Brock Lesnar says No to UFC but Yes to WWE

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 4/1/2015 3:42am
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar-shuns-ufc--si…

Anyone else think there is an unspoken reason that he won't return to the UFC? Some sort of test he has to pass that doesn't exist in the WWE?

It's hard to talk about it as a fighter he said. . .
|
Old-Man
3/25/2015 1:20pm
Thought he was WWE a long time ago? some time after his last UFC fight?
Atmos
3/25/2015 1:21pm
Good for him. He's going where the best money is for himself.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
3/25/2015 1:23pm
ill watch him in UFC but not wwe...did that years ago with rowdy roddy piper and junkyard dog, etc......I would not want to get in any ring with that dood.....
IWreckALot
3/25/2015 1:45pm
Old-Man wrote:
Thought he was WWE a long time ago? some time after his last UFC fight?
I believe he was a wrestler first, then went to the WWE, then went to UFC and now back to WWE.

Money for sure would be better in WWE. I don't understand why the UFC seemingly pays their fighters beans compared to boxing. I don't know much about the finances behind UFC vs. Boxing. But it seems like the UFC has lost a lot of their bigger name fighters lately and right now the only stand out personality star I can list is a female fighter. . . Chael Sonnen, Spider Silva, Rashad Jackson, Chuck Liddell, GSP, and a whole line of other personality stars are all essentially out of the UFC now and there aren't any good story lines to follow.

The Shop

Old-Man
3/25/2015 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 2:08pm
Here is a good Article written last year about the business end of UFC..Seems UFC Owner Lorenzo Fertitta and President Dana White are in good shape and a select few fighters do make killer cash. Just need to be and Maintain Championship status and start a business off your namesake.

But even then the UFC gets a piece of that Pie...."When you sign a deal with the UFC and its parent company Zuffa, they control rights to your "name, sobriquet, image, likeness, voice, persona, signature, and biographical material of Fighter and all persons associated with Fighter (collectively, the "Identity")."

These rights belong to the UFC in perpetuity, meaning forever. The contract explicitly states that even death can't get you out of this deal"
Atmos
3/25/2015 2:07pm
Dana White is a great marketing guy. But the things I've heard out of Las Vegas is the Fertitta brothers have had to reign him in a few times and set him straight as to who really runs things. Dana seems to try to wear bigger pants than he owns.
ocscottie
3/25/2015 2:42pm
During his time in he UFC Brock was one of the highest paid fighters. I forget the exact numbers but pretty sure he was making upwards of 2mil per fight. He made a boat load of cash, i wonder what the fake fighting pays?
ocscottie
3/25/2015 2:48pm
This was in the comment section of the above article (take it for a grain of salt, but at least its some #'s to think about)

"The contract Dana White was offering was a 5 fight 10 million dollar deal. Plus all the gate. WWE has been DESPERATE of late and if I heard correctly, they are putting up a massive wad of money to Brock. Like 4 years 15+ Million. But in the contract he is limited on shows he'll attend and he has almost all creative control as well."
IWreckALot
3/26/2015 6:46am
ocscottie wrote:
This was in the comment section of the above article (take it for a grain of salt, but at least its some #'s to think about)...
This was in the comment section of the above article (take it for a grain of salt, but at least its some #'s to think about)

"The contract Dana White was offering was a 5 fight 10 million dollar deal. Plus all the gate. WWE has been DESPERATE of late and if I heard correctly, they are putting up a massive wad of money to Brock. Like 4 years 15+ Million. But in the contract he is limited on shows he'll attend and he has almost all creative control as well."
4 years for $15M is a lot, but definitely beans compared to boxing and possibly the WWE. I can't believe that the UFC gets away with owning people's livelihoods existing beyond their contract. I guess if they get away with it then that's why they do it but that just sounds like a shit deal all around.

http://www.celebritiesmoney.com/wwe-stars-salary-list-2015-all-wrestler…

According to this, he made $2M a year in WWE. Looks like John Cena makes $5M a year so I imagine Brock's new contract will be there or more.

I can't blame Brock. Seems like less training/work for more money. What does "Plus all the gate" mean?
jeffro503
3/26/2015 9:19am
ocscottie wrote:
During his time in he UFC Brock was one of the highest paid fighters. I forget the exact numbers but pretty sure he was making upwards...
During his time in he UFC Brock was one of the highest paid fighters. I forget the exact numbers but pretty sure he was making upwards of 2mil per fight. He made a boat load of cash, i wonder what the fake fighting pays?
He would need all that money for dental work for beating that Cain Valasquez put on him. Christ that was a beat down!
71Fish
3/26/2015 9:39am
He was a big draw but really not a skilled fighter. With his medical conditions, I would go where the money is.
PalerBlue
3/26/2015 9:50am
Why let someone genuinely try to beat the shit out of you when you can earn decent money faking it? His move makes soooo much sense I'm puzzled you guys can't work it out.
scooter5002
3/26/2015 10:46am
ocscottie wrote:
During his time in he UFC Brock was one of the highest paid fighters. I forget the exact numbers but pretty sure he was making upwards...
jeffro503 wrote:
He would need all that money for dental work for beating that Cain Valasquez put on him. Christ that was a beat down!
Jeffro, was that the last fight before he left UFC? I don't follow it, but I think I recall an epic ass whipping and then he retired, to go back to WWE.
71Fish
3/26/2015 11:31am
ocscottie wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, was that the last fight before he left UFC? I don't follow it, but I think I recall an epic ass whipping and then he...
Jeffro, was that the last fight before he left UFC? I don't follow it, but I think I recall an epic ass whipping and then he retired, to go back to WWE.
He got his ass handed to him by Cain Velasquez then got it handed to him again by Alistair Overeem. To be fair, he was recovering from some kind of intestinal operation and Overeem Nailed him right in the gut with a kick.
ocscottie
3/30/2015 1:17pm
I just saw on SportsNation where Brock lost his WWE title, OMG i was fucking embarrassed for him in the clips they showed. I thought no way is it THAT fucking lame...so i watched it. HOLY HELL...that was the lamest shit i have ever seen.

What a waste of talent.
Rowlands
3/30/2015 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 1:47pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just saw on SportsNation where Brock lost his WWE title, OMG i was fucking embarrassed for him in the clips they showed. I thought no...
I just saw on SportsNation where Brock lost his WWE title, OMG i was fucking embarrassed for him in the clips they showed. I thought no way is it THAT fucking lame...so i watched it. HOLY HELL...that was the lamest shit i have ever seen.

What a waste of talent.
You talking about WWE ?

If so yeah it's lame haha. UFC is bloody crazy though ! Why would people want to do that ?
A. DLeary
3/30/2015 2:07pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just saw on SportsNation where Brock lost his WWE title, OMG i was fucking embarrassed for him in the clips they showed. I thought no...

What a waste of talent.
He had a serious stint with diverticulitis that lead to him almost needing a small bowel resection and a bag for the rest of his life. I'm honestly amazed he is able to be as athletic as he is today.
ocscottie
3/30/2015 2:11pm
A. DLeary wrote:
He had a serious stint with diverticulitis that lead to him almost needing a small bowel resection and a bag for the rest of his life...
He had a serious stint with diverticulitis that lead to him almost needing a small bowel resection and a bag for the rest of his life. I'm honestly amazed he is able to be as athletic as he is today.
That is very true, but man....the guy is a freak of nature and so talented, sad seeing it wasted on this fake WWE bullshit.

So he is fighting some dude for the WWE title, and 3/4 of the way through the fight another guy comes in and pins the OTHER guy, and that dude got the title. WHAT DA FUCK!

Ive never watched that shit since i was a kid, and now i know why.
A. DLeary
3/30/2015 2:28pm
A. DLeary wrote:
He had a serious stint with diverticulitis that lead to him almost needing a small bowel resection and a bag for the rest of his life...
ocscottie wrote:
That is very true, but man....the guy is a freak of nature and so talented, sad seeing it wasted on this fake WWE bullshit. So he...
That is very true, but man....the guy is a freak of nature and so talented, sad seeing it wasted on this fake WWE bullshit.

So he is fighting some dude for the WWE title, and 3/4 of the way through the fight another guy comes in and pins the OTHER guy, and that dude got the title. WHAT DA FUCK!

Ive never watched that shit since i was a kid, and now i know why.
Hahahaha. What? I don't watch wrestling, but that sounds goofy as hell.

I got to see Lesnar in person a long time ago and he was a true freak of nature. He wasn't super tall, but he was thicker than the normal person with muscles on his muscles. The type of guy everyone turns their heads to look at even if you have no idea who he is.
ocscottie
3/30/2015 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 2:36pm
" Hahahaha. What? I don't watch wrestling, but that sounds goofy as hell. "

Dude...i coudlnt believe it. I realize its all scripted and everything, but that was some straight up bullshit.

Here it is (no audio) but cut down to show just the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PKTeuemBqs (embed was disabled)
wreckitrandy
3/30/2015 2:43pm
ocscottie wrote:
What do you mean,,,,'fake'? 2:16 Lil Donnie, no not Elmer, almost spills the beans,,, https://youtu.be/ii9D7VPUUk8?feature=player_detailpage
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/30/2015 3:23pm
He's smart, he's going where he wont get beat down. He will stick to the script, get paid and not take such an ass whooping.
dirtnapper
3/30/2015 8:01pm
ocscottie wrote:
[i]" Hahahaha. What? I don't watch wrestling, but that sounds goofy as hell. "[/i] Dude...i coudlnt believe it. I realize its all scripted and everything, but...
" Hahahaha. What? I don't watch wrestling, but that sounds goofy as hell. "

Dude...i coudlnt believe it. I realize its all scripted and everything, but that was some straight up bullshit.

Here it is (no audio) but cut down to show just the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PKTeuemBqs (embed was disabled)
Welp. There's 3 min, 40 seconds of my life I'll never get back.......

Unsure
SF45
4/1/2015 3:42am
IWreckALot wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar-shuns-ufc--signs-contract-extension-with-wwe-231905913.html Anyone else think there is an unspoken reason that he won't return to the UFC? Some sort of test he has to pass that doesn't...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar-shuns-ufc--si…

Anyone else think there is an unspoken reason that he won't return to the UFC? Some sort of test he has to pass that doesn't exist in the WWE?

It's hard to talk about it as a fighter he said. . .
$$$$$$$

Post a reply to: Brock Lesnar says No to UFC but Yes to WWE

The Latest