18 Trillion

1/27/2015 9:12am
ZIRP, not good for savers.
10% return is how I was able to get a hefty down payment for my home in the early nineties.
Now you have to take risks on the stock market if you want any kind of return.
It's not good, me thinks this will blow up badly.

Too many shopping centers, no real jobs and easy money..
Olson
1/27/2015 9:27am
So what is the down payment plan on that?
APLMAN99
1/27/2015 9:33am
ZIRP, not good for savers. 10% return is how I was able to get a hefty down payment for my home in the early nineties. Now...
10% return is how I was able to get a hefty down payment for my home in the early nineties.

The flip side is that if we're having anything close to a 10% return without risk, our mortgage rates are through the roof resulting in huge, nearly unaffordable mortgage payments for many..........
huck
1/27/2015 9:59am
ZIRP, not good for savers. 10% return is how I was able to get a hefty down payment for my home in the early nineties. Now...

APLMAN99 wrote:
The flip side is that if we're having anything close to a 10% return without risk, our mortgage rates are through the roof resulting in huge...
The flip side is that if we're having anything close to a 10% return without risk, our mortgage rates are through the roof resulting in huge, nearly unaffordable mortgage payments for many..........
I always laugh when people say "I wish I could get 8-10% on my money"....yet don't remember paying 18-20% for mortgages or auto loans.

The Shop

1/27/2015 10:05am
Well, there were only a couple percentage points difference usually.
Thus when I was earning 10% on my deposits mortgages were low teens at most.
When I got a 7% year rate in '93 I thought it was dandy !
A body man I know up here was making 20% on his money back then,
his home had very little mortgage if any.
newmann
1/27/2015 12:17pm
My townhouse rentals are still doing good for me. Would like to buy six more but the asking prices have gone up probably 20-25% over the last two years. Puts them out of my comfort zone. I don't think many are selling though.
1/27/2015 1:27pm
newmann wrote:
My townhouse rentals are still doing good for me. Would like to buy six more but the asking prices have gone up probably 20-25% over the...
My townhouse rentals are still doing good for me. Would like to buy six more but the asking prices have gone up probably 20-25% over the last two years. Puts them out of my comfort zone. I don't think many are selling though.
Yeah that's the way to go, probably safest bet.
Clear money when they are paid for, guess you have to scramble to make up
expenses at that point. Good for you man.

Post a reply to: 18 Trillion

The Latest