Asian Bugs

TDeath21
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 6:15pm
Is anyone else dealing with THESE bugs right now? We have literally thousands of them (it feels like) trying to come into our house through every opening, whether it be our screen doors or windows. It's worse this year than it has been in years past. I've already killed hundreds within the past week, but they just keep coming. It's the same way with everyone I've talked to in our general area.

Has anyone had any luck keeping them away or killing them all quickly? I've looked up some stuff and most of what I get is seal your windows and vacuum up the dead ones. Not a lot of help.

Is this just a midwest problem or are people in other areas dealing with them too?

I feel like an idiot posting on here, but I'm desperate at this point. They're pissing me off big time, and it's a miracle I kept this post PG. Any help would be appreciated.
|
tunedlength
10/20/2014 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 11:25am
Was funny before you changed the thread title.
Now seems oddly out of place...
TX24
10/21/2014 5:22am
My parents house around Effingham Il. has had those for over 20 years. Not really a problem for them, they just get everywhere.
Sandberm
10/21/2014 7:23am
Those are lady bugs. They are a good bug as they eat aphids.

Not sure why they are trying to get in your house. Are you growing some indoor crops that we should know about?
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/21/2014 8:22am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 8:23am
Dam if we see one ladybug a year it's good luck. I never heard of thousands but we do have a few days a year where lovebugs mate and are everywhere and it gets annoying. We have actually ordered hundreds to release to handle other invasive bugs they prey on.

The Shop

peelout
10/21/2014 9:02am
not those bugs, but we in the Ogden, Brigham City, Logan area have a horrible problem with Box Elder Bugs this time of year, every year... houses literally get COVERED with them and the little fuckers know how to squeeze between the screens or weep-holes on vinyl windows

10/21/2014 11:57am
what you need to do is pick up a product called "Bug X" (Dont ask me where I got it...i cannot remember) Shouldnt be to hard to find. Its very concentrated and you will need to dilute.

So dilute to the recommended specs, then using either a pump sprayer or simple spray bottle and go around the outside of your house around all the doors, windows, ...etc..and any other places you think they might get in.

USE A MASK or some sort of respirator when applying it!!!!!!! its gonna smell a little potent for a day or two but the results on them little fucken asian beetles is well worth it!!!! And it will work for every other kind of bug too! Wink
SEE ARE125
10/21/2014 12:14pm
We get them here, too. Same time every year it seems, although some years are worse than others. They make their way inside for whatever reason, mostly through windows. They never cause any damage, just a huge nuisance. I've always just went around with a shop-vac vacuuming them off the walls and ceiling until they disappear for the winter. I've heard they're more attracted to white houses though, my mom's house is white and she gets a lot more than we do in our brick home.

10/21/2014 12:19pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
We get them here, too. Same time every year it seems, although some years are worse than others. They make their way inside for whatever reason...
We get them here, too. Same time every year it seems, although some years are worse than others. They make their way inside for whatever reason, mostly through windows. They never cause any damage, just a huge nuisance. I've always just went around with a shop-vac vacuuming them off the walls and ceiling until they disappear for the winter. I've heard they're more attracted to white houses though, my mom's house is white and she gets a lot more than we do in our brick home.

usually it has more to do with areas with sun exposure.....they will collect more on the sunny (warm) side of the house than the shaded side.
TDeath21
10/21/2014 12:26pm
They aren't lady bugs. They just look a lot like them.

We definitely have a lot more on the sunny sides of our house that's for sure.

I might try that str8shooter. Thanks guys for the help.
SEE ARE125
10/21/2014 2:17pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
We get them here, too. Same time every year it seems, although some years are worse than others. They make their way inside for whatever reason...

usually it has more to do with areas with sun exposure.....they will collect more on the sunny (warm) side of the house than the shaded side.
That makes sense. We're surrounded by trees and she's in the middle of a hay field. We're shaded majority of the time while she has constant sun.
Cygnus
10/21/2014 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 4:57pm
The stink bugs(box elder) were here the last two years bad. This year is flys. They are driving me crazy and I've used 5-6 cans of fly spray this year. Fuckers run in cycles just like the weather.
Old-Man
10/21/2014 6:15pm
Cygnus wrote:
The stink bugs(box elder) were here the last two years bad. This year is flys. They are driving me crazy and I've used 5-6 cans of...
The stink bugs(box elder) were here the last two years bad. This year is flys. They are driving me crazy and I've used 5-6 cans of fly spray this year. Fuckers run in cycles just like the weather.
Ya be careful of Fly Strike this year, check your dogs for maggots and open wounds.. I bring our pets to the Vet on a regular basis and our Vet warned us about the danger this summer..pretty bad this year.

Google Fly Strike...pretty gruesome stuff

Post a reply to: Asian Bugs

The Latest