Buying Workout Supplements

thecolonel610
Edited Date/Time 12/9/2014 9:09am
What's the best place to buy workout supplements online?

I've been shopping at my local shop but between the meatheads and outrageous mark-up, I'm going to take my business online.
Any suggestions?
|
YZ441
11/19/2014 10:47am
I order all my supplements through amazon, way cheaper than any shop you go into. especially GNC, they are extremely over priced and will always push their products which are good but way over priced
11/19/2014 11:57am
I've found one site has a deal on a particular item, but other items are higher priced. These places know that, suck you in with a deal on a specific protein, but that is the only deal on their site that week. Just comparison shop, that is the beauty of shopping online.

I like affordablesupplements.com
Also, if you buy online you don't pay taxes unless they own a store in your state. Most all places are free shipping over $100. So stock up and save.

The Shop

Sunhouse
11/19/2014 2:37pm
Nutraplanet, fast shipping, excellent service and loads of good products, not just hyped dust
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
11/19/2014 6:47pm
I get my meat, fruits, and vegetables from the grocery store.
This, anything else is a waste.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/20/2014 5:11am
UpTiTe wrote:
Yeah? How so?
IWreckALot
11/20/2014 5:41am
UpTiTe wrote:
Markee wrote:
Yeah? How so?
I started to post something similar but not quite so abrupt yesterday. Everytime I start thinking about using protein powder or anything else, I end up talking myself out of it because I tell myself to just alter my diet.

The only thing I do take daily is glucosamine because my knees start having some issues if I don't and I don't know what to eat that has adequate doses of glucosamine.
JBernard_401
11/20/2014 6:56am
x1000.
if you have a deficiency, then a supplement is a good idea. but if youre buying stuff to try and 'get bigger or get stronger' then you are giving money to someone else.
spend your money on real, whole foods. end of story.
11/20/2014 10:02am
UpTiTe wrote:
In many cases, that is true. When I ramp up my triathlon training I definitely use supplements. I use a high calorie protein drink once a day because it's fast and easy and not expensive. If not, I drop too much weight.
When I go on 40 - 80 mile bike rides, I always take a supplement bar cut up so I can eat and keep fueled up. I also keep one of my bottles loaded with an electrolyte mix and another pure water.

If you lift weights a few times a week, just making good food choices is probably enough. oh, and protein powder. Smile
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
11/20/2014 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2014 1:10pm
UpTiTe wrote:
In many cases, that is true. When I ramp up my triathlon training I definitely use supplements. I use a high calorie protein drink once a...
In many cases, that is true. When I ramp up my triathlon training I definitely use supplements. I use a high calorie protein drink once a day because it's fast and easy and not expensive. If not, I drop too much weight.
When I go on 40 - 80 mile bike rides, I always take a supplement bar cut up so I can eat and keep fueled up. I also keep one of my bottles loaded with an electrolyte mix and another pure water.

If you lift weights a few times a week, just making good food choices is probably enough. oh, and protein powder. Smile
For guy like you, yes the right supplements will be beneficial, but for the average Joe who goes to the gym 3 nights a week and runs a few miles a week, a proper diet will benefit them more. The problem with supplements is that most people are dumb when it comes to them and have no idea what they really need or what they are taking and their diet is shit to begin with.
JM485
11/20/2014 9:37pm
I just use a simple electrolyte boosting tablet in my water when I ride, that and I only drink WATER at the track or on the trail. Funny thing is, I can't even get them at the grocery store now, they have every 'energy' drink know to man but they don't have the stuff that actually works, go figure. My cousin is pretty big into baseball in high school and some of the stuff he tells me he takes scares me. Not steroids or anything, but some stuff like Creatine or something like that with some crazy ingredients. I have no idea how good or bad stuff like that is, but I air on the safe side and won't put it in my body unless I'm damn sure it's safe and doesn't have any negative effects. Just my two cents.
JBernard_401
11/20/2014 10:11pm
creatine monohydrate isnt "crazy".
whats crazy is that these workout supplements arent fda regulated. i know several sub 20 yr old guys 'making their own' and selling it at local shops. getting bulk powders from china, capping it, putting it on the shelves. nitric oxides, even pro hormones, ect.
fact is that stuff is bad for you because its not even close to natural. its stupid expensive and a waste of money with no gains. its a huge industry and 95% of sales are to high school kids trying to get 'mad gains'. if they only knew.
thecolonel610
12/7/2014 8:53pm
I checked out Beverly the other day, its awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.
kev472
12/8/2014 9:14am
UpTiTe wrote:
Most supplements don't really do a lot but there are definitly Some that work

For instance if you try and get your daily proteïn from meats you have to make sure the leucine content is high enough to spark muscle proteïn synthesis, 2-3 grams of leucine seems to be the perfect amount

On the other side eating proteïn and therefore leucine to frequent without enough time in between will cause a refractory response in muscle proteïn synthesis

And as you know muscle proteïn synthesis is the primary indicator how muscle repairs and grows

Creatine, good luck eating enough meat to get a proper daily amount of creatine
12/8/2014 9:34am
The best thing I ever did was go to a nutritionist and had my diet altered. I was on all sorts of fast digesting protein this, hemp protein that, but I found you can't substitute for real food.

I still use fish oil and vitamins, but the average guy does not need the protein intake of a professional power lifter.
SKlein
12/9/2014 9:09am
UpTiTe wrote:
Exactly.

Post a reply to: Buying Workout Supplements

The Latest