Anti gun celebrities

newmann
Goes on multiple social media rants calling for gun control. Hires more armed body guards. Too funny, if only idiots didn't worship them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2770669/Kim-Kardashian-Kan…

|
8/8/2016 2:54pm
If only those type of celbrities we're not around at all.

It's the strangest thing for most of us from a foreign country to understand the gun culture in USA.
Please this is not a personal slur on you as i can tell from your passion of bikes and cars that you are almost sane.

Seriouly though,

I have read previously that you have a couple of weapons,
in your area do most households have a weapon. What are the ramifications if a minor accesses your weapon and fires it?

Can you discharge it in your suburbia home?
Do you reguarly shoot it, are there shooting ranges all over?
What age are people allowed to own a firearm?

When dressing in the morning is it just natural, keys wallet phone and gun?

I am not informed to have a view on this, although i have fired pistols when younger as my father was a competition pistol shooter, i remember the power and thrill of his 45 Auto and 357 Mag.

In australia lawa are strict, competition use after police checks and club memberships for pistols or farmers for rifles and shotguns, this also includes air rifles.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/8/2016 3:04pm
Sean Penn is all anti gun but he went down after hurricane Katrina he was shot gun Sean , I guess he wanted it in case of snakes and alligators. WoohooWoohoo

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/8/2016 3:08pm
Matt Damon is a hypocritical piece of shit too

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/8/2016 4:48pm
Pretty sure Ted Nugent has a lot of anti-gun posts.

The Shop

bsm121
8/8/2016 4:54pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Matt Damon is a hypocritical piece of shit too [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/08/146334/s1200_Hollywood_Hypocrite_Anti_Gunner_Matt_Damon.jpg[/img]

That's a stretch. He killed people in those movies too. I'm sure he's probably anti-murder as well.

I think you are confusing the artist with his craft.
Uncle Tony
8/8/2016 4:57pm
I don't know for sure but didn't hitler disarm Germany before WW2?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/8/2016 5:44pm
The cat that scratched him must have really struck a nerve!
Jimmy_Sloan
8/8/2016 6:21pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Matt Damon is a hypocritical piece of shit too [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/08/146334/s1200_Hollywood_Hypocrite_Anti_Gunner_Matt_Damon.jpg[/img]

bsm121 wrote:
That's a stretch. He killed people in those movies too. I'm sure he's probably anti-murder as well. I think you are confusing the artist with his...
That's a stretch. He killed people in those movies too. I'm sure he's probably anti-murder as well.

Exactly.
APLMAN99
8/8/2016 6:32pm
lostboy819 wrote:

bsm121 wrote:
That's a stretch. He killed people in those movies too. I'm sure he's probably anti-murder as well. I think you are confusing the artist with his...

8/8/2016 6:42pm
If only those type of celbrities we're not around at all. It's the strangest thing for most of us from a foreign country to understand the...

It's the strangest thing for most of us from a foreign country to understand the gun culture in USA.
Please this is not a personal slur on you as i can tell from your passion of bikes and cars that you are almost sane.

Seriouly though,

in your area do most households have a weapon. What are the ramifications if a minor accesses your weapon and fires it?

I am not informed to have a view on this, although i have fired pistols when younger as my father was a competition pistol shooter, i remember the power and thrill of his 45 Auto and 357 Mag.

In australia lawa are strict, competition use after police checks and club memberships for pistols or farmers for rifles and shotguns, this also includes air rifles.
in your area do most households have a weapon.

YES

What are the ramifications if a minor accesses your weapon and fires it?

My guns are locked in a safe. Kids know not to touch my guns unless I'm with them. They don't know the combination. They don't have a key. When we have a party everything is locked down. Personal responsibility.

Yes, but wouldnt want to unless I'm threatened.

Backstop behind the house. And multiple ranges. I shoot 5-600 9mm a month. 2-300 556. And a slew of shotgun.

21 for a pistol. 18 for a rifle/shotgun.

Yes.
8/8/2016 6:45pm
It's a culture thing. Most households in the southern US have a firearm of some sort. The big issue is you have such a divid between the two political thoughts that neither will give an inch. All I know is it's educating the people that have no idea about firearms, other than what they know for the idiot box (tv).
I've done conceal carry classes where people want a firearm for personal protection. They roll into class with a .45 APC and have no idea about how to work it, much less shoot it. Those people I give a refund and tell them to get educated on their weapon of choice. The class is really just to educate you on the laws of the state, and what you are legally able to do and not do. I refuse to rubber stamp a CC permit if the person hasn't a clue.
As far as me, its wallet, truck keys, .38, and ball cap, in that order. I always have a weapon on my person where ever I go, and with the rise of crime I am at least going to give myself the ability to create 5 seconds for me and my family to get away from being a target of some piece of crap.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/8/2016 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2016 7:05pm
lostboy819 wrote:

bsm121 wrote:

Exactly.
Murder is a crime, gun ownership is not. He is a hypocritical piece of shit.
newmann
8/8/2016 7:03pm
If only those type of celbrities we're not around at all. It's the strangest thing for most of us from a foreign country to understand the...

Seriouly though,

Texas is huge for hunters although I don't really care to hunt. I do love to shoot a gun though. Just like a golfer trying his damnedest to get that ball in the hole in as few strokes as possible, hitting a bullseye or sinking five in the same hole at 100 yards gets to be quite the challenge, if not a bit addictive. Shooting those clay targets flying through the air from all different directions? Let's just say I can understand a golfer throwing his club....Laughing

Children under the supervision of an adult can shoot guns. At the age of 18 they can legally purchase a long gun and at 21 a handgun. Short barreled rifles under 16 inch barrel length, noise suppressors and full auto machine guns fall under different rules and require additional checks, approvals, taxes and forms be filed with the proper authorities.

Shooting in your home? If someone breaks in and you shoot them there is a very good chance no charges will be filed. Chase them down the street shooting them in the back after the break in, different story.

Quite a few gun ranges. One I am a member of has several different cowboy action ranges, lever action range, multiple hand gun ranges up to 25 yards, skeet and trap ranges, full auto rapid fire range and rifle ranges from 25-500 yards. Club houses and classrooms as well. Pretty cool setup and pretty laid back atmosphere until someone gets spotted doing something wrong. Your ass will be set straight quick.

Lots of history with guns over here as well, WW2 had most major manufacturing put on hold as everybody geared up to support the war effort. Automotive plants, sewing machine mfgs., furniture mfgs., US Postal Meter, typewriter companies and companies like International Harvester geared up to make guns. So cool to see a 14 year old being able to understand and appreciate what all happened for the General Motors Saginaw Steering Gear Plant to build a 1919. Getting to shoot it nearly 70 years later is a bit of an honor.

Little one there is about to celebrate his 22nd birthday aboard the USS Wasp deployed out and about in the Mediterranean somewhere off the coast of Libya keeping the weapons tuned and loaded as they fight the boogeyman. You did mention you had enough refugees down under , didn't you?Wink

Wasp news here
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=uss+wasp+news&tbm=nws

https://youtu.be/33LZIHCa-bw

https://youtu.be/U5GHRxQnFTY
newmann
8/8/2016 7:12pm
lostboy819 wrote:

bsm121 wrote:

Exactly.
Making a living on the big screen promoting exactly what you despise does make one a bit of a hypocrite. Hollywood should not be allowed to have any guns in any movies. How's that for gun control?
8/8/2016 8:18pm
Videos of the US war machines are facination,

Rarely seen over here as our budget only allows for a biplane and one hot air balloon.

Another vitard posted Appachie night fight, that was awsome.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/8/2016 8:29pm
bsm121 wrote:

Exactly.
lostboy819 wrote:
Murder is a crime, gun ownership is not. He is a hypocritical piece of shit.
I see. So now if any actor takes a role in which they may personally not endorse the actions of the character they are playing, they are hypocrites? That doesn't make sense at all; whether murder is legal or not is not relevant to the point of whether Matt Damon is a hypocrite or not since Matt Damon's reasons for being anti-murder are not because it's illegal, but because it's ethically wrong. Attempting to draw out hypocrisy on Damon's part because he is anti-gun is akin to saying that he's a hypocrite because he's anti-murder but murders people in his movies.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/8/2016 8:30pm
newmann wrote:
Making a living on the big screen promoting exactly what you despise does make one a bit of a hypocrite. Hollywood should not be allowed to...
Making a living on the big screen promoting exactly what you despise does make one a bit of a hypocrite. Hollywood should not be allowed to have any guns in any movies. How's that for gun control?
Matt Damon is not promoting guns any more than he's promoting becoming a rogue agent and killing people.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/8/2016 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2016 10:07pm
I see. So now if any actor takes a role in which they may personally not endorse the actions of the [i]character[/i] they are playing, they...
I see. So now if any actor takes a role in which they may personally not endorse the actions of the character they are playing, they are hypocrites? That doesn't make sense at all; whether murder is legal or not is not relevant to the point of whether Matt Damon is a hypocrite or not since Matt Damon's reasons for being anti-murder are not because it's illegal, but because it's ethically wrong. Attempting to draw out hypocrisy on Damon's part because he is anti-gun is akin to saying that he's a hypocrite because he's anti-murder but murders people in his movies.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Funny thing about these Hollywood hypocrites is they all most all play a "good guy" with a gun.
http://ijr.com/2014/09/171921-hollywoods-ironic-supporters-gun-control/
8/8/2016 10:31pm
It's almost like they've heard of the real world before but choose to ignore it because...they're stinking-rich and can afford to isolate themselves from most of us idiots that pay to see some of the garbage they peddle(though I did like the Bourne series).

Matt Damon IS a hypocrite, sorry. Same guy that sends his kids to private school but is against vouchers.

Jimmy_Sloan
8/8/2016 11:43pm
I see. So now if any actor takes a role in which they may personally not endorse the actions of the [i]character[/i] they are playing, they...
lostboy819 wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Funny thing about these Hollywood hypocrites is they all most all play a "good guy" with a gun.
People like you just think that if you keep repeating yourself and saying it loud enough that it's true.
8/9/2016 6:42am
You should go to Matt Damon, Katy Perry, and Ben Affleck's houses to discuss the issue. You will be met by armed private security many former SAS and Operators.Guns are okay to protect to him just not us.
8/9/2016 7:24am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 7:32am
newmann wrote:
Texas is huge for hunters although I don't really care to hunt. I do love to shoot a gun though. Just like a golfer trying his...
Texas is huge for hunters although I don't really care to hunt. I do love to shoot a gun though. Just like a golfer trying his damnedest to get that ball in the hole in as few strokes as possible, hitting a bullseye or sinking five in the same hole at 100 yards gets to be quite the challenge, if not a bit addictive. Shooting those clay targets flying through the air from all different directions? Let's just say I can understand a golfer throwing his club....Laughing

Children under the supervision of an adult can shoot guns. At the age of 18 they can legally purchase a long gun and at 21 a handgun. Short barreled rifles under 16 inch barrel length, noise suppressors and full auto machine guns fall under different rules and require additional checks, approvals, taxes and forms be filed with the proper authorities.

Shooting in your home? If someone breaks in and you shoot them there is a very good chance no charges will be filed. Chase them down the street shooting them in the back after the break in, different story.

Quite a few gun ranges. One I am a member of has several different cowboy action ranges, lever action range, multiple hand gun ranges up to 25 yards, skeet and trap ranges, full auto rapid fire range and rifle ranges from 25-500 yards. Club houses and classrooms as well. Pretty cool setup and pretty laid back atmosphere until someone gets spotted doing something wrong. Your ass will be set straight quick.

Lots of history with guns over here as well, WW2 had most major manufacturing put on hold as everybody geared up to support the war effort. Automotive plants, sewing machine mfgs., furniture mfgs., US Postal Meter, typewriter companies and companies like International Harvester geared up to make guns. So cool to see a 14 year old being able to understand and appreciate what all happened for the General Motors Saginaw Steering Gear Plant to build a 1919. Getting to shoot it nearly 70 years later is a bit of an honor.

Little one there is about to celebrate his 22nd birthday aboard the USS Wasp deployed out and about in the Mediterranean somewhere off the coast of Libya keeping the weapons tuned and loaded as they fight the boogeyman. You did mention you had enough refugees down under , didn't you?Wink

Wasp news here
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=uss+wasp+news&tbm=nws

https://youtu.be/33LZIHCa-bw

https://youtu.be/U5GHRxQnFTY
Never mind, not really the thread. My mistake. Edit.
newmann
8/9/2016 8:24am
Never mind, not really the thread. My mistake. Edit.
But interesting....Smile Been a few like that come out over the years that failed to live up to the expectations. Firing on the release would require a bit of practice to get comfortable with it. Definitely not one to hand off to a buddy and say "here, try this".
tuggy450
8/9/2016 9:25am
You should go to Matt Damon, Katy Perry, and Ben Affleck's houses to discuss the issue. You will be met by armed private security many former...
You should go to Matt Damon, Katy Perry, and Ben Affleck's houses to discuss the issue. You will be met by armed private security many former SAS and Operators.Guns are okay to protect to him just not us.
this about sums it up.
more of the one law for me another law for you crowd
IWreckALot
8/9/2016 10:27am
lostboy819 wrote:
People like you just think that if you keep repeating yourself and saying it loud enough that it's true.
Pot? Meet kettle. Your opinion hasn’t changed similar to lostboy's or Newmann's.

Some would argue that the glorification of guns, and seeing methods used in movies provides motivation and tactics that can be carried out in the real world where that line of thinking may not have come prior to seeing a movie. Movies are dramatized, and often don’t make sense, the people who are willing to carry out such an attack already have a screw loose. So they aren’t rooted in logic or anything of that nature.

How many lives were lost in Australia a year before and after their gun control measures? Total deaths, not just deaths from a gun? I imagine they barely made a blip on the radar. Same would happen here.

Post a reply to: Anti gun celebrities

The Latest