Arctic Cat Snow Bike

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2015 9:25am
Arctic Cat kinda introduced their new project this weekend, would love to try one of these out in some deep snow
https://instagram.com/p/7ix4SyKnSk/
|
DownSouth
9/14/2015 8:08am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2015 8:17am
Looks like a Sherco 450 in Cat colors. Interesting. I guess the conversion kits must be gaining popularity if a manufacturer us willing to build a production version. I wonder if they will offer accessory wheel kits for sumer time use?

TailSoHard
9/14/2015 8:18am
Sweet! Polaris just bought Timbersled not too long ago so I believe we'll see one coming from them pretty soon as well. I'd love to try one out, looks like a blast!
peelout
9/14/2015 8:35am
TailSoHard wrote:
Sweet! Polaris just bought Timbersled not too long ago so I believe we'll see one coming from them pretty soon as well. I'd love to try...
Sweet! Polaris just bought Timbersled not too long ago so I believe we'll see one coming from them pretty soon as well. I'd love to try one out, looks like a blast!
we got to know the guys up at Boondockers last year and they were raving about the conversions bike-sleds. the one guy said it killed offroad riding for him because the snow-bikes will literally go anywhere you want and if they're set-up right, will out climb the mountain sleds. i would love to try one as well

The Shop

Fantasy
4478th
9/14/2015 8:57am
One of my riding buddies is a Timbersled (Mountain Horse) dealer. They're still out of my price range but I can't wait to try one out this winter.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/14/2015 9:10am
yak651 wrote:
Arctic Cat kinda introduced their new project this weekend, would love to try one of these out in some deep snow
DownSouth wrote:
Get a good spot on the waiting list, run over to Kens with a down payment!
Ha, would love to except we don't have mountains or deep snow here!
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/14/2015 9:12am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2015 9:17am
Yeah, looks based on the Sherco, but supposedly it was designed for the track jointly with Comoplast, not just an add on? Guess they didn't let anyone really look at it, brought it out, bounced it off the rev limiter and then hid it back under a cover. Also strange they didn't develop this with Yamaha with their relationship with them on the sled engines?
DownSouth
9/14/2015 9:22am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2015 9:23am
yak651 wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Get a good spot on the waiting list, run over to Kens with a down payment!
yak651 wrote:
Ha, would love to except we don't have mountains or deep snow here!
Yeah, that is not the ideal area for a snow bike. I have an uncle in Milwaukee who also has a cabin up north in Mountain. My dad and I get up their every winter and put on a lot of miles in the Mountain-Lakewood-Townsend area.

We can't pass through Appleton without stopping at Kens and at the Simons cheese store to load up on on Wisconsin cheese.
TailSoHard
9/14/2015 9:22am
TailSoHard wrote:
Sweet! Polaris just bought Timbersled not too long ago so I believe we'll see one coming from them pretty soon as well. I'd love to try...
peelout wrote:
we got to know the guys up at Boondockers last year and they were raving about the conversions bike-sleds. the one guy said it killed offroad...
we got to know the guys up at Boondockers last year and they were raving about the conversions bike-sleds. the one guy said it killed offroad riding for him because the snow-bikes will literally go anywhere you want and if they're set-up right, will out climb the mountain sleds. i would love to try one as well
I sold a '15 WR450f last year to a guy that did the conversion to it. He brought that and his RMK out to Wyoming last year, rode the RMK the first day, the Timbersled the next day and then never touched his RMK again. Got back home and sold it. Said it's the most fun he's ever had. I'd like to see if they will come out with a shorter version that you could use on the trails around here. We don't have enough powder or elevation to need the super long tracks...
TailSoHard
9/14/2015 9:25am
yak651 wrote:
Yeah, looks based on the Sherco, but supposedly it was designed for the track jointly with Comoplast, not just an add on? Guess they didn't let...
Yeah, looks based on the Sherco, but supposedly it was designed for the track jointly with Comoplast, not just an add on? Guess they didn't let anyone really look at it, brought it out, bounced it off the rev limiter and then hid it back under a cover. Also strange they didn't develop this with Yamaha with their relationship with them on the sled engines?
I could be wrong, but I believe the Yamaha/Cat contract was only for three years, '16 being the last year. We'll see if they renew that contract, but I wouldn't bank on it. There were a lot of people thinking they'd do the same kind of thing on their new SxS, but that didn't happen. I'd like to see Yamaha come out with a two-stroke triple sled again, and that Cat Pro-Cross chassis would be the one to do it in for sure...

Post a reply to: Arctic Cat Snow Bike

The Latest