Burglar sues homeowner he attempted to rob

Edited Date/Time 4/30/2016 11:28am
|

The Shop

newmann
4/27/2016 11:27am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Attempted burglary is not a capital crime. The homeowner wasn't being threatened so it wasn't self defense. I've heard gun rights enthusiasts say shooting someone in...
Attempted burglary is not a capital crime. The homeowner wasn't being threatened so it wasn't self defense. I've heard gun rights enthusiasts say shooting someone in the back while they're running away makes you a coward.
So what you are saying is that he needed an anchor shot?

4/27/2016 12:56pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Attempted burglary is not a capital crime. The homeowner wasn't being threatened so it wasn't self defense. I've heard gun rights enthusiasts say shooting someone in...
Attempted burglary is not a capital crime. The homeowner wasn't being threatened so it wasn't self defense. I've heard gun rights enthusiasts say shooting someone in the back while they're running away makes you a coward.
They would be right. I don't even own a gun. Let my fists do the talking if need be. Just found the article humorous.
mxb2
4/27/2016 1:01pm
How about not break in a house. O well if you are shot. One less POS.
Motoxdoc
4/27/2016 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 2:35pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
newmann wrote:

I don't know what that means; not even in a sarcastic manner. Your question/reply to me doesn't make sense. If I have to explain ANY one of my 3 sentences above....you probably wouldn't understand it.....do you understand jazz or blues music?
4/27/2016 2:46pm
If he was running away down an alley, no longer even on the guys property, your going to struggle to claim self defence....not much difference to stopping at the burglars house a day later and shooting him because he broke into your house.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
4/28/2016 8:26am
Worlds dumbest criminals! Has he never heard of "gone postal"?
Stealing from postal worker and he's surprised he got shot? LaughingLaughing
newmann
4/28/2016 9:03am
Motoxdoc wrote:
newmann wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:
I don't know what that means; not even in a sarcastic manner. Your question/reply to me doesn't make sense. If I have to explain ANY one...
I don't know what that means; not even in a sarcastic manner. Your question/reply to me doesn't make sense. If I have to explain ANY one of my 3 sentences above....you probably wouldn't understand it.....do you understand jazz or blues music?
Yes, sarcasm was a little thick with the anchor shot. But then again, your coward comment was a little thick itself. Without being there you or I have no idea what actually happened or how threatened the homeowner felt at the time. The reality of it though is that the homeowner is going to be spending some serious money on legal fees because of his actions whether they find him guilty or not. He is screwed either way.

And I like me some jazz and blues.
bultokid
4/28/2016 9:25am
ANY ONE that would side with the scumbag thief is a complete moron, with an IQ, the equivalent of a rock.
FlaNard
4/28/2016 10:50am
Say your home is dark because its nighttime. Say you have a family. Young kids, baby, all that. How would you know if the person was armed or not? What their intentions are? Sorry, but my job is to protect my family. You break into my home in the middle of the night and you're a dead man.
peelout
4/28/2016 11:09am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2016 11:40am
Motoxdoc wrote:
LMAO

so the homeowner would have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can take action?

sorry but that's the biggest bunch of bullshit i've ever heard. if anyone but my family comes walking in my house while i'm home then they'll be staring down the barrel of my 12 guage, better fuckin' believe it. now i'm not going to chase them out into the street firing, but in my home you bet your ass.
Motoxdoc
4/28/2016 1:21pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
peelout wrote:
LMAO so the homeowner would have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can...
LMAO

so the homeowner would have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can take action?

sorry but that's the biggest bunch of bullshit i've ever heard. if anyone but my family comes walking in my house while i'm home then they'll be staring down the barrel of my 12 guage, better fuckin' believe it. now i'm not going to chase them out into the street firing, but in my home you bet your ass.
LMAO too! No. A homeowner does NOT have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can take action. If you want to shoot somebody 3 times in the back while they're fleeing, have at it! I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm just saying that many gun enthusiasts and supporters of the 2nd amendment would consider you a coward....that all.
peelout
4/28/2016 1:33pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
peelout wrote:
LMAO so the homeowner would have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can...
LMAO

Motoxdoc wrote:
LMAO too! No. A homeowner does NOT have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before...
LMAO too! No. A homeowner does NOT have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before he can take action. If you want to shoot somebody 3 times in the back while they're fleeing, have at it! I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm just saying that many gun enthusiasts and supporters of the 2nd amendment would consider you a coward....that all.
ah gotcha, i guess my reading comprehension is lacking today
KMC440
4/28/2016 2:34pm
Castle Doctrine .... just say'n.

Just get them before they leave the house. Cool
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/28/2016 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2016 7:09pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
peelout wrote:
LMAO

Motoxdoc wrote:
LMAO too! No. A homeowner does NOT have had to wait for the burglar, who is obviously there with ill intent, to "threaten" his life before...
California laws as to shoot in defense of life and property are much different in Cali and Texas...Great
Britain can't even begin to fathom gun rights

I'll take Texas every damn day.

The Bugler Burglar didnt get killed, just got "winged" hahaha

IMO, the homeowner needs some range practice.. . Scenario....(you are in your home at night asleep, you have two wonderful children (boys, girls, gender not relevant) You hear a noise, get up with your firearm and see the "perp" entering your childrens bedroom......Do you shoot that effer in the back, (in defense of others)?

Ummm yup....at least I do...If I go to prison for defending my family it won't be for long.

As for the "Bitches" calling me a coward......their opinion means nothing.....

They might do the same in similar circumstances
APLMAN99
4/28/2016 7:08pm
peelout wrote:
LMAO

Motoxdoc wrote:
California laws as to shoot in defense of life and property are much different in Cali and Texas...Great Britain can't even begin to fathom gun rights...
California laws as to shoot in defense of life and property are much different in Cali and Texas...Great
Britain can't even begin to fathom gun rights

I'll take Texas every damn day.

The Bugler Burglar didnt get killed, just got "winged" hahaha

IMO, the homeowner needs some range practice.. . Scenario....(you are in your home at night asleep, you have two wonderful children (boys, girls, gender not relevant) You hear a noise, get up with your firearm and see the "perp" entering your childrens bedroom......Do you shoot that effer in the back, (in defense of others)?

Ummm yup....at least I do...If I go to prison for defending my family it won't be for long.

As for the "Bitches" calling me a coward......their opinion means nothing.....

They might do the same in similar circumstances
I think that's a far different scenario than what occurred in this case and would certainly be thought of as an imminent threat by a rational person more than someone running away at 100 yds plus.
hvaughn88
4/28/2016 7:28pm
I wanna know how the hell he hit him with a pistol at a hundred yards, haha
APLMAN99
4/28/2016 7:34pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I wanna know how the hell he hit him with a pistol at a hundred yards, haha
The same way someone wins the lottery I'd guess........
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/28/2016 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2016 7:54pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The same way someone wins the lottery I'd guess........
Haha,

I agree 100 yards at pistol depth....with adrenaline surging...Damn lucky shot.

I would venture to say the shooting range was much tighter...

BTWF do i know, i read my facts off the internet. :-)
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/28/2016 8:02pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I think that's a far different scenario than what occurred in this case and would certainly be thought of as an imminent threat by a rational...
I think that's a far different scenario than what occurred in this case and would certainly be thought of as an imminent threat by a rational person more than someone running away at 100 yds plus.
Aplman,

Yes, much different scenario.......but......given the facts i presented...would you shoot the bitch in the back?

Yes, without a doubt

Ur son is the apl of ur eye. (like that? ;-) ) We all want to be proud of our children and family.

I don't have kids but i have nieces and nephews.....

Don't fuck with them, there will be no problems :-)

I appreciate your opinion on this man
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/28/2016 8:05pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I don't know what that means; not even in a sarcastic manner. Your question/reply to me doesn't make sense. If I have to explain ANY one...
Pretty sure an "anchor shot is a "kill" shot i.e. dropped like an anchor

i dunno

:-)
APLMAN99
4/28/2016 8:25pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I think that's a far different scenario than what occurred in this case and would certainly be thought of as an imminent threat by a rational...
Aplman, Yes, much different scenario.......but......given the facts i presented...would you shoot the bitch in the back? Yes, without a doubt Ur son is the apl of...
Aplman,

Yes, much different scenario.......but......given the facts i presented...would you shoot the bitch in the back?

Yes, without a doubt

Ur son is the apl of ur eye. (like that? ;-) ) We all want to be proud of our children and family.

I don't have kids but i have nieces and nephews.....

Don't fuck with them, there will be no problems :-)

I appreciate your opinion on this man
In a practical sense, I wouldn't shoot them most likely because I'd be afraid of shooting one of my children when I missed. But I'd likely put a fairly large dent in their skull with my cut down 5 iron......

If I see someone 100 yards away carrying my stuff, I'd be calling the police, not shooting and hoping that I didn't hit an innocent bystander.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/28/2016 9:03pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
In a practical sense, I wouldn't shoot them most likely because I'd be afraid of shooting one of my children when I missed. But I'd likely...
In a practical sense, I wouldn't shoot them most likely because I'd be afraid of shooting one of my children when I missed. But I'd likely put a fairly large dent in their skull with my cut down 5 iron......

If I see someone 100 yards away carrying my stuff, I'd be calling the police, not shooting and hoping that I didn't hit an innocent bystander.
Practically speaking.. Yes , I'd do the same

words or wisdom from an old overweight goober.....don't bring a 5 iron to a gunfight!! :-)

But, this whole 100 yards thing is over played, if it was 100 yards it was a lucky shot.

Again, the scenario is not whate we can or could script...

I dunno about you, but i defef to your posts about your self restraint.

I am weaker than you, i would go gonzo on anyone, front or back, male female, yellow green.

You in my house at night and i dont know you=DEAD

IWreckALot
4/29/2016 8:23am
I believe the proper thing to do was to drag him back inside and finish the job. . . No lawsuit that way.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/29/2016 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2016 5:41pm
He shouldnt have run back in for his mask....hahaha

Dead men don't testify or sue :-)
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/29/2016 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2016 5:53pm
I had two buddies....

Buddy # 1 And buddy #2 were best friends......until buddy #1 started banging buddy #2's wife.

Then buddy #2 backed up his suburban to #1's back door. The back of the suburban was lined with plastic, and lengths of log chain and duct tape, presumably to weight the body down in the slough until the turtles ate the good parts.

#2 Kicks the back door in, #1 empties the clip at close range into his head because he was ready due to watching the surveillance camera. (yes, they were tweakers) #1 was #2's hookup. #2's wife cut out the middleman, #2 didn't appreciate it much.

Pretty hard to give a police report with a clip full of slugs in your face.

#1 was acquitted of all charges.

And still kept banging #2's widow.

Life is a bitch

Post a reply to: Burglar sues homeowner he attempted to rob

The Latest