Honda CRF450 too small?

mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
3/5/2015 2:45pm
kennyc wrote:
I am debating getting a new '14 or '15 CRF450R, but when I was at the shop today I noticed it was considerably smaller than my...
I am debating getting a new '14 or '15 CRF450R, but when I was at the shop today I noticed it was considerably smaller than my previous CRFs. I have had an '02, 04', and '06 CRF450 and I just sold the '06. I'm 6'2" and 235lbs so I'm a big guy, but the Honda seemed very small. The YZF450 was much taller, but on the spec sheets they show to be within 1" of each other. The shop had a '14 and a '15 CRF450, a '14 KX450F, and a '15 YZ450F, and by far the Honda was much smaller.

Anyone else notice this or seem to have the same issue (if you're a taller rider)?

I was dead set on going in there today and getting one, then I got on it and it was just too small (or at least it seemed that way). On YZ, I'm on my toes a little, but on the Honda I can stand flat footed with my butt off the seat.

Any info will be helpful because I'm not finding that much info regarding this topic online...
I agree... the new Hondas are designed to be small and light. Its one reason they have a steering damper on them because without it, they can be a little nervous at high speed, rough tracks.
At your height and weight, I would go with the KX450F or the YZ450F. Or even the KTM or Husky.

Post a reply to: Honda CRF450 too small?

The Latest