im a new rider and not very rich. is a SSR 125 a good bike for me?

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/8/2014 6:00am
Hard to say exactly, how much do you weigh,height, age?

You might be better off saving more money for a Honda, yamaha, Suzuki or ktm. The bigger brand bikes might be more reliable? I think the brand Cobra has a nice small bike, but not sure on the cost?
4/8/2014 8:00am
Thanks. I'm about 14 and 120 pounds. So is that a good bike to buy or should I wait.?
TX24
4/8/2014 8:28am
As said it would be best to buy even a used Kaw, Suz, Honda, KTM , or Yamaha. Those bikes made in China can have the simplest thing break in a very short time and it might be hard to find parts to fix it.

Not trying to sell it to you, but I have a 2006 Yamaha ttr125. It might be worth about $1,200. Something like that would be a much better bike to start on.

The Shop

Mouse153
4/8/2014 5:29pm
I think you'd be better off finding a used YZ125 instead.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
4/20/2014 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2014 12:22pm
If you're a brand new rider (never ridden or ridden very little) and your intent is to learn, I'd recommend a Yamaha TTR 125 for your size. They are about as reliable as the average hammer, and pretty docile and easy to learn on. That and the resale value will be pretty good when you outgrow it and decide to sell it. Plus you can pick one up used for a reasonable price. If you're interested in a TTR, there are a few on Craigslist under New Haven. $800-$1000. some TTR 125's and some TTR 225's.

I can't recommend any of the Chinese bikes....inferior quality, hard to find parts for, and always breaking (I race and work on bikes for many different people...they're always complaining their Chinese bike is broken). If you do end up buying one, and if your lucky enough that it doesn't break, you won't get much out of it when you decide to sell it.
4/21/2014 2:50am
im a new rider and not very rich. is a SSR 125 a good bike for me?
I think SSR 125 is good for you because it is easy for driver management and maintenance.
I thought if you are asking about this bike, then you like it and need safety for vehicle. If you want safety of your bike in parking then you can use the advance technology which provides alert on your cell phone.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
6/2/2016 9:40am
Like others have said, skip the chinease bikes. Get a Yamaha TTR 125, Honda CRF230, Kawasaki KLX140L, or similar models. But stick to Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki.
If you're ballsy and wanna race asap, skip the bikes I listed and look for a Kawasaki KX100, or a KTM 105.
And lastly, DO NOT skip on safety gear. I know that helmet at walmart looks like a Helluva deal, but don't do it. You need a quality helmet, boots, and goggles. Feel free to go cheap elsewhere, pads aren't needed although nice. Blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt work plenty well. My only stipulation here, is to remember you will crash. Doesn't matter how conservitive you ride, you're gonna hit the ground. So dress to crash, and have fun!
YoItsYamaha
6/7/2016 2:44pm
Hey I have personal experience with a Chinese dirt bike.Shocked My first dirt bike was a 70cc Baja motor sports Dr70. I did absolutely nothing but ride that bike no maintenance. I learned so much on it and it's been running for a year and a few months. I think I have having air filter problems now but the point is that it's just a small bike and you can upgrade from it soon. You will crash and you aren't putting that much money into it so it won't matter. No matter what bike you get it doesn't even need to have a clutch like mine didnt. I would buy that bike and ride it until your more than confident with it then upgrade to something much biggerSilly . You won't have to break the bank for your first bikeGrinning . Once again this is what I'm doing and now I'm looking for a two stroke bike. If I were you I would buy that bike. BTW ssr is the best Chinese company. Smile
6/24/2016 9:49am
If you're just looking to get something that you can put around on here and there, that you don't want to pay a lot up front for and that you don't plan on taking to the track very often or at all. You'd be alright getting an SSR 125. BUT if you're wanting to do more than that starting out, I would recommend going with a japanese made brand.

Best of Luck!

Post a reply to: im a new rider and not very rich. is a SSR 125 a good bike for me?

The Latest