Track Walk Tips - got any?

Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 2:56pm
Still working on the second sports novel and writing a scene where my hero is doing a track walk. I've researched what to look for but it's blah-boring. I thought I'd ask you guys: what do you look for when doing a track walk? I've got types of dirt, jumps, alt. lines to take if previous ones are rutted, but what else? Funny comments are great, but looking for some helpful insights too.
Cheers
|
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
10/2/2014 10:07am
It's important to be able to look ahead as far as possible. I like to look for spots on the track where my vision of what's coming is obstructed, usually by obstacles, then make mental notes of what's coming up in those areas that can't be seen as early as one might like.

I make a note of where the flagger boxes are, making sure they're sufficient to cover problem areas on the track.

Lost pocket change. (Never did find any...)
KMC440
10/4/2014 9:37am
Track walks are best the afternoon before. That way if you see something you don't like there's time to tell the owner how much you love the place and how it's the best in the state .... cept for this little section over there.
Play it right and waahlaaaaah here comes the dozer. ..... Wink win.
10/8/2014 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 2:59pm
Take a pair of binnoculars so you can check out the first and second turn ruts in the motos leading up to yours. It really helps to know where the best lines are in the first turns after the start..
I look for big rocks, wet spots, super deep ruts to avoid, and smoother sections of the track.
Here in midsouth, the dirt is awsome and the tracks end up getting super rough.

Post a reply to: Track Walk Tips - got any?

The Latest