Bass Pro to buy Cabelas for 5.5 billion

TXDirt
10/20/2016 8:12am
lestat wrote:
Less competition is never good for the consumer . Guaranteed , people will lose jobs because of this as well . Cabelas and bass pro stores...
Less competition is never good for the consumer . Guaranteed , people will lose jobs because of this as well . Cabelas and bass pro stores are a stones throw away in many places .
kzizok wrote:
Kinda like what I was saying earlier. I would love to know their plan moving forward. I mean, with both consistently close to one another, what...
Kinda like what I was saying earlier. I would love to know their plan moving forward. I mean, with both consistently close to one another, what will they do when cannabilization happens?

Maybe its as simple as Bass Pro eliminating their competition and just closing the Cabelas down. In other words, buy out and close down. Way stranger things have happened in business strategies.

Edit: The more I think about it, the buy and close strategy seems like a strong possibility.
Here is the strategy....

Consolidate, cut stores and terminate employees, raise prices.

That's the way it works.

Stores close to each other will absolutely be consolidated, employees cut and over time prices raised due to having no competition.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

10/20/2016 8:15am
kzizok wrote:
Seems weird to me. I mean how many Bass Pros does a place need? What are they going to do in the areas where the two...
Seems weird to me. I mean how many Bass Pros does a place need? What are they going to do in the areas where the two are right next to or down the street from each other? Kind a like the Starbucks that is across the street from a Starbucks.

Just seems to me having two different options makes more sense that the same option, twice. But, what do I know.
They just need one, the smallest stores from that location will get shut down. and by doing so that means less expansive for the company because there i just 1 property to maintain, there will be people who lose there job and there will be people who get a transfer AKA less salary to pay. all previous Cabelas costumers will now shop with bass pro AKA more sales.
MR. X
10/20/2016 4:42pm
kongols wrote:
Jesus christ ! I can't even imagine how many captain and cokes i would go through cleaning all those fish.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Bass Pro to buy Cabelas for 5.5 billion

The Latest