Oil Leak on a 2014 YZ250F

ODannyBoy
Need advice please?
Just bought a used bike from a local shop, and when I got it home there was leaked oil in the back of the truck which kinda tagged to the transport so really didn't get excited about it.
The next day there was a puddle and in grew as the days went on. I notified the shop immediately, and have an appointment tomorrow. Is this a BIG WARNING SIGN about the dealership? Should have them fix it, or demand my money back and go somewhere else? I rode the bike for 15 minutes at the shop and have not rode it since...... afraid I might blow it up then it would be my fault
ODannyBoy
|
carl-h
9/6/2016 12:49pm
It may just need a new washer for the drain bolt or it's not quite right enough. No reason to reject the bike yet. Check/top it up before riding and it will be fine

I thought my new bike had a leak the other day. Oil u Dee it in the van when I got to the track. It was oil that had sat in the under cover from when I changed the oil the day before
tomm55x
9/8/2016 4:30am
Look at the waterpump, there is a weep hole on the bottom of it. If the oil side of the waterpump seal goes it leaks oil out of the weep hole so it does not get into the coolant. I had to replace the waterpump seals on my 14 yz250f because it was leaking oil there. This may not be your issue but just a thought anyhow.
Rockinar
9/17/2016 7:07pm
Look under it and see where it's leaking from?? I'm just thinking out loud here...
MxRyder
9/21/2016 6:48am
Check the filter screen on stator side..on the 250 & 450 the plug like filter screen can purge oil when the crankcase is under pressure......larger Oring needed...minor over sight by yamaha or perhaps it just shrinks from the constant heating up and cooling down... Even though its bolted in with the 10mm bolt with a washer..the screen filter can move in and out just enough for the oil to seep by...especially under the inturnal pressure the motor builds.....u can lose up to half to a full teaspoon of oil per ride.....

Post a reply to: Oil Leak on a 2014 YZ250F

The Latest