2015 Masters

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2015 3:04pm
Figured we could get this started for the golf fans on the board.

Does Tiger contend, or at least make the f*ckin cut?

Does Rory complete the career grand slam and set himself up for his own Tiger slam?

Does MX favorite Fowler finally close on a tournament?

BTW, I would give my left nut to play this course Silly

|
SweetDaddy
4/7/2015 12:16pm
I am not a golfer but I do make it a point to watch the masters - course is unreal
borg
4/7/2015 12:21pm
Does Tiger contend, or at least make the f*ckin cut?

Does Rory complete the career grand slam and set himself up for his own Tiger slam?

Does MX favorite Fowler finally close on a tournament?

I don't see how Tiger will contend. It's 50/50 on making the cut. I was glad and sad when I heard he entered. Glad for him but sad because the coverage will concentrate on him and I want hear about all the top players. Maybe ESPN will not be like the Golf channel. They all ejaculate whenever Tiger's name comes up and they wont shut up about him.

Guys like Rory, Fowler, Day, Bubba, Reed and many more all have just as good a chance as anybody. I don't really see an obvious standout.

One of my favorite sporting events to watch all year.
motosmith
4/7/2015 12:24pm
I'm a Bubba fan but I don't think he can repeat.

Smart money is on Rory.
peelout
4/7/2015 12:32pm
1 - i really hope to see Tiger play like Tiger

2 - Rory is the real deal

3 - huge Fowler fan (how can anyone not be, seriously?) and i really hope to see him win one of these soon

unfortunately i'll be doing some offroad all weekend and won't get to tune in.

The Shop

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/7/2015 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 12:36pm
I hope that Tiger at least puts in competitive rounds to make the cut and make it interesting. I do have to admit, the coverage really declines when he's playing though because the TV time is almost always on him and not shared evenly with the other top contenders.

I think Bubba has a very good shot at taking home his 3rd jacket. His power fade from right to left is so perfect for many of the holes with dog-leg lefts. But when you look at the lineup of the players this year and how many different winners we've had on the PGA Tour in 2015, it should be a great thing to watch!

My dream final pairing come Sunday is Rory and Tiger together (Nike's wet dream), with Fowler and Spieth in the group before (teenage girls wet dream).
ocscottie
4/7/2015 1:23pm
i havent watched much golf at all this season. Caught the end of Sundays tourney when they had a 3 man playoff, that was cool. I watch the Master, and the Open every year.

Sadly, i think Tiger's ship has sailed. His story has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in sports history. Gosh! i use to love watching him play...putting on his Sunday red and just dominating. He made it look so easy.

Huge Fowler fan, how is he doing this year? like i said above, i havent watched any at all this year. He was pretty hot near the end of last year, he just needs to get over that hump to be "next level" and a threat for wins.

Looking forward to The Masters. From what i have read / heard Rory and Speith are the favorites going in.

Gonna be another busy weekend, Masters, SX, F1 and NASCAR.
hvaughn88
4/7/2015 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 1:38pm
I'll be surprised if tiger is playing on Sunday.

I want Fowler to win.

Jordan Spieth, that dude is just on it right now. And of course, Walker is always up towards the front of the leaderboard.

For some reason, I just don't see Bubba getting it done again this year.

Shooter McGavin looked good at the Waterbury Open, though.
spunt313
4/7/2015 1:57pm
Long time lurker but decided to sign up to comment.

The Masters is local to me. I've been out there on tournament days and it is like another world. Even though I don't follow golf, I enjoy the tournament and the way it is done. They spare no expense and go to great lengths to be excellent in everything. For example, there is a guy in a ghillie suit behind amen corner that skims the pollen off of reeds creek as it flows onto the property. I could deal without the traffic, but it is such a boost to local businesses as well as the added income for students/adults looking for part time work that week. I am pulling for Bubba.
KMC440
4/7/2015 1:59pm
One last hurrah for Hefty Lefty... playing fairly well right now.

Tiger's back is shot, 15yrs ago they were talking about how he needed to take torque out of his swing ... he never did and it's toast. He might make the cut if he could swing at 85% and be happy with it but I doubt he'd do that.

My pick is .............. Adam Scott.

hvaughn88
4/7/2015 2:01pm
spunt313 wrote:
Long time lurker but decided to sign up to comment. The Masters is local to me. I've been out there on tournament days and it is...

The Masters is local to me. I've been out there on tournament days and it is like another world. Even though I don't follow golf, I enjoy the tournament and the way it is done. They spare no expense and go to great lengths to be excellent in everything. For example, there is a guy in a ghillie suit behind amen corner that skims the pollen off of reeds creek as it flows onto the property. I could deal without the traffic, but it is such a boost to local businesses as well as the added income for students/adults looking for part time work that week. I am pulling for Bubba.
That's awesome. I really want to go. I hope you're not one of the "get in the hole" guys, haha
hvaughn88
4/7/2015 2:01pm
KMC440 wrote:
One last hurrah for Hefty Lefty... playing fairly well right now. Tiger's back is shot, 15yrs ago they were talking about how he needed to take...

Tiger's back is shot, 15yrs ago they were talking about how he needed to take torque out of his swing ... he never did and it's toast. He might make the cut if he could swing at 85% and be happy with it but I doubt he'd do that.

I don't hate that pick. He's busting out the long putter again, right?
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/7/2015 2:11pm
ocscottie wrote:
i havent watched much golf at all this season. Caught the end of Sundays tourney when they had a 3 man playoff, that was cool. I...
i havent watched much golf at all this season. Caught the end of Sundays tourney when they had a 3 man playoff, that was cool. I watch the Master, and the Open every year.

Sadly, i think Tiger's ship has sailed. His story has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in sports history. Gosh! i use to love watching him play...putting on his Sunday red and just dominating. He made it look so easy.

Huge Fowler fan, how is he doing this year? like i said above, i havent watched any at all this year. He was pretty hot near the end of last year, he just needs to get over that hump to be "next level" and a threat for wins.

Looking forward to The Masters. From what i have read / heard Rory and Speith are the favorites going in.

Gonna be another busy weekend, Masters, SX, F1 and NASCAR.
Fowler has not been very impressive in the tournaments so far for 2015. He hasn't missed a cut, but he's never been in contention to win one. He does play his best at the majors so we'll probably see his name up front, but I am not holding my breath on him sealing the deal.

There's still hope for Tiger, but as KMC pointed out his lower back is torn apart from his violent swinging earlier in his career. If he could just tame it down on not feel the need to try and outdrive guys like Bubba, DJ and Rory, then he could still have a chance at winning with accuracy and putting.
brlatm
4/7/2015 2:21pm
Tiger will make the cut and get a top 10, Rory will go top 5 and I pick Spieth or Fowler to win. Spieth doesn't hit it very far compared to the other guys but good lord can that kid putt the lights out.

I will have to check some highlights at night as I have a golf tourney this weekend.
JW381
4/7/2015 3:22pm
I wouldn't take any action on Tiger making the cut.. not after a couple weeks ago when he literally couldn't chip.
ocscottie
4/7/2015 5:06pm
KMC440 wrote:
One last hurrah for Hefty Lefty... playing fairly well right now. Tiger's back is shot, 15yrs ago they were talking about how he needed to take...

hvaughn88 wrote:
I don't hate that pick. He's busting out the long putter again, right?
That long ass putter is so queer! Thankfully (i think) they are banned in 2016.
JW381
4/7/2015 6:03pm
I HATE long putters, so gay. It's the primary reason I dislike Adam Scott.
ocscottie
4/7/2015 6:30pm
JW381 wrote:
Im totally with ya son! Pisses me off every time he pulls it out.
spunt313
4/7/2015 6:42pm
spunt313 wrote:
Long time lurker but decided to sign up to comment. The Masters is local to me. I've been out there on tournament days and it is...

hvaughn88 wrote:
That's awesome. I really want to go. I hope you're not one of the "get in the hole" guys, haha
Definitely not a "get in the hole" type of guy but I do get a good laugh from all of the professional spectators in the crowd. Practice round days are my favorite. You can take a camera and the players are more interactive with the crowd. Sergio Garcia gave my niece a ball once for example. I can say that listening to Tiger let go of every vulgarity under the sun, on a practice day, as he walked down a fence lined with kids awaiting his autograph makes it hard to pull for him. I know everyone has a bad day, but he has quite a reputation locally. No disrespect to his game.

Some friends got 15,000.00 for their house this week. 5 br. 3 bath. 12 miles from the course.
JW381
4/7/2015 8:56pm
JW381 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Without a doubt PP, I'm glad they're banned in 2016. Now we just need to get holeshot devices outta here too.
IWreckALot
4/8/2015 6:19am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2015 6:20am
JW381 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Without a doubt PP, I'm glad they're banned in 2016. Now we just need to get holeshot devices outta here too.
What is the advantage of the long putter anyways? And why are they banning them? Looking queer isn't quite a PC reason so there must be some sort of marked reason to disallow them.

For the record, I don't like them either. They seem like they'd be a disadvantage so I can't figure out why some golfers prefer them.
hvaughn88
4/8/2015 6:30am
ocscottie wrote:
JW381 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
What is the advantage of the long putter anyways? And why are they banning them? Looking queer isn't quite a PC reason so there must be...
What is the advantage of the long putter anyways? And why are they banning them? Looking queer isn't quite a PC reason so there must be some sort of marked reason to disallow them.

For the record, I don't like them either. They seem like they'd be a disadvantage so I can't figure out why some golfers prefer them.
I've never used one, but I've read that they help eliminate the input from the wrists and make your swing more of a pendulum. Maybe someone who's used one can chime in.
hvaughn88
4/8/2015 6:30am
ocscottie wrote:
JW381 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
What is the advantage of the long putter anyways? And why are they banning them? Looking queer isn't quite a PC reason so there must be...

By they way, did you get my PM response?
h&m_cycle
4/8/2015 6:42am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Been there, no running & you got to watch yelling stupid shit. Saw people get thrown out.

probably Rory or Jordan
IWreckALot
4/8/2015 6:59am
JW381 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
By they way, did you get my PM response?
Yeah man thanks. I haven't really gotten to look into the places you were talking about yet. Hopefully I'll get some time to do some research this morning or afternoon.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/8/2015 7:28am
JW381 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
I've never used one, but I've read that they help eliminate the input from the wrists and make your swing more of a pendulum. Maybe someone...
I've never used one, but I've read that they help eliminate the input from the wrists and make your swing more of a pendulum. Maybe someone who's used one can chime in.
The putter itself isn't the thing being banned, it's the technique of anchoring the end to your body is what it was originally designed for. Adam Scott can still use the putter after 2016, he just has to move the end of the putter away from his body.

They are stupid though and the actual putter design should be banned, looks so ridiculous.
peelout
4/8/2015 10:00am
the long putter is the moto equivalent of the "Bro" helmet
JW381
4/8/2015 11:50am
I've tried a couple out before, just eliminates any wrist sway pretty effectively. It's what we all try to do in our regular stroke anyway, it just does it for yiu. Controlling speed is a bitch tho, I'd never use one. I like to get on top of the ball like Jack did.
hvaughn88
4/8/2015 11:59am
JW381 wrote:
I've tried a couple out before, just eliminates any wrist sway pretty effectively. It's what we all try to do in our regular stroke anyway, it...
I've tried a couple out before, just eliminates any wrist sway pretty effectively. It's what we all try to do in our regular stroke anyway, it just does it for yiu. Controlling speed is a bitch tho, I'd never use one. I like to get on top of the ball like Jack did.
I'm kinda the exact opposite of the long putter. I use an odyssey white ice #9 and actually cut it down an inch. For some reason, I feel more comfortable with a short putter.

Post a reply to: 2015 Masters

The Latest