yz250f Maintance

Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 9:21am
Im wondering how often i should do each of the following
Oil Change-?
Air filter clean-?
Oil filter change-?
Air filter change-?
Piston and ring-?

(I ride the mx track but i do not race, im new to riding the track so im not beating the shit out of the bike)

The bike is 2006 yz250f mint condition

So if you could tell me the amount of hours of each that would be great! I want my bike to last
|
TX24
7/17/2014 1:26pm
I'll bite. I change my oil about every 5 hours. Fairly hard off road riding not MX.
I put in a clean air filter every time I ride. It's good to have at least 2 or 3 filters.
I bring in a new air filter when it looks like one is going to get a hole in it. They last about a year.
I have a cheap stainless oil filter I clean 80% of the time I do and oil change. It's pretty easy.

Put your clean air filter in after you wash your bike, you don't want to get it wet.
gwilliams107
8/12/2014 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2014 7:10pm
I have the same bike. Bought it new in Nov 05. I change the oil and oil filter every 3 hrs, air filter after every ride. Keep at least 2 air filters on hand. Wash it top to bottom after every ride and check valves every 10 hrs. Still on the original piston but thinking a higher compression piston from a later year and a new cam chain would be cheap insurance and peace of mind. My bike has 55 hrs on it and still looks new. Raced it many times and still runs and starts great. Make sure the valve recall was done if you bought it used. For my age and lack of skill the bike is perfect.
Team Ideal
8/19/2014 9:21am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 9:22am
Pretty much what they said, air filter change every ride, keep a couple around so you can just put a fresh one on. Take seat off and cover filter with a plastic walmart sack before each wash. After wash spray anything you don't want to rust with silcone spray.

Use a good oil and change every 3 hrs and oil filter every other time. Buy the cheap Emgo filter, they work just fine and are half the price.

Check valves every 25 hrs and new piston and rings at 50. If your not riding really hard you can prolly stretch out to 40 and 80.

I don't remember a valve issue with the 06 but its been a while since we had one. Very reliable bike, take good care of it and it will last you a long time. Have fun!

Post a reply to: yz250f Maintance

The Latest