A redo of of one of mine

borg
|
Mr. G
4/24/2017 2:36pm
This may be the best original anyone has ever posted here. Perhaps I didn't realize how good you are or maybe you just got better. Either way this song has so much vibe and phrasing.
borg
4/24/2017 6:29pm
Mr. G wrote:
This may be the best original anyone has ever posted here. Perhaps I didn't realize how good you are or maybe you just got better. Either...
This may be the best original anyone has ever posted here. Perhaps I didn't realize how good you are or maybe you just got better. Either way this song has so much vibe and phrasing.
Easy there G. My head is liable to swell up. I have been kicking that song around for about a year and finally settled on that arrangement. Thanks for the very kind words. I was listening to the short take I did on Goulash this morning on the way to work. I cant tear myself away from it. Have you done any more with it?
borg
4/24/2017 6:34pm
Nice job borg, Maybe a little Pink Floyd influence there?
Any resemblance to Floyd is totally coincidental.Wink
Working on Floyd covers has driven me there. They force me to think things through and pay more attention to detail.
Thanks.

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
4/25/2017 6:41pm
Awesome. How much equipment do you have to put that together ? Just curious. Sounded great
Mr. G
4/25/2017 7:32pm
Mr. G wrote:
This may be the best original anyone has ever posted here. Perhaps I didn't realize how good you are or maybe you just got better. Either...
borg wrote:
Easy there G. My head is liable to swell up. I have been kicking that song around for about a year and finally settled on that...
Easy there G. My head is liable to swell up. I have been kicking that song around for about a year and finally settled on that arrangement. Thanks for the very kind words. I was listening to the short take I did on Goulash this morning on the way to work. I cant tear myself away from it. Have you done any more with it?
Why yes. It is almost done. I wish I could quit working and just do this.
borg
4/26/2017 7:41am
sumdood wrote:
Awesome. How much equipment do you have to put that together ? Just curious. Sounded great
Surprisingly little in comparison to the old analog days.

To get started, you really only need a good mic, I use an SM57. An interface, I use M-Track and the DAW, I use Reaper.
I use a live bass but you can get software for that. I also use a live keyboard for a lot of stuff including synthesizer because it's so much faster than MIDI. For drums, it's all software. Mr. G uses EZ Drummer.

If you decide to jump in, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the learning process. I'm semi retired so I have the time. I'm about 2 years into it and don't regret 1 second of it. Fantastic hobby.
Mr. G
4/26/2017 4:51pm
Best hobby EVER. I kind of wish I would have skipped all those years gigging and just did what I do now. Mine is totally in the box. No amps, no mics. Just guitar rig 5 and EZ drummer. And of course Reaper. I got lucky and bought Guitar Rig when they were still making the Pedal. Now days when you buy Guitar Rig you don't get a pedal so you have to use an interface. One last thing, I don't even have studio monitors. I took a computer speaker system and cut the wires and stuck them into some Polk desktop speakers. All very low end. Total $ spent $430 including the desk top computer which I bought used. Well I guess if I include my 7 guitars and bass it comes to $1273.00.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
4/26/2017 5:07pm
Way over my head, I'm still trying to master one guitar. That seems like it would be a fun hobby indeed !
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/26/2017 9:25pm
borg wrote:
Any resemblance to Floyd is totally coincidental.;) Working on Floyd covers has driven me there. They force me to think things through and pay more attention...
Working on Floyd covers has driven me there. They force me to think things through and pay more attention to detail.
Thanks.
Oh yeah, this sounds like an outtake from Animals

Really nice.
borg
4/27/2017 11:15am
borg wrote:
Any resemblance to Floyd is totally coincidental.;) Working on Floyd covers has driven me there. They force me to think things through and pay more attention...
Thanks.
Falcon wrote:
Oh yeah, this sounds like an outtake from Animals

Really nice.
That's a great album. The melodies are so unique. I really like the acoustic guitar intro to Dogs.

Post a reply to: A redo of of one of mine

The Latest