Which Knee Braces for chunky legs? and boots?

AB#81
12/17/2014 3:37am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 2:54am
I have quite large thighs and calves and wondered what knee braces anyone uses or recommends? and also which boots are best to accommodate them.
i have the TLD catalyst X knee braces but they ant great fit or comfort and combined with my calves are huge for my tech 3 and 6 boots. its difficult to get them closed and there is zero comfort.
|
ktm212
12/18/2014 8:57am
Get Asterisk knee braces, they have adjustable upper and lower frames with just a turn of a screw. Measure your knee or go to an asterisk dealer and have them size you for braces. You can call them too and they can recommend what frames to go with that will expand the most. Also they rebuild their braces so when they get trashed you dont have to buy new ones.

Boots, SIDI. hands down the most adjustable boot in the biz. Also super durable and keep your feet dry in any condition. The outer of the boot is separate from the inside and has different adjustments in the calf and front plate area. go on their website to see the different parts that move. Also they sell tons of parts so you can keep the boots forever, new soles that screw on and off, all the buckles, all the plates, and all the hinges. best bang for your buck in each product.

asterisk

Sidi
Idaho747
12/18/2014 7:13pm
I have pretty big legs and I wear gaerne. And they are great. As far as knee braces I can't really help I.have some chappy 661 braces. The stops in them have gone.to crap so now they are just over glorified guards.
AB#81
12/19/2014 2:50am
ktm212 wrote:
Get Asterisk knee braces, they have adjustable upper and lower frames with just a turn of a screw. Measure your knee or go to an asterisk...
Get Asterisk knee braces, they have adjustable upper and lower frames with just a turn of a screw. Measure your knee or go to an asterisk dealer and have them size you for braces. You can call them too and they can recommend what frames to go with that will expand the most. Also they rebuild their braces so when they get trashed you dont have to buy new ones.

Boots, SIDI. hands down the most adjustable boot in the biz. Also super durable and keep your feet dry in any condition. The outer of the boot is separate from the inside and has different adjustments in the calf and front plate area. go on their website to see the different parts that move. Also they sell tons of parts so you can keep the boots forever, new soles that screw on and off, all the buckles, all the plates, and all the hinges. best bang for your buck in each product.

asterisk

Sidi
Thanks bud for the detailed response, definitely going to look into those options as i have to do something
AB#81
12/19/2014 2:54am
cheers idaho, have been thinking sidi or gaerne, been a loyal astars customer all my life but hearing sidi and gaerne users that have switched over and said they are far better has made me think

Post a reply to: Which Knee Braces for chunky legs? and boots?

The Latest