ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:37pm
Golden State Warriors achieve the greatest regular season in NBA history. (breaking the Jordan / Bulls record, which was said would NEVER be done)

Steph Curry finishes with 402 three pointers to break the record (his own last season of 286)

Unbelievable!!!!!

This dude is NorCal Proud!

...off to the playoffs.

|
ocscottie
4/13/2016 11:23pm
Trip on this (one of the other players is Curry's coach!)

Stephen Curry: 3rd player to shoot 90% from the FT line, 50% from the field and 45% from 3-point range in a season.

mxb2
4/14/2016 4:45am
Great record, great team, would love to see that bulls team play the warriors team.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
4/14/2016 5:23am
Quite an achievement. And they are all named Steve to boot.

In other news, Kobe quit last night.

The Shop

Titan1
4/14/2016 5:43am
AHRMA361 wrote:
Quite an achievement. And they are all named Steve to boot.

In other news, Kobe quit last night.
Given how banged up Kobe's been all season, to drop 60 in the last game of his career was impressive...never mind it was against my Jazz. Sure, the game was meaningless to both teams, and was all about Kobe, but still, they dude has played limited minutes-for him- in his fair well tour around the league this year, then to do what he did last night was impressive...and to give the Lakers something-one last something-to be proud of in this brutal season they've had. I was happy for him.
G-man
4/14/2016 6:47am
Incredible season and Curry should be the FIRST EVER unanimous MVP.

Whoever does not vote for him as MVP is an idiot.

They should roll through the playoffs.
APLMAN99
4/14/2016 9:03am
ocscottie wrote:
Trip on this (one of the other players is Curry's coach!) Stephen Curry: 3rd player to shoot 90% from the FT line, 50% from the field...
Trip on this (one of the other players is Curry's coach!)

Stephen Curry: 3rd player to shoot 90% from the FT line, 50% from the field and 45% from 3-point range in a season.

What's crazy is that Klay Thompson is amazingly close to those numbers as well!

hvaughn88
4/14/2016 9:32am
G-man wrote:
Incredible season and Curry should be the FIRST EVER unanimous MVP. Whoever does not vote for him as MVP is an idiot. They should roll through...
Incredible season and Curry should be the FIRST EVER unanimous MVP.

Whoever does not vote for him as MVP is an idiot.

They should roll through the playoffs.
It happen though, there's always gonna be that one dude that's wants to go against the grain. Kind of like Griffey not getting 100% of the hall of fame votes. That was ridiculous.
peelout
4/14/2016 9:37am
sorry to change the subject, but how about that signing off by Kobe last night?

i got to watch Kobe put 60 up on my Jazz last night (not in person). the Lakers scored 41 to Kobe's 60, unreal.

and i'm not even mad

watching his performance gave me the chills, i was smiling and laughing the entire time at how amazing he played

thanks for the good times, i loved rooting against you but also watching your entire career

"Mamba Out"
mxb2
4/14/2016 11:53am
peelout wrote:
sorry to change the subject, but how about that signing off by Kobe last night? i got to watch Kobe put 60 up on my Jazz...

i got to watch Kobe put 60 up on my Jazz last night (not in person). the Lakers scored 41 to Kobe's 60, unreal.

and i'm not even mad

watching his performance gave me the chills, i was smiling and laughing the entire time at how amazing he played

thanks for the good times, i loved rooting against you but also watching your entire career

"Mamba Out"
He shot 50 times lol , not saying its easy, but any decent playing can score crazy points with the green light from the coach.
kongols
4/14/2016 12:14pm
peelout wrote:
sorry to change the subject, but how about that signing off by Kobe last night? i got to watch Kobe put 60 up on my Jazz...

and i'm not even mad

"Mamba Out"
mxb2 wrote:
He shot 50 times lol , not saying its easy, but any decent playing can score crazy points with the green light from the coach.
I don`t think you`re right. He was 22-50, threepointers 6-21. That`s 16-29 two pointers, which is very good. He was hot.
Titan1
4/14/2016 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2016 1:08pm
peelout wrote:

and i'm not even mad

"Mamba Out"
mxb2 wrote:
kongols wrote:
I don`t think you`re right. He was 22-50, threepointers 6-21. That`s 16-29 two pointers, which is very good. He was hot.
Yup!

That 3-point percentage is pretty ugly (30% isn't terrible either), but that two point percentage is good...what is that 55%?

And don't forget, his body is just plain beat...he had to sit the last quarter (and overtime) of the Heat game because of "general soreness"...he's played limited minutes in several games this year just because of pain...so for him to go out and play all those minutes is a feat in itself, then to do AND score 60 points is impressive. Go out in your driveway, and take 50 jump shots...not the easiest thing in the world...then take a shot, run 50 yards and back, take another shot, run 50 yards and back...and try 50 shots that way...what he did last night was special! I'm glad I had the opportunity to watch it (and I'm not even mad the Jazz blew a 15 point half time lead).
mxb2
4/14/2016 2:35pm
peelout wrote:

and i'm not even mad

"Mamba Out"
mxb2 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Shooting less than 50% from the field isnt that good. Anyone taking 50 shots shd score at least 40 pts haha.
APLMAN99
4/14/2016 4:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
kongols wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Shooting less than 50% from the field isnt that good. Anyone taking 50 shots shd score at least 40 pts haha.
You may not realize it, but less than 30 players in the entire league had a FG percentage greater than 50% last season. It's not as easy to score as it might seem.

I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't make 60% of the shots he attempted with an average high school player defending you, never mind a world class athlete probably 15 years younger trying to shut you down.
mxb2
4/14/2016 5:33pm
kongols wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
You may not realize it, but less than 30 players in the entire league had a FG percentage greater than 50% last season. It's not as...
You may not realize it, but less than 30 players in the entire league had a FG percentage greater than 50% last season. It's not as easy to score as it might seem.

I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't make 60% of the shots he attempted with an average high school player defending you, never mind a world class athlete probably 15 years younger trying to shut you down.
I am.not a hall of famer, have you seen me play? How would you know? Any decent player putting up 50 shots will score at least 30pts on a bad night.
APLMAN99
4/14/2016 5:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
I am.not a hall of famer, have you seen me play? How would you know? Any decent player putting up 50 shots will score at least...
I am.not a hall of famer, have you seen me play? How would you know? Any decent player putting up 50 shots will score at least 30pts on a bad night.
So you've went from anyone taking 50 shots scoring 40 points to a "decent player" only scoring 30.......

Kobe scored double what you just said a "decent player" would score.
mxb2
4/14/2016 6:52pm
Yea any decent player , Kobe.shd score 60 with 50 attempts. I guarantee if i get 50 shots against a high school . player like you say. I will have 30-40 pts. Kobe had the green light from,coach,players on his final game , Great career for a great player.
APLMAN99
4/15/2016 12:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea any decent player , Kobe.shd score 60 with 50 attempts. I guarantee if i get 50 shots against a high school . player like you...
Yea any decent player , Kobe.shd score 60 with 50 attempts. I guarantee if i get 50 shots against a high school . player like you say. I will have 30-40 pts. Kobe had the green light from,coach,players on his final game , Great career for a great player.
I seriously doubt you could get 50 true shots against a decent high school team. Unless you are hoisting it up from behind half court or something, or playing against a high school smaller than the one in Hoosiers.

If you were a player "back in the day", you should have several 60 point games and some records to your name. 60 points wins an average high school game alone, so simply getting you the ball for 50 looks would have been a winning strategy........
mxb2
4/15/2016 12:14pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea any decent player , Kobe.shd score 60 with 50 attempts. I guarantee if i get 50 shots against a high school . player like you...
APLMAN99 wrote:
I seriously doubt you could get 50 true shots against a decent high school team. Unless you are hoisting it up from behind half court or...
I seriously doubt you could get 50 true shots against a decent high school team. Unless you are hoisting it up from behind half court or something, or playing against a high school smaller than the one in Hoosiers.

If you were a player "back in the day", you should have several 60 point games and some records to your name. 60 points wins an average high school game alone, so simply getting you the ball for 50 looks would have been a winning strategy........
I am not comparing me to kobe, but like i said if the coach gave me the green light to shoot it 50 times, i would score 30-40. I have played against wizards,bullets mystic ,d league players,euro league players, in the dc area, and i never played college ball, held my own, and have played with street players that could play in the nba, lack of drive,education, discipline kept them from going further. I played with the wizards coaching staff and we played the wnba mystics team. and beat them in a scrimmage. Pretty bad when middle age men beat a so called pro team.
kongols
4/15/2016 12:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
I am not comparing me to kobe, but like i said if the coach gave me the green light to shoot it 50 times, i would...
I am not comparing me to kobe, but like i said if the coach gave me the green light to shoot it 50 times, i would score 30-40. I have played against wizards,bullets mystic ,d league players,euro league players, in the dc area, and i never played college ball, held my own, and have played with street players that could play in the nba, lack of drive,education, discipline kept them from going further. I played with the wizards coaching staff and we played the wnba mystics team. and beat them in a scrimmage. Pretty bad when middle age men beat a so called pro team.
If you would shoot over 50% from a game, you WOULD get a permition from coach, in fact, you`d be carrying the team.
mxb2
4/15/2016 12:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
I am not comparing me to kobe, but like i said if the coach gave me the green light to shoot it 50 times, i would...
kongols wrote:
If you would shoot over 50% from a game, you WOULD get a permition from coach, in fact, you`d be carrying the team.
Yep, and most coaches from junior high to pro level wont allow a player to shoot it 50 times. Kobe got the green light for the farewell game. Credit to him for making the shots, but either way he was letting it fly. CoolCool
hvaughn88
4/15/2016 12:43pm
This argument ya'll have going is hilarious. Just thought you should know.
mxb2
4/15/2016 12:46pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
What argument?,_its a forum, thanks for your contribution though.
hvaughn88
4/15/2016 12:48pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
What argument?,_its a forum, thanks for your contribution though.
anytime
JW381
4/15/2016 2:10pm
That was a fun night of basketball. GSW and kobe dropping 60 in his final game. Pretty unreal
mxb2
4/15/2016 2:20pm
JW381 wrote:
That was a fun night of basketball. GSW and kobe dropping 60 in his final game. Pretty unreal
Great night of hoops, love the nba.
APLMAN99
4/15/2016 4:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I seriously doubt you could get 50 true shots against a decent high school team. Unless you are hoisting it up from behind half court or...

mxb2 wrote:
If you can hold your own with NBA players playing anywhere close to full speed, you'd be on a roster.

When you stated that shooting 50% wasn't good, you proved your ignorance, you're simply solidifying it now.
mxb2
4/15/2016 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2016 5:22pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
If you can hold your own with NBA players playing anywhere close to full speed, you'd be on a roster. When you stated that shooting 50%...
If you can hold your own with NBA players playing anywhere close to full speed, you'd be on a roster.

When you stated that shooting 50% wasn't good, you proved your ignorance, you're simply solidifying it now.
I mean hold my own, as not embarrasing myself on the floor. Pickup games and full nba games 2 whole different things. Guess you are new to the sport. Too ,slow, not enough skills for the nba, but i can play at a decent level. No need to prove anything to you, but if you come to dc, bring some cash, we can play 1 on 1 ,to see if you are as good as you think you know about the sport. Doesnt matter what i say,you win the internet lmao.
mxb2
4/15/2016 5:23pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
If you can hold your own with NBA players playing anywhere close to full speed, you'd be on a roster. When you stated that shooting 50%...

I said under 50% , reread. It slowly.
SF45
4/15/2016 6:08pm
That record ain't being broken for a looooooooong time.

Post a reply to: 73

The Latest