Dirt Bike Gear?

Edited Date/Time 4/10/2016 10:30am
Hello guys,

I want to start dirt bike but I don't know what gear is essential and what is not essential.
Fisr, I have to buy a helmet but I should put how much money and what are the good helmet companies.
After, Boot are necessary or not, pants, t-shirt, and more.
I don't talk about glove because I already have mechanics gloves.

Thanks
|
Manco
3/12/2016 10:03am
Basic safety gear run down:

1. Helmet: Buy a SNELL approved helmet because it is proven to be a safe helmet in laboratory tests and in the field. All race organizations require SNELL certified helmets for races. That says a lot about the SNELL safety rating. SNELL approved helmets start around $100 and go upwards of several hundred dollars. The only things gained from spending more money are lighter weight, more vents and pretty graphics. As for which brand of helmet to buy try on several different brands. Each brand will fit a little different. Find the one that fits you best.

2. Eye Protection: Goggles are the best. At minimum wear safety glasses like the kind used in construction, shop, ect. Avoid cheap sunglasses. Also avoid avoid goggles and glasses made with glass.

3. Boots: Moto boots start at $100 and go upwards of several hundred. The more expensive the boots are the more safety, comfort, and maneuverability will be built into the boot. Beginner riders may not be able to tell the difference between a $100 and a $700 dollar boot as beginners are just that, beginners. Like helmets, boot companies have different fits so try a few brands of boots.

From here on out its up to you. Jeans and a T shirt will be fine for screwing around on the farm, dirt roads ect. If you are going out into the woods on trails away from society consider clothing that offers a little more protection as well as adapts to changing weather conditions.

If you are planning on being a bad @ss and want to go fast as f**** before launching a mega jump to impress your family and friends do them all a favor and buy way more gear then you think is needed. Consider getting a neck brace, full upper body armor, padded shorts and knee pads. That way when you fail at the mega jump you will at very least have significantly lower hospital bills.
Jake86
4/10/2016 10:30am
Most tracks won't let you ride there unless you have a long sleeve shirt on, so take that into consideration..

Post a reply to: Dirt Bike Gear?

The Latest