4 in 4 Europeans...

huck
Edited Date/Time 2/18/2014 6:20pm
Would be speaking German, if not for the 418,000 Americans that died in WWII....
|
scooter5002
2/17/2014 11:25am
Wrong, huck. According to the world renowned all knowing all seeing historian Klowngols, it was the Russians who were the saviours of Europe. C'mon man, get your facts straight.
2/17/2014 11:28am
I have another stat for ya buck; 1 out of 1 Vital members named Rebus is a moron.
ATKpilot99
2/17/2014 11:50am
A lot of Euro allies died in that fight also .
Old-Man
2/17/2014 11:55am
Wrong, huck. According to the world renowned all knowing all seeing historian Klowngols, it was the Russians who were the saviours of Europe. C'mon man, get...
Wrong, huck. According to the world renowned all knowing all seeing historian Klowngols, it was the Russians who were the saviours of Europe. C'mon man, get your facts straight.
Haha, I remember it well

The Shop

huck
2/17/2014 12:29pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
A lot of Euro allies died in that fight also .
Nobody said they didn't....
kongols
2/17/2014 12:47pm
Did you know USA landed in Normandy at the same exact time as russians pushed germans out of Russia and started fighting towards Berlin. Difference in those times is like a week. USA didn`t join the war until it was clear that germans lost in Russia and that Russia is about to walk through Europe. That`s why half of the Europe was under American influence and half under russian for the next 45 years.
kongols
2/17/2014 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2014 12:54pm
Just to be clear. Fuck russians. They killed 20% of latvian population including some of my relatives. It just is what it is.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/17/2014 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2014 1:21pm
huck wrote:
Would be speaking German, if not for the 418,000 Americans that died in WWII....
or the Anzacs and Canadians that went in from day 1, not just joining in late due to realizing if they did not join in they would not make the money off the new Europe,

And the 418000 figure includes the pacific war as well,
Sunhouse
2/17/2014 1:37pm
huck wrote:
No.
And please don´t undermine all the other nations contributions to the war. I doubt any of the 418 000 American casualties would ever have said such a thing. Saying that is like pissing on the joint effort made by millions of soldiers and civilians all over the world, including the Americans who died
huck
2/17/2014 1:38pm
huck wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
No. And please don´t undermine all the other nations contributions to the war. I doubt any of the 418 000 American casualties would ever have said...
No.
And please don´t undermine all the other nations contributions to the war. I doubt any of the 418 000 American casualties would ever have said such a thing. Saying that is like pissing on the joint effort made by millions of soldiers and civilians all over the world, including the Americans who died
Bullshit!
Sunhouse
2/17/2014 1:42pm
huck wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
No. And please don´t undermine all the other nations contributions to the war. I doubt any of the 418 000 American casualties would ever have said...
No.
huck wrote:
Bullshit!
Good point Huh
thesadguy
2/17/2014 2:11pm
Who supplied Russia with aid and war materials? Did y'all forget about North Africa? Seems we did a pretty good job there. Germany could have taken Russia if they didn't have to worry about the western front. Hell, without our juggernaut industrial manufacturing, Germany probably would have won.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/17/2014 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2014 2:20pm
Speaking of WW2 - I watched this flick (The Monuments Men) last night.
It's based on an actual true story. Some of you guys might enjoy it.
Has some good actors in it.
Clooney,Matt Damon,Bill Murray,John Goodman
Mirror links here to an ok(not great) copy.
http://www1.zmovie.tw/movies/view/the-monuments-men-2014
vet323
2/17/2014 2:27pm
kongols wrote:
Did you know USA landed in Normandy at the same exact time as russians pushed germans out of Russia and started fighting towards Berlin. Difference in...
Did you know USA landed in Normandy at the same exact time as russians pushed germans out of Russia and started fighting towards Berlin. Difference in those times is like a week. USA didn`t join the war until it was clear that germans lost in Russia and that Russia is about to walk through Europe. That`s why half of the Europe was under American influence and half under russian for the next 45 years.
Did you know the Normandy Invasion happened 3 years after the US officially entered the war? And that

It seems obvious that all those European countries that fought in Europe deserve more credit for fighting in Europe than our country (the one that isn't in Europe).

Kongols is right, next time we should just keep our nose out of everyone else's business.
Old-Man
2/17/2014 2:31pm
FastEddy wrote:
Speaking of WW2 - I watched this flick (The Monuments Men) last night. It's based on an actual true story. Some of you guys might enjoy...
The real Doc. was on National Geographic Channel on 2/5
"Hunting Hitlers Stolen Treasures"
The Monuments Men

Good Documentary, probably on YouTube
wreckitrandy
2/17/2014 3:05pm
kongols wrote:
Did you know USA landed in Normandy at the same exact time as russians pushed germans out of Russia and started fighting towards Berlin. Difference in...
vet323 wrote:
Did you know the Normandy Invasion happened 3 years after the US officially entered the war? And that It seems obvious that all those European countries...
Did you know the Normandy Invasion happened 3 years after the US officially entered the war? And that

It seems obvious that all those European countries that fought in Europe deserve more credit for fighting in Europe than our country (the one that isn't in Europe).

Kongols is right, next time we should just keep our nose out of everyone else's business.
Precisely.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/17/2014 3:49pm
vet323 wrote:
Did you know the Normandy Invasion happened 3 years after the US officially entered the war? And that It seems obvious that all those European countries...

do you think putting your noses into plenty of places since world war 2 made the world a safer place?
the_wood109
2/17/2014 3:57pm
You flag waving dumbasses make it shameful to be an American.
huck
2/17/2014 4:31pm
Obviously you didn't get the point of this thread..... I guess they are right, there are plenty of ignorant Americans.
Sunhouse
2/17/2014 4:40pm
thesadguy wrote:
Who supplied Russia with aid and war materials? Did y'all forget about North Africa? Seems we did a pretty good job there. Germany could have taken...
Who supplied Russia with aid and war materials? Did y'all forget about North Africa? Seems we did a pretty good job there. Germany could have taken Russia if they didn't have to worry about the western front. Hell, without our juggernaut industrial manufacturing, Germany probably would have won.
there was no western front at the time when Russia started to push back the Germans. Oh wait, there was. And Britain held off on its own at the time.

What you need to understand is that no one is claiming the US contribution to the war wasn´t vital - everyone knows that. But to say it was the only reason why ww2 was won is incredibly arrogant. The war had been raging for two years already by the time America was attacked and entered the war. Britain held off, and so did Russia. That doesn´t mean we are saying the US did nothing, because they sure as hell did, as did every other allied and occupied nations. Not to mention how much the civilians all over the world suffered.

The history of war is written by the victors, and in the case of ww2 it is written by many nations, and they all have their own versions. However, I don´t think anyone, not British, French, American, and sure as hell not Norwegian, should ever make such a bold claim - as to have been the decisive factor in the allied victory. The super powers at the time all contributed, but there is no historian out there who is willing to deny that Russia took the hardest hit, but also changed the fate of the war. The Soviet Union suffered close to 27 MILLION dead. (don´t bring up the "poorly trained argument - it does nothing, they took the hit, and fought on regardless)
If my memory serves me right, the British faced 3 German divisions and two Italian divisions in North Africa. On the Eastern front Hitler sent almost 200(!).German divisions (I may be a little off on no. of divisions in NA, but not by much) Over 30 million casualties were suffered on the Eastern Front alone, and is to this day the largest armed confrontation ever!

This topic usually brews a pissing match. There is no point, but please don´t make stupid comments to undermine the joined effort, and especially the one made by the Soviet Union.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/17/2014 4:41pm
huck wrote:
Obviously you didn't get the point of this thread..... I guess they are right, there are plenty of ignorant Americans.
Hahaha Grinning
XXVoid MainXX
2/17/2014 4:56pm
FastEddy wrote:
Speaking of WW2 - I watched this flick (The Monuments Men) last night. It's based on an actual true story. Some of you guys might enjoy...
I've been wanting to see it but I heard a review on it and it apparently the worst movie ever made. Of course usually when a critic says that I like it.
Tim507
2/17/2014 5:05pm
General Motors and other American Corp's sold equipment to Germany prior and during the beginning stages of the war! Do the research..................
XXVoid MainXX
2/17/2014 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2014 5:13pm
Now they're selling us equipment. Some of it isn't too bad.

BUTCH
2/17/2014 5:20pm
vet323 wrote:

Well I sure as fuck woundn't have thought the US would have fought in their war longer than the cock suck'n euro's...for fuck sakes it it was in europe after all!Laughing
vet323
2/17/2014 5:21pm
vet323 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
do you think putting your noses into plenty of places since world war 2 made the world a safer place?
Probably.

How many global wars have you counted since 1945?
vet323
2/17/2014 5:26pm
thesadguy wrote:
Who supplied Russia with aid and war materials? Did y'all forget about North Africa? Seems we did a pretty good job there. Germany could have taken...
Sunhouse wrote:
there was no western front at the time when Russia started to push back the Germans. Oh wait, there was. And Britain held off on its...
there was no western front at the time when Russia started to push back the Germans. Oh wait, there was. And Britain held off on its own at the time.

What you need to understand is that no one is claiming the US contribution to the war wasn´t vital - everyone knows that. But to say it was the only reason why ww2 was won is incredibly arrogant. The war had been raging for two years already by the time America was attacked and entered the war. Britain held off, and so did Russia. That doesn´t mean we are saying the US did nothing, because they sure as hell did, as did every other allied and occupied nations. Not to mention how much the civilians all over the world suffered.

The history of war is written by the victors, and in the case of ww2 it is written by many nations, and they all have their own versions. However, I don´t think anyone, not British, French, American, and sure as hell not Norwegian, should ever make such a bold claim - as to have been the decisive factor in the allied victory. The super powers at the time all contributed, but there is no historian out there who is willing to deny that Russia took the hardest hit, but also changed the fate of the war. The Soviet Union suffered close to 27 MILLION dead. (don´t bring up the "poorly trained argument - it does nothing, they took the hit, and fought on regardless)
If my memory serves me right, the British faced 3 German divisions and two Italian divisions in North Africa. On the Eastern front Hitler sent almost 200(!).German divisions (I may be a little off on no. of divisions in NA, but not by much) Over 30 million casualties were suffered on the Eastern Front alone, and is to this day the largest armed confrontation ever!

This topic usually brews a pissing match. There is no point, but please don´t make stupid comments to undermine the joined effort, and especially the one made by the Soviet Union.
Nobody is saying that the European countries weren't vital to stopping the Axis Powers that were taking over Europe. We are just saying you guys seem not to have noticed that the US sent many people and lots of supplies to also stop the Axis Powers from taking over Europe-despite the fact that our country is on a totally different continent.

Really, it is. Look it up.
Sunhouse
2/17/2014 5:45pm
thesadguy wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
there was no western front at the time when Russia started to push back the Germans. Oh wait, there was. And Britain held off on its...

vet323 wrote:
Nobody is saying that the European countries weren't vital to stopping the Axis Powers that were taking over Europe. We are just saying you guys seem...
Nobody is saying that the European countries weren't vital to stopping the Axis Powers that were taking over Europe. We are just saying you guys seem not to have noticed that the US sent many people and lots of supplies to also stop the Axis Powers from taking over Europe-despite the fact that our country is on a totally different continent.

Really, it is. Look it up.
I think we agree on the history part.
Is your country north or south of the Philippines?
JW381
2/17/2014 6:14pm
thesadguy wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:

Yes. They make it so complicated by trying to find a definitive black or white answer. The U.S. played a huge role in the war, and it's safe to say the allies would not have won without us. But then the allies wouldn't have won without Russia or Britain or New Zealand or hell the natives on New guinea or Chiang Kai Shek and the KMT in China.

That war was huge in scale, lives lost, and resources consumed, and it's no secret that all nations involved received invaluable help from other supporting nations. The Japanese and Nazis both greatly feared the U.S. industrial machine and for good reason. It was what allowed the allies to out-produce the axis powers. But it's just one piece to a larger puzzle. A big piece, but still just a piece.

And technically Japan invaded China in 1937, so really the war had been going for two years before Germany invaded Poland.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/17/2014 6:36pm
There's nothing funny about war, but...

Post a reply to: 4 in 4 Europeans...

The Latest