Riding faster/better after a few laps?

kx100getter
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:00pm
I have noticed right when I get on the track I am a little slow and riding not my best but then after about 10-15 minutes I find myself starting to ride faster and better and hitting more jumps and stuff.

And then when I get off the track for more than 10 minutes and go back out onto the track, I am back to riding slowly until I get "warmed up" and riding faster again.

Anybody notice this?
|
Barrett57
11/24/2010 11:11am
yeah,in my second session i am ALWAYS faster than my first session no matter what.
even if i know the track and feel really good on the bike without exception my second session is always quicker.
kx100getter
11/24/2010 1:26pm
Do lap times progressivly get faster throughout the race on most races?
Mxfreak_24
11/24/2010 1:42pm
It depends on how long you ride for. I usually do about 4 to 6 twenty minute sessions whenever I go to practice days and my fastest and most comfortable times are usually my 2nd and 4th sessions. In the first I'm just getting warmed up and getting used to the feel of the bike again. In my 2nd I tend to start going faster and riding better. Then 3rd is kind of just a go ride session. Then 4th is riding hard and fast again. Towards the end is when I start getting tired and slowing down. Biggest thing I've learned is not to try to push it whenever you start getting tired because every little mistake that you make is magnified and you risk potentially wadding it big time.
Ddavis
11/24/2010 2:20pm
It always seems like when I ride better my first 10-15 minutes of riding.

Probably why on raceday I can keep the best B riders honest in practice but my the time the motos come around I can't.

The Shop

jeffro503
11/24/2010 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2010 3:01pm
I think everyone is different....and some ( like myself ) change with their age. I used to go out in my first practice and and after about 1 lap.....just lay the wood as hard as i could to get the "speed of the track" down.

Now days....I'm a little more tentative and try not to push to hard until my 3rd or 4th practice. I usually do my faster and smoother laps towards the end of the day as I progressively get faster throughout the day. 10 years ago.....it was just the opposite for me.

I've also noticed that after taking 5 years off , I approached my riding a little differently on how I attack certain sections of the track. it's weird....i don't feel i've lost much speed at all , but my timing and conditioning isn't what it used to be. unfortunately for me.....my aggression is still there when I slap a helmet on....which still gets me into trouble every now and then.

For some reason in the aggression part......I have some how forgot where my "off button" is......i don't know why.
fun rider
12/1/2010 4:52pm
When I train I try and keep a fast pace through all my motos and ride that pace 4 as long as I can. The main rual for trainning for motorcross or SX is to ride a 20 motos for as long as you can at 80-99.9999%, the big mistake many people do is just cruse around at 50-80% you don't get any faster by doing that. And alway improve every week no ones perfect
kx100getter
12/1/2010 5:21pm
Ok, I find myself getting lazy out on the track and going slow sometimes which I need to stop doing haha!

I know what you mean about how if your not pushing it a little you will not get better.

Thanks
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
12/2/2010 11:47pm
I'm like the first guy who replied on this thread. Every-time i go to the track, my second and third session is always the fastest. The first session is just looking for lines and getting warmed up. Then after you know your lines you can start doing some motos and work on areas that you can obviously improve on. Just try to make a goal that every time you go riding you want to improve. If you do that, you should be fine. I'd recommend the Skills videos in case you haven't seen them already.

Post a reply to: Riding faster/better after a few laps?

The Latest