Street legalizing bike in MA?

Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 9:00am
I've had a TTR-125 for a while and thought about street legalizing it. I've looked into it but found nothing. I don't have the title or MSO. I know for a bike 1980 and older you don't need a title, so couldn't I just buy an older bike and street legalize it? I can get the parts and lights that's not a problem, it's the regestration. I would love to register my ttr or possibly buy a pitbike And make it like a mini supermoto. I've seen them on Craigslist but they weren't in Mass. Anybody ever street register their bikes? I really need some help
|
TX24
3/13/2015 10:55am
I do know you would need head light, tail light, horn, and probably insurance.
Also don't go in and say, I bought this bike six years ago and want to register it. Sometimes you only have 30 days.
Payterrr125
4/8/2015 4:01am
I live in Fitchburg Ma and I think to street legalize it you need for the bike to be a four stroke. I've never see a street two stroke, but that just might be me.
Maddox Pepin
3/19/2018 1:13pm
Not sure about MA but my dad just bought a 2014 KTM 300 2 stroke from Florida and registered it in NC which I am pretty sure isn’t supposed to be possible. In NC 2 strokes shouldn’t have a title.
3/20/2018 3:19am
I live in Fitchburg Ma and I think to street legalize it you need for the bike to be a four stroke. I've never see a...
I live in Fitchburg Ma and I think to street legalize it you need for the bike to be a four stroke. I've never see a street two stroke, but that just might be me.
There are two strokes out there. There’s no regulation saying you can’t but it’s probably easier to have a four stroke as far as going anywhere goes.

You must have a title that does NOT state specifically for offroad use/ not for highway use. You also need insurance and an inspection.

To get around the title, if you have a relative that lives in Vermont, you could title it there to their address under your name and then after 6 months, transfer the title to Mass. I believe Vermont issues titles with only a certificate of origin and maaaaaaybe a bill of sale.

It is also possible to have a dealer to change the title to a street title when you first buy a bike. Some will, some won’t.

Also, a TTR-125 might not be great for roads, suspension and engine wise.

The Shop

RCF
3/20/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 9:00am
I'm pretty sure most Japanese bikes come with closed-course titles . I've done a few KTM two and four strokes they come with clean titles. the current bike I have is a 450 xc-w I went with that particular bike for the wide ratio transmission all I had to do is put blinkers and brake light switches on it. I have it done up with my kids numbers I've been pulled over by the cops numerous times it's the only downside to having a bike that looks like it doesn't belong on the street.

Post a reply to: Street legalizing bike in MA?

The Latest