how do i get my parents to let me me buy a two stroke.

norman151
9/20/2014 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 10:56pm
Recently i have become very interested in motocross, i have been riding dirtbike's since i was five years old. within the last year i have become much more serious about my riding and would really like to get into racing. My only problem is i only have low cc four strokes that have very low power and slow acceleration. The main reason that my parents don't want to let me get a 2-stroke is because they think that i just want it for the extra speed that it can produce. When i have watched races i have noticed that almost everyone has a two stroke, unless they have a very high cc bike. Therefore i'm afraid to Race with a 4 because of how long it takes to accel and just plain it cant keep up with other bikes. I am currently in the proccess of saving money to buy the bike but i need my parents approvel of the bike first. i would like to get a kx or sx 125, but dint now how to convince my parent to let me get it.
|
NHtoWA421
9/21/2014 10:41am
That's a tough question. I think a good first step would be for you, and your parents to explain to them that this is what you want to do for fun in your free time, then make a a trip out to watch a local race, and show them the racing, and the types of bikes that people are riding. This will give them, and yourself an honest to goodness look at the machinery, and the machinery in action. Who knows, you may even spot a used kx or sx for sale there at a good price Smile
NHtoWA421
9/21/2014 10:49am
FAIR WARNING: It was a lot harder for my parents to get behind the idea of me racing than it was for them to let me get my first "race bike"... Now 15 years since that first rm80, I still don't think they fully understand it...I think they gave up.
9/21/2014 6:11pm
Show them your dead serious about it. Be responsible, say yes sir to your dad and yes mam to your mom when they speak too you.
Make an all out effort and get great grades in school, on your tests and show them those test grades, and explain to them this is the kinda dedication im willing to do to get a race bike and start racing..

Go the extra mile, help out around the house, clean the yard, clean the garage, take out the trash. Dont fool around with friends doing iresponsible things, stay focused, stay motivated, show them your serious. Dont lie about anything, speak clearly and slowly and maturely. Be direct but not pushy.

Dont whine when you dont get your way, remember, yes sir, yes mam. Be mature and responsible and commited. Keep saving, dont touch your savings for nothing,

Thats how you get a new bike
quadmx301
Fantasy
2927th
9/23/2014 2:34pm
Show them how cheap they are... I can get you a copy of my last receipt for a top end. lol

The Shop

9/30/2014 3:28pm
norman151 wrote:
Recently i have become very interested in motocross, i have been riding dirtbike's since i was five years old. within the last year i have become...
Recently i have become very interested in motocross, i have been riding dirtbike's since i was five years old. within the last year i have become much more serious about my riding and would really like to get into racing. My only problem is i only have low cc four strokes that have very low power and slow acceleration. The main reason that my parents don't want to let me get a 2-stroke is because they think that i just want it for the extra speed that it can produce. When i have watched races i have noticed that almost everyone has a two stroke, unless they have a very high cc bike. Therefore i'm afraid to Race with a 4 because of how long it takes to accel and just plain it cant keep up with other bikes. I am currently in the proccess of saving money to buy the bike but i need my parents approvel of the bike first. i would like to get a kx or sx 125, but dint now how to convince my parent to let me get it.
Buy it!!
my dad was against me to buying a
Bike.
when I brought it home and told him all the finances were done.
he didn't have a problem.
I miss him!
Go for it!
thecolonel610
10/19/2014 2:09pm
You've got to work with them dude. I promised my Grandma i'd get better grades and go to church with her when I was home. She never had any problems with me racing or doing whatever as long as i kept my end of the bargain. It takes a lot of responsibility to save up for that and they will see that and should be very proud of you, that's a pretty cool thing dude.
bronwynrayne
11/23/2014 10:56pm
I dunno how old you are but get them to meet you half way or something on it, that way you work for it to be yours and they will respect that (I think, if they are reasonable).

Post a reply to: how do i get my parents to let me me buy a two stroke.

The Latest