six or seven frames.
Rooster
1/4/2017 9:20pm
Ikea and amazon both have cheap poster frames.
borg
1/5/2017 6:32am
Go to the molding department at Home Depot and get some casing that you like and attach it some hardboad. I've never done it but it sound cheap and easy.

The Shop

KMC440
6/15/2019 1:47pm
Old rear sprokets make cool frames. Cover an ugly frame with moto stickers. Trim down an old pair of goggles. Lots of ways to make some cool frames.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
6/17/2019 1:24am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2019 1:29am
Made a frame out my sons trashed ktm pro jr. rim. The rim is the same one in the pic. Pretty easy. Blew up the picture, glued it to some black paper to make the border, cut it the same size as the rim, laminated it, siliconed it to rim, hung it with fishing string

Post a reply to: Cheap way to frame old moto posters ??

The Latest