Anyone watch F1 ?

munsch121
Edited Date/Time 10/14/2014 11:34am
Not good.......hope its not as bad as people are tweeting and talking.
|
hillbilly
10/5/2014 1:25am
I was nearly asleep and it was the small screen during commercial but I swear I saw the car side over side into that rubber tire loader.

And,to be hauled out in ambulance because weather no heli is really bad.
munsch121
10/5/2014 1:57am
Found some pictures on IG and it appears he crashed directly into the rear of the loader.
munsch121
10/5/2014 2:03am

I don't even know what to say to this picture.....just hope for the best

The Shop

hillbilly
10/5/2014 5:21am
After seeing a replay on f1extra of the 1st car , what I saw was the 2nd car going in so fast it disappeared behind while the 1st car swung violently on the bucket of the loader. They never replayed the frames that ran during that commercial. Obvious why.

PressPassP
10/5/2014 7:03am
Just said they're operating on him for head injuries,not too good,here's to a good recovery

What a thing to hitSad
hillbilly
10/5/2014 8:02am
With the ERS and KERS and the high amps that go with the storage system its a wonder the safety guys didn't get shocked with all thewater and a car that damaged.

Other than this accident it was a great race.Button got screwed by the safety car ,would probably been on podium .
indy_maico
10/5/2014 12:09pm
Bianchi 'out of surgery, breathing independently'
Jules Bianchi is said to be out of surgery and breathing on his own after suffering a "severe head injury" in a crash at the Japanese Grand Prix earlier today.

The Marussia driver collided with a recovery vehicle on the Suzuka course, forcing the rain-affected race.

Formula 1's governing body, the FIA, announced that the 25-year-old had undergone a CT Scan to determine the extent of the injury ahead of surgery.

According to BBC Sport, Bianchi is now breathing independently and will be moved to an intensive care unit where is condition will be monitored closely.
tunedlength
10/5/2014 2:20pm
indy_maico wrote:
Roll hoop gone. Not good. [img]https://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2014/F1/Japan/BianchiCrash6.jpg[/img]
Roll hoop gone. Not good.

That was a brutal hit.
It's amazing that he survived it.
hillbilly
10/5/2014 6:34pm
Watched the race replay and guess they dont do the side by during commercial like live telecast.

Its a miracle no workers were cleaned out ,the car was going very high speed to lift that rubber tire loader like that.. Couldn't believe what I saw since they instantly cut away.

The ambulance they put him in was a Toyota mini van,not much room to work on a critical patient in there.
TeamGreen
10/5/2014 7:01pm
The entire Left-Side and upper-intake-roll-over structure are SHEARED OFF! That is absolutely terrifying ...damn.

I hope for the best. He's a damn good driver and his fellow competitors seem to hold him in high regard.
motoman617
10/6/2014 9:17am
I saw a video of it on one of the car racing sites I read and it was a brutal hit. The video has since been taken down but it was from a spectators camera. Lifted the back end of that tractor/crane off the ground.

Prayers for a full recovery.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
10/6/2014 12:51pm
Stable but Critical. Testament to the safety built into these cars. Some are speculating that his closing speed was near 90MPH. How much was scrubbed is hard to say.

Thoughts and Prayers for Jules.
peelout
10/6/2014 1:27pm
holy shit! why was that loader backing into the racing surface?!
motoman617
10/6/2014 1:59pm
That was like a run off area near a corner. There is an opening there for emergency vehicles and such to go through.There was so much rain during the race once the cars went off into the grass they just took off. I cannot understand why a yellow was not thrown to slow the cars down due to the other accident. Even in that video you can see them waving the green flag.

I just hope he pulls through.
hillbilly
10/6/2014 2:59pm
Tiki wrote:
Stable but Critical. Testament to the safety built into these cars. Some are speculating that his closing speed was near 90MPH. How much was scrubbed is...
Stable but Critical. Testament to the safety built into these cars. Some are speculating that his closing speed was near 90MPH. How much was scrubbed is hard to say.

Thoughts and Prayers for Jules.
I'd say 90 easy,the view i had was 180 from that link,looking backwards down the next straight.
purpleNurple
10/6/2014 3:31pm
They need to seriously re-think allowing recovery vehicles outside the barriers while they are racing. It should be a safety car every time they have to use a recovery vehicle outside of the barriers. You dont see nascar allowing recovery vehicles on the track with out a pace car even if there is no debris on the racing surface and the car comes to a rest on the infield. Just my opinion.
10/6/2014 7:49pm
They need to seriously re-think allowing recovery vehicles outside the barriers while they are racing. It should be a safety car every time they have to...
They need to seriously re-think allowing recovery vehicles outside the barriers while they are racing. It should be a safety car every time they have to use a recovery vehicle outside of the barriers. You dont see nascar allowing recovery vehicles on the track with out a pace car even if there is no debris on the racing surface and the car comes to a rest on the infield. Just my opinion.
As a NASCAR fanatic and a person without any real knowledge of F1 I was blown away to see workers and tractors in an area where this could possibly happen.

There was the Juan Pablo Montoya Daytona Jet Dryer incident but this seems significantly different.

Lucky there wasn't a worker standing there.
motoman617
10/6/2014 8:48pm
I can't understand it either. Have a tractor out on the side of the track while racing is going on in bad conditions. Bring out the safety car and slow everybody down till the clean up is done.

When you watch that video where would he have ended up if the tractor wasn't there? It looks like he would have gone right through that opening for the safety vehicles. It is amazing none of those course workers got hurt. I think F1 will be changing their rules after this.
indy_maico
10/7/2014 6:05pm
That is a good read, but I have to agree with purpleNurple.

If there are recovery vehicles inside the barriers, there should be a full-course yellow and a safety car. Period.

As for Jules, the prognosis is not good. Google his injury "diffuse axonal injury" and you will see what I mean.
purpleNurple
10/7/2014 6:56pm
Good read on the article and I agree with the yellow flag problem, I believe we are seeing that problem in SX big time. However, I dont understand why you wouldnt just remove the yellow from the equation in the case that there is a recovery vehicle inside the barrier. Just bring out the safety car and the issue goes away entirely.
SEEMEFIRST
10/7/2014 9:27pm
Good read on the article and I agree with the yellow flag problem, I believe we are seeing that problem in SX big time. However, I...
Good read on the article and I agree with the yellow flag problem, I believe we are seeing that problem in SX big time. However, I dont understand why you wouldnt just remove the yellow from the equation in the case that there is a recovery vehicle inside the barrier. Just bring out the safety car and the issue goes away entirely.
Even when no revovery vehicle is present, you still have instances of track personnel or drivers leaving the car in harm's way.

Double yellow needs to mean more than no passing, or "Haul ass and good luck".
hillbilly
10/8/2014 3:41am
I see this same complacency in outdoors with wooden stakes alongside the track. Nobody has fell on one and had it run thru tbe chest cavity,it will happen one day.

F1 has done what its done forever,you guys know this,requiring drivers to reinstall the wheel after getting out,back turned to oncoming cars,corner workers all over the place in EVERY off ,and its now they see the danger ,

Monaco is a prime example ,complacency is more dangerous than anything in motorsport..
jeffro503
10/8/2014 9:28am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 9:28am
Makes me sick to my stomach when I see wrecks like this. Here is hoping for a full recovery for Jules. He's still alive and seems to be making a recovery.....which is extremely lucky considering what type of a wreck that was. Lucky he wasn't decapitated.
hillbilly
10/8/2014 10:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
Makes me sick to my stomach when I see wrecks like this. Here is hoping for a full recovery for Jules. He's still alive and seems...
Makes me sick to my stomach when I see wrecks like this. Here is hoping for a full recovery for Jules. He's still alive and seems to be making a recovery.....which is extremely lucky considering what type of a wreck that was. Lucky he wasn't decapitated.
The way info reads about that type of injury 90% never wake up,the other 10 are severely handicapped.

So so sad.

Post a reply to: Anyone watch F1 ?

The Latest