1 Year Anniversary!

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2015 10:45am
So stoked...i fucking made it! One year ago today, Feb. 20th 2014 i smoked my last cigarette! I had been a pack a day smoker for as long as i can remember. Started not long after i gut hurt when i was just 16yrs old (im now 45) The longest i was ever able to stop until now was 7 months. I tried the gum, the patch and even the pills. I was at the point where i could truly feel every single cig i smoked kill me more. My lungs are now so clear and no more coughing up gross lung butter.

I used Halo G6 eCigs to quit, and still smoke them today but the eLiquid i use hardly has any nicotine in it at all (6ml) I could probably go down to 0 nicotine and do it just for the taste. These things are so good i put down the cigs the day i received my Halo Starter Kit.

I absolutely LOVE the taste of the eLiquid i use, its called SubZero and it seriously taste like crushed up peppermint life savers , ZERO tobacco flavor at all, its like candy. I actually rolled by a person smoking the other day and i seriously wanted to hurl! Sick No clue how i use to smell like that shit.

Anyway...im very stoked and proud i kicked that nasty habit. Cool
|
Spydee
2/20/2015 2:38pm
Congrats on a healthier pair of lungs dude! Must have taken some serious determination to get through those last 12 months.
ocscottie
2/20/2015 2:46pm
Spydee wrote:
Congrats on a healthier pair of lungs dude! Must have taken some serious determination to get through those last 12 months.
It was so easy bro! I quit the day i tried these eCigs, they just taste so damn good compared to tobacco, its like inhaling candy lol

Im sure there will be some people that come out and say but yea you are still smoking eCigs, but i feel 100% healthier, I dont STINK like tobacco, truly life changing.

btw: because of the level of my SCI injury, i already only have 75% use of my lungs, so smoking cigs all those years was truly killing me.
Hut
2/20/2015 3:09pm
Congrats Scottie I think I remember when you quit.
I just quit Copenhagen cold turkey after 35 years of use on January 18th. First couple weeks were a nightmare now the wife says I got tourette's syndrome. What the fuck does she know I mean goddamnit all to hell get off my fucking ass...
ocscottie
2/20/2015 3:10pm
LOL @ Hut Laughing Well done bro, keep it up!

btw: you quit on my momma's birthday Cool

The Shop

Hut
2/20/2015 3:12pm
ocscottie wrote:
LOL @ Hut Laughing Well done bro, keep it up!

btw: you quit on my momma's birthday Cool
It is getting easier but one day at a time. HBD OC momma Cool
MR. X
2/20/2015 3:15pm
Good job buddy ! Don't ever have that occasional smoke ,it gets me every time i quit, i quit for 2 years and had a smoke on new years and started back up again.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
2/20/2015 3:23pm
congrats, I know smoking is very hard to quit. Can't say Im a big fan of e-cigs but I'm glad they helped you quit.
At the business park there's a guy in the next building that smokes them. Our shop smells like cherry candy whenever he's
puffing away. some potent shit there
Uncle Tony
2/20/2015 3:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
So stoked...i fucking made it! One year ago today, Feb. 20th 2014 i smoked my last cigarette! I had been a pack a day smoker for...
So stoked...i fucking made it! One year ago today, Feb. 20th 2014 i smoked my last cigarette! I had been a pack a day smoker for as long as i can remember. Started not long after i gut hurt when i was just 16yrs old (im now 45) The longest i was ever able to stop until now was 7 months. I tried the gum, the patch and even the pills. I was at the point where i could truly feel every single cig i smoked kill me more. My lungs are now so clear and no more coughing up gross lung butter.

I used Halo G6 eCigs to quit, and still smoke them today but the eLiquid i use hardly has any nicotine in it at all (6ml) I could probably go down to 0 nicotine and do it just for the taste. These things are so good i put down the cigs the day i received my Halo Starter Kit.

I absolutely LOVE the taste of the eLiquid i use, its called SubZero and it seriously taste like crushed up peppermint life savers , ZERO tobacco flavor at all, its like candy. I actually rolled by a person smoking the other day and i seriously wanted to hurl! Sick No clue how i use to smell like that shit.

Anyway...im very stoked and proud i kicked that nasty habit. Cool
Awesome Scottie, I was 3 years on Valentine's day, keep it up man, it's nice to be smoke free!!!
ocscottie
2/20/2015 3:45pm
I had a doc app the other day, and outside someone was smoking, i almost wanted to hurl! could not believe how bad is smelled. Hard to think that i stunk like that for so many years. Fucking gross!
Old-Man
2/20/2015 3:49pm
Damn Scottie! WoW what a fuckin Triple you just cleared dude. Hammer down keep up the good work on yourself. May taste how good those steaks really are for once..Wink

Really dude good job!
2/20/2015 4:56pm
This is a great story to hear. Congrats to you! I've been a steady dipper for about twenty years now. Switched to pouches about 5 years ago and it's a step down from the fine cut stuff, not quite as nasty with shit stuck in your teeth too. However I would love to quit pouches too. Tired of the $4.25 per day and being an addict. I've heard it's more difficult to quit than butts though. Any thoughts or advice from fellow vithusiasts is welcome.
Hut
2/20/2015 5:09pm
This is a great story to hear. Congrats to you! I've been a steady dipper for about twenty years now. Switched to pouches about 5 years...
This is a great story to hear. Congrats to you! I've been a steady dipper for about twenty years now. Switched to pouches about 5 years ago and it's a step down from the fine cut stuff, not quite as nasty with shit stuck in your teeth too. However I would love to quit pouches too. Tired of the $4.25 per day and being an addict. I've heard it's more difficult to quit than butts though. Any thoughts or advice from fellow vithusiasts is welcome.
I chewed Copenhagen snuff basically 24 hours a day and didn't spit it out. I can tell you this; quitting is a real mother fucker! I tried nicotine gum a few years ago and it is a waste of time and money, you just get hooked on that shit. The only way for me to quit was to just make up my mind and do it. Then suffer for a while.... Good luck
Hut
2/20/2015 5:35pm
I wanted to quit because I was worried about what it might be doing to my health but even though it might sound weird I really loved the stuff.
2/20/2015 5:43pm
Hut wrote:
I chewed Copenhagen snuff basically 24 hours a day and didn't spit it out. I can tell you this; quitting is a real mother fucker! I...
I chewed Copenhagen snuff basically 24 hours a day and didn't spit it out. I can tell you this; quitting is a real mother fucker! I tried nicotine gum a few years ago and it is a waste of time and money, you just get hooked on that shit. The only way for me to quit was to just make up my mind and do it. Then suffer for a while.... Good luck
I've put a lot of thought into it and I think I'll have to go "off the grid" for at least two weeks to accomplish it. Im too afraid ill be a menace to society while i'm kicking it. And even still it ain't gonna be pretty. I'll just take our my rage on some trees or rocks. Kind of like Survivorman and purge it out of me.
Hut
2/20/2015 5:53pm
I've put a lot of thought into it and I think I'll have to go "off the grid" for at least two weeks to accomplish it...
I've put a lot of thought into it and I think I'll have to go "off the grid" for at least two weeks to accomplish it. Im too afraid ill be a menace to society while i'm kicking it. And even still it ain't gonna be pretty. I'll just take our my rage on some trees or rocks. Kind of like Survivorman and purge it out of me.
That might be the way to go Laughing
Hut
2/20/2015 5:59pm
Spydee wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
It was so easy bro! I quit the day i tried these eCigs, they just taste so damn good compared to tobacco, its like inhaling candy...
It was so easy bro! I quit the day i tried these eCigs, they just taste so damn good compared to tobacco, its like inhaling candy lol

Im sure there will be some people that come out and say but yea you are still smoking eCigs, but i feel 100% healthier, I dont STINK like tobacco, truly life changing.

btw: because of the level of my SCI injury, i already only have 75% use of my lungs, so smoking cigs all those years was truly killing me.
That's really awesome you got off the cigs scottie. Some of the Bros at work have their own vaporizer doohickeys that they built. Kind of cool and some of them are more pleasant smelling than others.
hvaughn88
2/20/2015 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 7:13pm
This is a great story to hear. Congrats to you! I've been a steady dipper for about twenty years now. Switched to pouches about 5 years...
Hut wrote:
I chewed Copenhagen snuff basically 24 hours a day and didn't spit it out. I can tell you this; quitting is a real mother fucker! I...
I've been hoping my dad would kick the Copenhagen forever, but he won't. He's 50 and been dippin since he was 13. He's the same way, always has a dip in, never spits, I don't get how he does it either. He's quit a few times when I was younger, but everytime my baseball seasons or hunting seasons would roll around, he was back at it. Now that I have two young boys, I've been thinking about playing the "don't be a bad example" card, haha.
JPT
2/20/2015 7:24pm
Good job.
G-man
2/20/2015 8:05pm
Congrats Scottie!
Smile
mauidex
2/21/2015 8:38am
congratulations scottie!!! that's great to hear...........just lost a vere very close girlfriend to lung cancer a month ago..........nasty nasty shit...............awesome willpower!!!
TailSoHard
2/21/2015 9:27am
Congrats man!! I just passed the 1 year mark back in December and like you said, it feels awesome!! I used a Kangertech Protank3 and a giant-ass battery for vape machine, but haven't touched them in well over a month. I did the same thing you probably did, start at a higher nicotine level and tapered off every two weeks. Pretty soon you're just inhaling vapor with no nicotine at all. From there I just started "forgetting" to bring it to work with me and it's stayed in my junk drawer since.

I've noticed the best part about the whole quitting thing is my attitude. I thought that I smoked cigs when I got frustrated or stressed, but in reality, I got frustrated/stressed because I was a smoker. The lack of nicotine in my system has made me more relaxed, I get better sleep, and I don't snap at people like I used to. Plus ya know, less smoky smell, I get laid more now, and I have SOOOO MUCH MORE MONEY NOW!!! It's amazing what $7-$14 per day adds up to

Keep up the good work man!! It only gets easier from here!!
huck
2/21/2015 10:39am
Good job man!!! Glad to hear it!!!
Fantasy
4452nd
2/21/2015 10:48am
Congrats, Scottie!

ocscottie
2/21/2015 11:20am
Thanks everyone, i am really proud of myself Cool

btw: those that mentioned being able to smell people vaping, they must be using some really powerful shit! Mine have no smell at all. Nice not having to go outside to puff Wink
vet323
2/21/2015 12:32pm
That is great news, OC! You must feel great !
CR250Rider
2/21/2015 11:58pm
Beating an addiction always feels great. Congrats OC!
2/22/2015 6:15am
Put down the weed, booze, pills, etc., about nine years ago. Can't seem to do it with the cigs. Did not start them until I was 30, mainly because work regulations forced me to abstain from the bud, and I thought I needed something to smoke.

Now, it just seems like instinct to light up a smog. I know it's going to kill me.
Olson
2/23/2015 11:43am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 11:53am
Good job Scottie! Take care of your teeth now when you're on ecigs. At least better with bad teeth than what normal cigs does to you. It's very sweet, it's like eating candy and drinking soda. You might have heard about what a Shisha does to your teeth. Not trying to be that guy, just a heads up.

Post a reply to: 1 Year Anniversary!

The Latest