9/11/2014 your thoughts

hillbilly
9/4/2014 7:04am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 12:01am
What you guys think will happen ?

I say we will be attacked. Car bombs will be the delivery device.

The 11 missing airliners ? Israel would be the obvious target or a US embassy.

This isis bunch could easily have several Americans that went over,trained,and came back,waiting on thursday.
|
jndmx
9/4/2014 7:16am
I'm going to be flying on that day.
Coming down to ATL....
huck
9/4/2014 7:26am
hillbilly wrote:
What you guys think will happen ? I say we will be attacked. Car bombs will be the delivery device. The 11 missing airliners ? Israel...

This isis bunch could easily have several Americans that went over,trained,and came back,waiting on thursday.
What will happen? Nothing to Northern Arkansas.... but to some of the big cities? Who knows...maybe it's time for another wake up call? Hopefully nothing will happen!
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/4/2014 7:27am
These missing planes scare me a tad.
IWreckALot
9/4/2014 7:38am
I hope I'm not naive but if I were a terrorist (which I promise I'm not) I don't think I'd be picking a day that has already been used.

My thoughts on what has happened since 9/11. . . I can't say the world has gone in the right direction as far as the Middle East is concerned.

I don't think we've battled terrorists in the right manner. Not that we've done all wrong in the "War on Terror" but I'm afraid the cold hard truth is that there isn't any winning against them. Eliminating the terrorists would come with a HUGE innocent civilian loss as well because they don't stand out from civilians for the most part and hide among the civilians.

It's easy to say make a parking lot and start over. But that's the answer you give when there aren't any other answers. I don't like it and am glad I'm not in the position to have to make any decisions.

The Shop

hvaughn88
9/4/2014 7:39am
MxKing809 wrote:
Damn, I guess I've been under a huge rock lately. What's the deal with the missing planes? I haven't heard anything about it.
huck
9/4/2014 7:52am
MxKing809 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Damn, I guess I've been under a huge rock lately. What's the deal with the missing planes? I haven't heard anything about it.
I've just heard small details too...it's sure not being broadcast on the news....
4stroke4DWIN
9/4/2014 8:12am
MxKing809 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
ISIS I believe took over an airport in Libya and 11 planes went missing. Lots of speculation that MH370 was a dry run to see if a plane could go missing and not be found. I know there is lots of chatter that an attack is imminent. If the government knows this, why haven't they said" stock up on basic supplies just in case"?
Barrett57
9/4/2014 8:13am
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/2/missing-libyan-jetliners…

Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and Western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.

Intelligence reports of the stolen jetliners were distributed within the U.S. government over the past two weeks and included a warning that one or more of the aircraft could be used in an attack later this month on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York and Washington, said U.S. officials familiar with the reports.

“There are a number of commercial airliners in Libya that are missing,” said one official. “We found out on Sept. 11 what can happen with hijacked planes.”

Good thing we helped get rid of Gaddafi and made Libya a stable country.
PalerBlue
9/4/2014 8:30am
IWreckALot wrote:
I hope I'm not naive but if I were a terrorist (which I promise I'm not) I don't think I'd be picking a day that has...
I hope I'm not naive but if I were a terrorist (which I promise I'm not) I don't think I'd be picking a day that has already been used.

My thoughts on what has happened since 9/11. . . I can't say the world has gone in the right direction as far as the Middle East is concerned.

I don't think we've battled terrorists in the right manner. Not that we've done all wrong in the "War on Terror" but I'm afraid the cold hard truth is that there isn't any winning against them. Eliminating the terrorists would come with a HUGE innocent civilian loss as well because they don't stand out from civilians for the most part and hide among the civilians.

It's easy to say make a parking lot and start over. But that's the answer you give when there aren't any other answers. I don't like it and am glad I'm not in the position to have to make any decisions.
Mate , that's got to be your most considered post ever, I agree with every word. I don't envy the guys who do have to make decisions, there are no black and white with this, only lots of murky greys....
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/4/2014 8:36am
I don't believe that MH370 ended up in the ocean. They probably landed it in Turkey or some Central Asian country. They proved that they could make it disappear..... That scares me
4stroke4DWIN
9/4/2014 8:42am
IWreckALot wrote:
I hope I'm not naive but if I were a terrorist (which I promise I'm not) I don't think I'd be picking a day that has...

PalerBlue wrote:
Mate , that's got to be your most considered post ever, I agree with every word. I don't envy the guys who do have to make...
Mate , that's got to be your most considered post ever, I agree with every word. I don't envy the guys who do have to make decisions, there are no black and white with this, only lots of murky greys....
You hearing anything about a beheading in London? Some of my FB friends just posted something about it?
9/4/2014 10:00am
I'll be sitting at my desk on 9/11, as usual- three blocks from the White House.
So- I hope not.
9/4/2014 10:31am
hillbilly wrote:
What you guys think will happen ? I say we will be attacked. Car bombs will be the delivery device. The 11 missing airliners ? Israel...

I hope nothing happens, and I doubt it will. Why would terrorist pick a day that they know is probably going to have heightened security?
thesadguy
9/4/2014 10:45am
dirty bomb bitches. from the open border. somewhere in texas..
huck
9/4/2014 10:46am
thesadguy wrote:
dirty bomb bitches. from the open border. somewhere in texas..
Yep! As long as it doesn't hit the golf courses, that cock sucker in DC won't care!
rhargrave431
9/4/2014 10:48am
MxKing809 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Yes, I feel like we are fighting this War on Terror in the wrong spots right now... Scary world we are all living in.
71Fish
9/4/2014 11:01am
IWreckALot wrote:

Anniversaries mean a lot more to us (Americans/Westerners) than to terrorists. Sure terrorists are stupid, but not so stupid to attack on the one day out of the year when they are least likely to be successful. But on the otherhand, to actually complete an attack on that day would be a feather in their cap.

Defeating terrorism is probably an impossible task. We cut off the head of the snake now a worse group pops up. ISIS has former Iraqi military officers running things so they have some actual tactical trail ALQ and the taliban didn't have.

This will not end quickly or "manageably".
enketchum
9/4/2014 11:15am
Back to School Night is on the 11th. Maybe if the terrorists do something, I won't have 128 sets of parents coming to Back to School Night asking if their student can turn in late homework or if this material will be on the test....
71Fish
9/4/2014 11:21am
Heard on the news recently that ISIS is making threats towards Russia. Since Obama is scared to make a decision, it would be cool to let ISIS and Russia have it out while we watch as Russia did while we battle ALQ.
hillbilly
9/4/2014 11:36am
hillbilly wrote:

I hope nothing happens, and I doubt it will. Why would terrorist pick a day that they know is probably going to have heightened security?
I dont think TSA is going to profile that day nor do I think that is the route a terrorist will take. And,a heightened stateof security seems laughable with the southern border being wfo.

Here,it will be small,soft targets,malls,sport event,subway,bus.

Isis has taken credit for 40 suicide bombers but I don't think these guys want to die like the last bunch. They want to watch their handy work.

40 Americans have gone over there from Minnesota out of the same group of the 2 dead from last week. Word is they could be back under new credentials.

9/11 is the day they want to strike ,no matter what,that is the day.
4stroke4DWIN
9/4/2014 12:08pm
Southern border my friends, read an article that said "malls, schools, stadiums are targets along with car bombing" who really knows wtf is going on? As U.S. Citizens we shouldn't be kept in the dark. One major concern is the power grid. They say that 4 out of 10 would die if the grid was shut down for a yr, folks would start dropping like flys.
indy_maico
9/4/2014 12:41pm
Chick-fil-A opens on Keystone Ave in Indy on that day.

I love those breakfast biscuits they have. Gonna get me some that morning!
9/4/2014 12:44pm
Lol you guys really think ISIL fighters are sneaking into the US via Mexico? Its going to be some loser kid that identifies with their "cause" and either builds a bomb like the Tsarnaev brothers or goes on a rampage. They don't have to go through the trouble of trying to carry out these elaborate attacks. They can get some idiot that believes the bullsh** they spew on their twitter feed to carry out something that might not be as big as 9/11 but have similar psychological impact.
Fantasy
4342nd
9/4/2014 12:51pm
Lol you guys really think ISIL fighters are sneaking into the US via Mexico? Its going to be some loser kid that identifies with their "cause"...
Lol you guys really think ISIL fighters are sneaking into the US via Mexico? Its going to be some loser kid that identifies with their "cause" and either builds a bomb like the Tsarnaev brothers or goes on a rampage. They don't have to go through the trouble of trying to carry out these elaborate attacks. They can get some idiot that believes the bullsh** they spew on their twitter feed to carry out something that might not be as big as 9/11 but have similar psychological impact.
This ^

">American suicide bomber
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/4/2014 2:28pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I don't believe that MH370 ended up in the ocean. They probably landed it in Turkey or some Central Asian country. They proved that they could...
I don't believe that MH370 ended up in the ocean. They probably landed it in Turkey or some Central Asian country. They proved that they could make it disappear..... That scares me
WoohooWoohooWoohoo
hvaughn88
9/4/2014 6:28pm
That's a really good point. I think I'm gonna take your advice
TDeath21
9/4/2014 7:12pm
We will never be attacked in a way that we're ready for. Nobody ever expected terrorists using planes as weapons in 2001. It'll be something we don't have defenses up for and that we have never thought of. Yeah I guess the heightened security is a good idea, but whatever the terrorists might be planning, it's going to exploit something we won't even see coming.

Post a reply to: 9/11/2014 your thoughts

The Latest