5 bicyclist killed

hillbilly
|
hillbilly
6/8/2016 3:59am
A few years ago when my daughter got her car we met at walmart to get some things. On leaving this truck cuts between us wfo and just misses my kid as I'm terrified I fixing to see her injured or worse.

I call the sheriff office and follow the guy at nite with him obviouslydrunk and a huge trashcanhanging over the tailgatespilling trash.

He has a tag from the next county and law officer is 20 minutes away and we are 5 minutes from the county line.

I tell them no problem,I can slow him up.

I pull along side and shout "pull over you fat fuck ,I'm gonna whip your ass" ,he whips over and i ease up behind. He gets out and i draw him backwards staying in the car. He goes apeshit mad and drives off,

I pass him and pull off getting out saying come on,he pulls off gets out again. By now I see the bluelights coming and keep him looking my way till they get close.

He took the bait and got hauled in. Hehe.
MR. X
6/8/2016 4:42am
My dad got harassed by some drunk fuck in a pick up truck once while out for a bike ride , he swerved once at him and then turned around and did it again, luckily he was already off his bike the second time and threw a piece of 2x4 at his truck that just happened to be laying on the ground. Then the fist fight started.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/8/2016 5:29am
I just saw a glimpse last night. Are you guys saying it was on purpose?

The Shop

71Fish
6/8/2016 5:51am
kzizok wrote:
I just saw a glimpse last night. Are you guys saying it was on purpose?
Hard to say, but to kill five and injure four, he was either drunk or did it on purpose, or possibly/probably both. He got out and ran after. Feels guilty about something.
6/8/2016 7:21am
he almost ran over a guy walking before this. what a tragic story. I'm heading out for a long bike tomorrow and this sort of thing spooks me.
TailSoHard
6/8/2016 7:42am
K-Zoo isn't too far from me and I have some friends that knew the people on that ride. They're pretty shaken up about the whole thing (myself included). It's all over my Facebook feed at the moment, people are absolutely outraged. I hate when this kind of thing happens. It seems like every few weeks I have to text all my cycling buddies to make sure they weren't the ones in the most recent accident... Lost a good friend of mine 2 years ago after he got hit in broad daylight by a drunk old man in a truck and it still gets my blood boiling just thinking about it.

Hope that fucker gets put away for a long long time. And by "put away" I mean put him in a box and sink him in the ground. For the betterment of the herd, that guy needs to die. He'll get no sympathy from me.

Prairieboy43
6/8/2016 7:45am
God bless these cyclists. Scary riding bicycle in N.A.. I stick to trails. Drunks, Cell phones, Big Mac distractions. I like cycling, however??
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/8/2016 8:38am
Dont know what to say.
newmann
6/8/2016 10:06am
I have hardly ridden over the past ten years and keep saying I'm going to get back out there. Just too damn busy doing to many other things but I fondly remember many times people pulling out , swerving, getting real damn close to the highway shoulder/bike lane and the few times that assholes actually threw stuff at us. Getting hit in the back with a big bottle of hand cream from a car going 60 mph tends to leave a mark. Not to mention a bit of a mess. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a set of Go-Pros mounted front and rear these days. Assholes a plenty out there.

One of the guys who sold me my first road bike had been hit from behind by a truck and flipped over the roof and into the bed with compound fractures and the guy kept driving. Took a while for the driver to finally pull over.
peelout
6/8/2016 11:12am
wow, this news is tragic. this is why i stick to mountain biking, just never know when some idiot in a vehicle is going to not be paying attention. so sad
APLMAN99
6/8/2016 11:12am
A very good acquaintance and college friend of mine was killed on his bicycle by a hit and run driver about a year and a half ago while cycling in the Florida Keys. I'm told that the guy who hit him basically got a slap on the wrist because of his age (88).

Chris was one of the most amazing athletes I've ever known. Offensive tackle who was with both the Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks before realizing he wanted to go back for his Masters degree and signed a CFL contract that not only paid him a salary but set up an annuity that guaranteed his advanced degree would be paid for.

http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1588773-chris-dyko-…
DoctorJD
6/8/2016 11:41am
Every time I see something like this, I want to spend more time on my mountain bike. Granted, I live in the sticks and ride on roads where we may see 10 cars on the whole ride, but it only takes one...
71Fish
6/8/2016 12:48pm
newmann wrote:
I have hardly ridden over the past ten years and keep saying I'm going to get back out there. Just too damn busy doing to many...
I have hardly ridden over the past ten years and keep saying I'm going to get back out there. Just too damn busy doing to many other things but I fondly remember many times people pulling out , swerving, getting real damn close to the highway shoulder/bike lane and the few times that assholes actually threw stuff at us. Getting hit in the back with a big bottle of hand cream from a car going 60 mph tends to leave a mark. Not to mention a bit of a mess. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a set of Go-Pros mounted front and rear these days. Assholes a plenty out there.

One of the guys who sold me my first road bike had been hit from behind by a truck and flipped over the roof and into the bed with compound fractures and the guy kept driving. Took a while for the driver to finally pull over.
Seems like it was a game to see how close they could get without hitting me. Shit like this is why I stick to trails. I don't even have a road bike anymore.
Mr. G
6/8/2016 4:45pm
hillbilly wrote:
A few years ago when my daughter got her car we met at walmart to get some things. On leaving this truck cuts between us wfo...
A few years ago when my daughter got her car we met at walmart to get some things. On leaving this truck cuts between us wfo and just misses my kid as I'm terrified I fixing to see her injured or worse.

I call the sheriff office and follow the guy at nite with him obviouslydrunk and a huge trashcanhanging over the tailgatespilling trash.

He has a tag from the next county and law officer is 20 minutes away and we are 5 minutes from the county line.

I tell them no problem,I can slow him up.

I pull along side and shout "pull over you fat fuck ,I'm gonna whip your ass" ,he whips over and i ease up behind. He gets out and i draw him backwards staying in the car. He goes apeshit mad and drives off,

I pass him and pull off getting out saying come on,he pulls off gets out again. By now I see the bluelights coming and keep him looking my way till they get close.

He took the bait and got hauled in. Hehe.
Well done
6/8/2016 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2016 9:04pm
Terrible. I try to stay on bike paths and off roads. Only been cycling for 8 months but already I had a 16 year ok lock em up and squeal behind me. Swerved off the road and she missed me. Felt lucky that day. Abd I had a yellow vest and blinking strobe lights. Then a week later I had an old lady swerve at me and give me a thumbs down. Like a 95 year old. She looked like she was preparing for the funeral home.

Although I have noticed 99% of subarus give cyclists the entire lane. Lifted trucks give you about 3 inches or less off their fucking mirro. Some seem like at 70 mph+ on a 45 mph road. Shits scary. Way more dangerous than me racing a full gate of quads.
TailSoHard
6/9/2016 6:53am
Terrible. I try to stay on bike paths and off roads. Only been cycling for 8 months but already I had a 16 year ok lock...
Terrible. I try to stay on bike paths and off roads. Only been cycling for 8 months but already I had a 16 year ok lock em up and squeal behind me. Swerved off the road and she missed me. Felt lucky that day. Abd I had a yellow vest and blinking strobe lights. Then a week later I had an old lady swerve at me and give me a thumbs down. Like a 95 year old. She looked like she was preparing for the funeral home.

Although I have noticed 99% of subarus give cyclists the entire lane. Lifted trucks give you about 3 inches or less off their fucking mirro. Some seem like at 70 mph+ on a 45 mph road. Shits scary. Way more dangerous than me racing a full gate of quads.
Just be careful cycling on bike paths. I've been hit by a car twice, both times while on the bike path. People don't check the path to see if anyone is coming before they pull up to the road to make their turn. Around here there is a speed limit on bike paths, so if you DO have an accident with a car on the path and they find out you were going faster than 12-15mph, you can be SOL. Happened to me unfortunately...

Bike paths are only good for grandma and grandpa going for a slow Sunday cruise or moms walking around with their kids on bikes with training wheels.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

After being hit, I said screw it, I'm sticking to riding off-road. Haven't ridden on a paved anything in years now.

Post a reply to: 5 bicyclist killed

The Latest