Chargers Moving to LA

1/14/2017 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2017 11:18am
NV825 wrote:
I think the Raiders to LV will end up getting approved. NV has put up a record amount of public money, and the Raiders have secured...
I think the Raiders to LV will end up getting approved. NV has put up a record amount of public money, and the Raiders have secured financing with Goldman Sachs if things can't get worked out with Adelson. I don't see the other owners just letting that walk by when they each get a cut of the relocation fees. Vegas is a huge draw from the entire SoCal market, and it would be very convenient having the team being just down the street in their favorite playground. This could also get the SoCal fans to subscribe/watch more games on TV too.

I then see expansion happening with a second team being a favorite with brand new tech owners in the Bay Area. This gives the 49ers a second tenant.

Also, I've given up my allegiance to the Chargers. I'm a free agent fan for 2017.
Goldman Sachs isn't putting up any money. They were hired to broker the transaction. Big difference. Any media that is claiming that Sachs is a actual financier in this deal just goes to show they are speculating. Im not. I got that info from the horse's mouth.

Adelson will likely back out. And even when the Raiders back out, there are contingencies in place. Nobody reads the small print. But that new stadium can be built for much less than the huge price tag that's been reported. Adelson's $650m arent essential. Nor is the $500m from the Raiders.

Funny. The Raiders will put up $500m and pay another $550m relocation fee when a new stadium in Oakland is estimated to cost about $1.2b. That makes very little financial sense. Especially considering the revenue potential in the Bay Area is much higher than that of the Vegas area. The only way the NFL would allow this is if their was a ulterior gain to be made by having the Raiders in LV. There isnt tho. It hurts the league's overall negotiating power with the TV networks. CBS is already upset that their TV deal includes mostly teams in the smaller markets compared to the east coast heavy NFC. A move to Vegas would further strain relations with the TV network.

Relocation fees are not as valuable as TV money. Moving the Rams and Chargers to LA not only generated relocation fee revenue for each owner, it moved the teams to bigger/more valuable TV markets. It's a no-brainer.

Vegas is indeed a huge draw from the entire SoCal market. That's why the Raiders chose it to strike up a deal. It's a shot across the bow of Kroenke and the Rams. If you think Kroenke is going to allow this move you're nuts. It will hurt his wallet. That's why Im so confident in all of this. Mark Davis versus the owner of Walmart? C'mon.

This is the equivalent of JLaw's AM/PM team getting into a feud with Factory Honda. That fight is over before it begins.
S.Loyer
1/15/2017 6:14am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2017 6:15am

jj welks
1/16/2017 2:00pm
Thanks for all that juicyiness Jabroni
1/16/2017 7:22pm
What I don't get about the San Diego ballot initiative been shot down is that it was a hotel tax. It was not going to come out of tax payers pockets.

The Shop

2/1/2017 8:26pm
jj welks wrote:
You're welcome.

Im looking pretty smart at the moment, being that over the last 48 hrs both Sheldon Adelson & Goldman Sachs have officially pulled out of any stadium talks in Las Vegas.

The Raiders are scrambling to save face in the media. It's pretty ugly. They've gone as far as to leak to the press that they are going to set their sights on San Diego. Then today Commissioner Roger Goodell came out publicly to kill that idea. The Raiders are laughable in their lack of self awareness. What a amateur organization.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
2/2/2017 9:45am
jj welks wrote:
You're welcome. Im looking pretty smart at the moment, being that over the last 48 hrs both Sheldon Adelson & Goldman Sachs have officially pulled out...
You're welcome.

Im looking pretty smart at the moment, being that over the last 48 hrs both Sheldon Adelson & Goldman Sachs have officially pulled out of any stadium talks in Las Vegas.

The Raiders are scrambling to save face in the media. It's pretty ugly. They've gone as far as to leak to the press that they are going to set their sights on San Diego. Then today Commissioner Roger Goodell came out publicly to kill that idea. The Raiders are laughable in their lack of self awareness. What a amateur organization.
You were right so far, and the last piece of the puzzle is the Raiders to Santa Clara.

Especially after the Raiders requested a $1 annual rent of the stadium with complete control over a majority of everything, Mark Davis is just a really bad NFL owning troll. I'm thankful it has fallen through now.
2/2/2017 10:28am
Stan Kroenke fucked St. Louis taxpayers. A good 10-15 years they still have to pay on that stadium..
2/2/2017 11:23am
Stan Kroenke fucked St. Louis taxpayers. A good 10-15 years they still have to pay on that stadium..
IMO St Louis got screwed when the NFL fucked up and awarded Jacksonville the Jaguars.

That was a bad & rare financial fuck up by these billionaires. The "St Louis Stallions" was by far the better expansion proposal. I believe you will eventually get your Jag's back one day.

And if we really want to get into it, the Cardinals NEVER should've left to Arizona. Relocation is horrible. Teams should be forced to fold if they cannot make it in their home markets.

Europe has the best system. Relegation.
lestat
2/3/2017 11:21am
I'm not a huge football fan , but from this thread and a couple other sources , it would seem that screwing the taxpayers is the NFL owners business plan .

Post a reply to: Chargers Moving to LA

The Latest