Anyone have a mini backhoe/tractor?

Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 3:36pm
Wondering how capable something like a Kubota bx25-d is. Anyone own one or something similar?

Considering purchasing one to clear out / maintain approx. a 2 acre lot I have. Wanting to build some bicycle jumps/pump track on the property and didn't know if the machine would be capable enough for jump building or if I would just be wasting my time...

How fast does it dig with the backhoe?

Also would like to use it for general chores such as dragging logs out of the woods for firewood/mowing etc...

Thanks!
|
Tim507
5/20/2015 7:35pm
Rent is much better in my opinion. I've owned many different paces of equipment over the years........seriously consider renting. You get to try them out and maintenance, storage, depreciation is by someone else
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
5/20/2015 8:42pm
Are you looking at purchasing it down on Rt 50 in WV? I hear they have the best deals on Kubota stuff there. If you are traveling down that way, you might go ahead and travel the rest of the way to Clarksburg and check out the Mahendra tractors. If you turn onto I-79 north from 50, Mahendra of Clarksburg is located at the first exit, the Meadow Brook Mall exit. I hear they are a little more powerful/ capable than the Kubota. I don't know if either one will perform as well as a Teramite. Terimite are manufactured in Chaleston WV and they are a very useful little machine. But I don't think they come with attachments like a mower deck ect. They are more of a mini backhoe with strong hydraulics.
500guy
5/20/2015 9:05pm
Tim507 wrote:
Rent is much better in my opinion. I've owned many different paces of equipment over the years........seriously consider renting. You get to try them out and...
Rent is much better in my opinion. I've owned many different paces of equipment over the years........seriously consider renting. You get to try them out and maintenance, storage, depreciation is by someone else
I agree, Rent and see what you like plus if you have no way to make money with it, it's just a big toy that will be a burden.

The Shop

hillbilly
5/21/2015 4:55am
I have a woods version,the largest they make that hangs on the 3 point hitch. It uses the lift arms but has its own top link hookup.

Large tank and pump that goes on PTO.

2 buckets,12 inch and 24 inch. Will dig 9 feet deep .

Use it all the time ,ditching and smoothing with bottom of bucket sweeping side to side. Handy as a shirt with a pocket.

Sure,it aint as fast as a real backhoebut damn close.

When my kids were young I'd dig holes for them to play in.

It also comes in handy as a crane.
Atmos
5/21/2015 7:51am
Listen to others' advice. RENT!
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
5/21/2015 8:58am
I have a friend who has one, loves it. Says everyone laughed at him when he talked about buying it and now those are the first in line wanting to borrow it.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
5/21/2015 9:01am
One of the local power equipment companies here has a yard and lets you test it first, you can move some dirt around. Maybe that would help decide?
SEE ARE125
5/21/2015 9:03am
I don't have anything that small, but I have a 50hp John Deere w/ loader and a Cat 304CR mini-excavator. Honestly, I couldn't imagine NOT having them. Having one around comes in handy for so many things that you'd never think of. For what you're doing I think it would be perfect. It would replace your mower, and you would find hundreds of uses for it that would make things a lot easier but wouldn't be justified by going out and dropping $200 on a rental. One example that I used my Deere for recently was washing the siding on my house. Just got in the front bucket with the pressure washer and my wife raised me up to reach the spots I couldn't reach from the ground. Like hillbilly said, they make nice cranes, too. You can drop the backhoe and get a yard box, auger, or hundreds of other attachments for just about any task.
huck
5/21/2015 9:04am
Best way to get hurt on a backhoe....operate one of those light, under powered ones like in that picture.
brlatm
5/21/2015 3:00pm
I have the BX25 with the backhoe and I love it. I have been using it to clear brush off my 3 acres and clear it out as it is very thick. See if you can rent one first and decide if that is for you or not.

The backhoe works fairly well but the bucket is not very big. My son and I were able to pull up a tree stump we had buried.

Best of luck.
hillbilly
5/21/2015 3:11pm
Mine goes on a big 4wd international ,it will dip a ful bucket thru the hardest ground,no problem.

You can launch yourself out of the seat if you are a stupid fuck,never happened to me.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/21/2015 3:27pm
hillbilly wrote:
This unit is like a gram of blow,makes you want the 8 ball.
Are you offering?Woohoo
hillbilly
5/21/2015 3:36pm
hillbilly wrote:
This unit is like a gram of blow,makes you want the 8 ball.
EZZA 95B wrote:
Are you offering?Woohoo
I wish dude,i aint seen blow in years and the last i did see was like kerosene.

All the rednecks round here do that meth cook in the coke bottle shit.

I'd rather lick a car battery.

The 80s had there pluses.

Post a reply to: Anyone have a mini backhoe/tractor?

The Latest