Boston/New Jersey SX! Help wanted!

Olson
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2016 9:20am
Sort of moto related but all the JS7 threads is taking up all the spots on the first page and will give this thread a shot at surviving for a while.

This is the deal. Me and two friends attended the Houston SX round last year and we had a really good time meeting a lot of friendly people! Thank you once again Jaybird for your help!

We didn't plan to attend a race this season due to costs and timing of personal stuff. But! Another SX race seems to be too tempting for us to stay away, we started to look at the New York round. I work in the airline business and can get a good deal on tickets to New York but the date have turned out to not fit that good.

Second option is Boston the weekend prior to New York. Same flight options, we need to fly into Newark. Looking at options to get to Boston from there. Anyone else heading that direction that want to pick up three Swedes? Other options are, train, plane or rent a car. Trying to keep the budget down. If anyone wants to share a larger car to rent we might be up for that. I have a decent deal on Alamo.

What about hotels in Boston, where to stay, where to eat? Tickets, will it get sold out? I'm aware it's they usually dont race there so not much to compare from. How many seats?

Sorry for going on a rant, hope you can interpret what I'm trying to say. Nothing is decided. Just looking for possible options. Thanks in advance.
|
1/16/2016 9:39am
Keep in mind that the race is actually in Foxboro Massachusetts and not Boston. Boston is the nearest large metropolitan area, but is a fairly long distance, probably an hour drive, from Foxboro where the stadium is. If you are flying into Newark, NJ, you've got about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Foxboro. Other internation airports are Logan in Boston and Bradley in Connecticut.
Olson
1/16/2016 9:43am
Keep in mind that the race is actually in Foxboro Massachusetts and not Boston. Boston is the nearest large metropolitan area, but is a fairly long...
Keep in mind that the race is actually in Foxboro Massachusetts and not Boston. Boston is the nearest large metropolitan area, but is a fairly long distance, probably an hour drive, from Foxboro where the stadium is. If you are flying into Newark, NJ, you've got about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Foxboro. Other internation airports are Logan in Boston and Bradley in Connecticut.
Yes I'm aware. The stadium is on the way from New York to Boston. Also aware of Logan Intl. The company I can get tickets from no longer operates to Logan. Therefore I'm looking into options how to get from Newark to the stadium. Maybe just drive back and forth over the day or stay in Boston and go from there. Plenty of time left.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/18/2016 2:50pm
There are some good hotel options on Route 1/Route 95 close to the venue if you don't want to have to commute from Boston to Foxboro. That said, it would be cool to stay in Boston as well since it's a pretty cool city to check out.

The Shop

Olson
1/19/2016 1:47am
Thanks for the advice. While gas is cheap, renting a car is still pretty expensive (save som cash when we're three people). It's very convenient to have a car though. Easier to get around, but limits the alcohol consumption.

Have never been to Boston so it's a must to visit while I'm in the area. Been to New York plenty of times so it's not that important to me. But one of my friends have never been so It's kind of idiotic to not go there when we are so close.

Will need to plan this a little better. It's only for a couple of days and I dont want to spend all the time in a car back and forth to different cities.
jndmx
1/19/2016 6:39am
Olson wrote:
Thanks for the advice. While gas is cheap, renting a car is still pretty expensive (save som cash when we're three people). It's very convenient to...
Thanks for the advice. While gas is cheap, renting a car is still pretty expensive (save som cash when we're three people). It's very convenient to have a car though. Easier to get around, but limits the alcohol consumption.

Have never been to Boston so it's a must to visit while I'm in the area. Been to New York plenty of times so it's not that important to me. But one of my friends have never been so It's kind of idiotic to not go there when we are so close.

Will need to plan this a little better. It's only for a couple of days and I dont want to spend all the time in a car back and forth to different cities.
Fly into Providence TF Green (PVD) and stay at one of the hotels around there.
There are hotels up the wazoo and it will be much cheaper than Boston.

Rental cars are right there at the airport and you are 40 minutes from the stadium.
Also right there at the airport hotel area is the T commuter train which will take you right into Boston, no parking hassles and no driving.
MR. X
1/19/2016 6:49am
You certainly don't want to drive around Boston either,those fuckers can't drive for shit!
mxb2
1/19/2016 6:50am
Olson wrote:
Thanks for the advice. While gas is cheap, renting a car is still pretty expensive (save som cash when we're three people). It's very convenient to...

X2 rental car, dont drink.
mxb2
1/19/2016 6:51am
Olson wrote:

X2 rental car, dont drink., or cabs,subways.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/19/2016 7:10am
If you plan on going between Boston and Foxboro, which it sounds like you do, then just rent a car. Go on a discount site like Kayak.com and you can get one for 30/day or so. If you rely on public trans/cabs to go that far you will end up sending way more money and/or time.
Olson
1/20/2016 7:00am
jndmx wrote:
Fly into Providence TF Green (PVD) and stay at one of the hotels around there. There are hotels up the wazoo and it will be much...

Rental cars are right there at the airport and you are 40 minutes from the stadium.
Also right there at the airport hotel area is the T commuter train which will take you right into Boston, no parking hassles and no driving.
If I'm going to fly EWR - PVD and then rent a car at PVD I might as well rent it at EWR and drive from there. But thanks for the advice. Looks like we have a couple of options now. Sucks that the New York round didn't sync with out schedule, would've been a lot easier to plan. But nice with a challenge.

I doubt they drive worse in Boston than in Asia. So it shouldn't be a problem. I've driven a car or a motorcycle all over the world. Asia is by far the worst.

Anyone of you guys plan on going?
jndmx
1/20/2016 8:25am
jndmx wrote:
Fly into Providence TF Green (PVD) and stay at one of the hotels around there. There are hotels up the wazoo and it will be much...

Olson wrote:
If I'm going to fly EWR - PVD and then rent a car at PVD I might as well rent it at EWR and drive from...
If I'm going to fly EWR - PVD and then rent a car at PVD I might as well rent it at EWR and drive from there. But thanks for the advice. Looks like we have a couple of options now. Sucks that the New York round didn't sync with out schedule, would've been a lot easier to plan. But nice with a challenge.

I doubt they drive worse in Boston than in Asia. So it shouldn't be a problem. I've driven a car or a motorcycle all over the world. Asia is by far the worst.

Anyone of you guys plan on going?
I was speaking strictly for the Gillette Stadium round, thought you bagged the idea of Jersey my bad.
Driving in Boston ain't that bad at all it's the parking that's a pain.

I will be at Foxboro but I'm skipping Jersey.
Planning on going to ATL for the DMXS party and the SX.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
1/20/2016 8:27am
Dam it! I clicked on this post, looking for a job.
Olson
1/20/2016 9:19am
jndmx wrote:
I was speaking strictly for the Gillette Stadium round, thought you bagged the idea of Jersey my bad. Driving in Boston ain't that bad at all...
I was speaking strictly for the Gillette Stadium round, thought you bagged the idea of Jersey my bad.
Driving in Boston ain't that bad at all it's the parking that's a pain.

I will be at Foxboro but I'm skipping Jersey.
Planning on going to ATL for the DMXS party and the SX.
Yes, Jersey is OUT (for now at least) but we still have to fly into EWR. Therefore looking for options how to get back and forth from Jersey to Foxboro or even Boston. I would like to see Boston for at least a day. Never been.
Olson
1/20/2016 9:20am
RonSkj wrote:
Dam it! I clicked on this post, looking for a job.
I can hook you up with a job if you want, but there's no pay. You can see it as an internship.

Post a reply to: Boston/New Jersey SX! Help wanted!

The Latest