Bands you think are bigger than they deserve.

jmar
2/17/2012 10:21pm
jmar wrote:
If it makes them happy then fine. But when you act as if "Your Generation" is cooler that those of today, then you are nothing more...
If it makes them happy then fine. But when you act as if "Your Generation" is cooler that those of today, then you are nothing more than nostalgic. I don't know you from Adam, but at the same time, my best guess is that your parents had a different opinion on music choice that you. Music seems to run in either a generational, or a geographical type of time line. I grew up in CA, but it seems to take some time for what's going on in the west coast to get here to Oklahoma.

It's reality, and if you don't like what I have to say, then fine. But that has nothing to do with if it's factual or not.

Please respond in a manner that proves me wrong, rather than taking a cheap shot because you don't like what I have to say.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're so damn hung up on being right, lol. Thats the point there is no right or wrong in this discussion. Of course I have different...
You're so damn hung up on being right, lol. Thats the point there is no right or wrong in this discussion. Of course I have different musical taste that my parents and they don't even consider what I listen to music. But it's ok. Theres nothing wrong with nostalgia. Sorry for the personal attack.
Think about giving someone else shit when they tell everyone that the only music that's any good is the shit from their generation.

If you are in attack mode, then by all means be an equal opportunity attacker. That's my entire point.
jmar
2/17/2012 10:29pm
I remember saying that Laid to Rest is not a mediocre song on the pedals.

You have to be kidding me?

BTW: If I decided to take up the drums, where else would I practice? The Troubadour?
Cigaro
2/17/2012 11:41pm
jmar wrote:
I remember saying that Laid to Rest is not a mediocre song on the pedals.[img] I do a little playing around on the drums.[/img] You have...
I remember saying that Laid to Rest is not a mediocre song on the pedals.

You have to be kidding me?

BTW: If I decided to take up the drums, where else would I practice? The Troubadour?
What you asking me for? Some of us thought you would of had that part figured out by now.. Smile
pitbike502
2/18/2012 12:43am
mx757 wrote:
Its on a smaller scale, but Every Time I Die and Norma jean both just seem completely overrated to me. There arent a ton of people...
Its on a smaller scale, but Every Time I Die and Norma jean both just seem completely overrated to me. There arent a ton of people on this board that probably even know of them, but theyre just bland to me. Seems as though they just are loud for the sake of it.
I don't know what planet you're on, but ETID is musically phenomenal, stage presence is insanity, and there is not another voice in the genre that can come close to replicating keith buckley. They're somewhat of my hometown boys and I have seen them play as a shit band under PTW, all the way up to the show with Terror I'll be attending later tonight. They are hands down a legacy, with some of the most amazing lyrics to be put into song.

And norma jean, both old and new singer, is amazing. They're another band that I've seen play shit bills and put on such a fantastic show, that they've outplayed whoever toured with. Pure genius Christian metal.

As far as that genre, imo, Brothers Keeper sucked. Also, Cannibal Corpse is retarded. Afi is crap.

IMO as well, how could Pearl Jam not be considered a great band? All the way up to Yield, they could shit and it turned to gold!

A couple bands I don't see the big deal: Shinedown. They're new "Bully" song is worse than POD profiting off the Columbine wave. Staind to me went straight to the shitter after Dysfunction. I fucking HATE Janes Addition, Dave Navarro is a tool box.

The Shop

jtomasik
2/18/2012 2:05am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2012 2:14am
jmar wrote:
I am not the one missing the point. You can listen to all of the shit in "the good ole days" you want. I am not...
I am not the one missing the point. You can listen to all of the shit in "the good ole days" you want. I am not willing to settle for that. Music is ever evolving, and I want to be a part of that.

Do you still act like you did when you were younger? Wear the same cloths? Same hair cut?
Don't worry about what I think. Go see some live music and take some time to enjoy it.

BTW: As far as being self-righteous, and admiring myself? Maybe you should spend some time looking in the mirror.

Keep it respectful jtom.
Let me spell it out for you....

...this thread is about bands that made it BIG (that likely means MAINSTREAM music....not some obscure band you found) which the listener feels doesn't deserve that level of popularity. That's all. That's it.

Let me ask you a few questions:

What car do you like?

What car do you dislike?

Have you ever designed a car?
2/18/2012 6:27am
pitbike502 wrote:
I don't know what planet you're on, but ETID is musically phenomenal, stage presence is insanity, and there is not another voice in the genre that...
I don't know what planet you're on, but ETID is musically phenomenal, stage presence is insanity, and there is not another voice in the genre that can come close to replicating keith buckley. They're somewhat of my hometown boys and I have seen them play as a shit band under PTW, all the way up to the show with Terror I'll be attending later tonight. They are hands down a legacy, with some of the most amazing lyrics to be put into song.

And norma jean, both old and new singer, is amazing. They're another band that I've seen play shit bills and put on such a fantastic show, that they've outplayed whoever toured with. Pure genius Christian metal.

As far as that genre, imo, Brothers Keeper sucked. Also, Cannibal Corpse is retarded. Afi is crap.

IMO as well, how could Pearl Jam not be considered a great band? All the way up to Yield, they could shit and it turned to gold!

A couple bands I don't see the big deal: Shinedown. They're new "Bully" song is worse than POD profiting off the Columbine wave. Staind to me went straight to the shitter after Dysfunction. I fucking HATE Janes Addition, Dave Navarro is a tool box.
I hate Dave Navarro too. So this is one of my favorite songs.

https://youtu.be/juf3yFscMFo

Post a reply to: Bands you think are bigger than they deserve.

The Latest